Troy Deeney on Arsenal

ThatsGreat

Supports
Arsenal
Watford's level didn't drop after the sending off, if anything it gave them extra motivation to have a go at Arsenal. I think 11 vs 11 we would've had an easier victory.

POF

What's reaching is that no one save yourself will look at the season's end and say "if it hadn't been for deeney's red card against arsenal we'd have gotten top four".
Key incidents in key games in the run in have major impact on the outcome of a season. Momentum is key at this stage of the season. Like when the captain of the favourites for the league slips on his arse against a title rival and costs his team the league.

POF

I understand that, but it was always bound to happen, I mean Arsenal winning away a tough game. We should look and find the blame in our results. Our captain getting sent off for two yellows in 5 minutes or stupid incidents like that are why we are behind this average Arsenal side.
Or the fact that the whole club was a disjointed mess for the first half of the season.

WolfInSharp'sClothing

Supports
Wolves
Feel a bit sorry for him to be fair. He gets sent off, his team lose and his house in Paris burns down all in the same evening.

ArjenIsM3

Watford's level didn't drop after the sending off, if anything it gave them extra motivation to have a go at Arsenal. I think 11 vs 11 we would've had an easier victory.
Come on mate you weren't even in the game when they were playing with 11 men. They were already having a go at you and you couldn't deal with it at all. Then you had all the luck in the world with the goal and red card and scrapped to a 1-0 victory against 10 men. That's alright, we've had lucky wins too, but don't go around spouting shite like this. Makes absolutely no sense.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Easier victory :lol: Your last three away clean sheets in the league have all come in different years. You won because of two errors, not because you were any good.

MagicKarpet

Supports
Tottenham
Always said those Arsenal comments would come back to bite him in the arse, GNev had it correct you can't expect to say things insinuating that you need to 'leave one on them' and not expect refs to pick up on it, it was pretty clear what the game plan was from Watford.

Anyway Arsenal still looked like scared little rabbits even with the extra man which was quite funny.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
While I wouldn't go as far as saying it's never red I think it could or could not be given. Borderline. There's deliberate contact to the guy's face although it's not the strongest contact.

What I really don't get is people talking about an elbow. He doesn't catch him with his elbow at all unless people's elbows are 2-3 inches below their wrist joint at most all of a sudden.

Edit: I suppose any deliberate contact to the face is a red these days so I'd probably say fair enough that it was if I had to say yes or no. I mean if you gently pushed an opponent in the face while having an argument rather than striking him it probably would be. Still stand by it not being an elbow at all though.
Basically exactly the same thing Smalling did to Messi, with far less damage done.

Toreirra is a diving little geebag too. Constantly rolling round on the floor when we played them.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
He knows what he's doing with the arm. Can't see it being overturned, even though often it might only have been a yellow.

MalBot

Supports
Arsenal
Even without the benefit of hindsight his comments were quite bizarre. Only plausible reason you say things like that about another team is when you have a genuine rivalry with them, and you are trying to play mind games with them to get under their skin.

What was he trying to achieve? All he would do is motivate a team who are clearly more skilful than his team when they play each other. In short he negates the one thing his team has the upper hand.

P.s. only in our country would a footballer get praised for saying 'I'm going to whack one of them let's see how they like it'. Many people not even aware that is exactly what he did outside the pitch too.