Troy Deeney - Family Man

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
He’s really weird looking, what else did you expect him to say?

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
He’s really weird looking, what else did you expect him to say?
What someone says has a correlation to their looks?

Interesting. Love Island contestants must be intellectual giants given how 'attractive' they are ;)

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
What someone says has a correlation to their looks?

Interesting. Love Island contestants must be intellectual giants given how 'attractive' they are ;)
It was just banter.
Thinks of Richard Keys’ hairy hands, who’s also weird looking.

Brophs

The One and Only
-Have you heard Troy Deeney is a domestic abuser?
-What? No. Is he he?
-No idea, but imagine if he was...
-JESUS CHRIST, you’re right. I haven’t heard him denounce Saville lately either.
-Almost makes you think, doesn’t it?

Inigo Montoya

It was just banter.
Thinks of Richard Keys’ hairy hands, who’s also weird looking.
Oddly enough even though I can't stand Keys, he did predict that LVG would be sacked when he was. I refused to believe it at the time but then..

Inigo Montoya

-What? No. Is he he?
-JESUS CHRIST, you’re right. I haven’t heard him denounce Saville lately either.
"He also looks funny...surefire way of telling you know."

"Yeah you're right, never trust someone who looks like that. I've heard he sacrifices animals too."
"Lock him up!"

Conor

And that = spousal abuse? Brilliant deduction
It can certainly help understand what sort of self control and temper he has, yes. I never said it meant he beat his wife, you were seemingly suggesting that nothing he has ever done could lead us to believe he would be in any way violent.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
I like Troy Deeney.

Surely he'll go down and graft in the Championship for Watford though, can't see any Prem side wanting to buy him.

Wonder Pigeon

'Shelbourne FC Supporter'
Supports
Shelbourne
I like Troy Deeney.

Surely he'll go down and graft in the Championship for Watford though, can't see any Prem side wanting to buy him.
I could see Burnley going for him if the price was right, Deeney-Wood-Barnes is like the Charlton-Law-Best of shithousing strikers.

Inigo Montoya

It can certainly help understand what sort of self control and temper he has, yes. I never said it meant he beat his wife, you were seemingly suggesting that nothing he has ever done could lead us to believe he would be in any way violent.
You lot on here have read an interview and come up with a conclusion that he's Charles Manson. Stick to facts and not inferences

RashyForPM

Obviously it’d be Mogget, our resident Troy Deeney fan, who starts this thread.

Those comments don’t sound great in isolation but they’re clearly meant as a joke.

Kasper

Supports
Hansa Rostock / Bradford City
Why is this a thread?

Melbourne Red

Still hasn't given Rain Dog another chance
Supports
Liverpool
-What? No. Is he he?
:lol:

lsd

The Oracle
Has to be one of the most overrated players in the modern game .

Bar penalties which he just blasts down the middle every time he can't score

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
Obviously it’d be Mogget, our resident Troy Deeney fan, who starts this thread.

Those comments don’t sound great in isolation but they’re clearly meant as a joke.
I've posted about him twice since I've been on this forum. Not sure that's enough to make me a fan.

vidic blood & sand

Smashing items around the house in front of your children is poor. Of course, it may be an iffy turn of phrase to express his disappointment, but always expect the unexpected when it comes to this sort of thing.
Unless it's their music system.

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
You’re an avid Arsenal fan mate. Don’t you lot just love Deeney.
He's become a sort of pantomime villain, I can't speak for all Arsenal fans, but I don't think we genuinely hate him.

In the most recent pre-covid Watford game at the Emirates we were calling him a fat cnut all game. After the game he came over and showed us his abs, at which point we mostly laughed.

SteveW

It's peak 2020 when breaking a couple of items in your house gets extrapolated to domestic abuse. Well done lads :rolleyes:

Tarrou

he's got a bit of the JT's about him with his hard man act on the pitch

but I find he actually comes across quite well in interviews, and I quite like him

RashyForPM

He's become a sort of pantomime villain, I can't speak for all Arsenal fans, but I don't think we genuinely hate him.

In the most recent pre-covid Watford game at the Emirates we were calling him a fat cnut all game. After the game he came over and showed us his abs, at which point we mostly laughed.
:lol: Fair play

Kag

It's peak 2020 when breaking a couple of items in your house gets extrapolated to domestic abuse. Well done lads :rolleyes:
A bit of devil’s advocate here: I deal with lots of child protection issues and one should always expect the unexpected. An admittance (jovially intended or not) that items will be smashed around the house due to feeling down definitely raises a few alarm bells. In my own role I’d be making note of any comment or remark of that nature - it may, one day, support that bigger picture. The OP is getting unreasonable stick in here, although I’d stress that jumping to conclusions is also the wrong thing to do in these instances.

stubie

Comments like those in the opening post are all part of his long term planning. Say a few things out of the ordinary and ensure a media career is guaranteed for another bang average player who uses cliches instead of tactical knowledge.

I could name another 20/30 players like that who have gone that route in the past 20 years

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Deeney was a victim of horrendous domestic abuse as a kid. He talks very openly about it. His teeth are a mess because his dad beat the shit out of him when he tried to protect his mother from a beating. He never fixed them as a reminder of what happened. He is is going to therapy regularly to help deal with it, get over the anger issues that put him in jail and become a better parent to his kids. He comes across as a thoughtful and likeable person. I wouldn’t read much into the quotes in the OP.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
A bit of devil’s advocate here: I deal with lots of child protection issues and one should always expect the unexpected. An admittance (jovially intended or not) that items will be smashed around the house due to feeling down definitely raises a few alarm bells. In my own role I’d be making note of any comment or remark of that nature - it may, one day, support that bigger picture. The OP is getting unreasonable stick in here, although I’d stress that jumping to conclusions is also the wrong thing to do in these instances.
So why are you doing it?

big rons sovereign

Man uses figure of speech and is obviously guilty of domestic abuse.
In that case I suppose the next time I say "I'm gonna jump in the shower" means I'm off to leap around the bathroom, when I say something "scared the shit outta me" means I had to go change my trousers.
Christ.

starman

I am sure in the OPs mind, everyday when he gets back home from training, he pops on his wifebeater and downs a 12 pack of Stella..