Television True Detective | Season 2 Spoilers

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
F*ck, nobody ever wants to discuss TD S1 with me. Though it's my own fault for being five years behind the times. :(

lsd

The Oracle
Season one was excellent but the next two seasons were garbage . Has to be said take away Woody and Matthew from the first season and it would have suffered as well

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Season one was excellent but the next two seasons were garbage . Has to be said take away Woody and Matthew from the first season and it would have suffered as well
Season 2 was garbage but season 3 was quite good. Not quite the level of the first six episodes of season 1 but that was all time great TV and Fukunaga is now directing Bond because of it.

lsd

The Oracle
Season 2 was garbage but season 3 was quite good. Not quite the level of the first six episodes of season 1 but that was all time great TV and Fukunaga is now directing Bond because of it.

It tried to be all deep and mysterious just for the sake of it without ever having any meaning to it at all . The creator got lucky with his cast in season one .

After that he clearly has nothing new to offer

Kostur

海尔的老板
I struggle to watch season 3. I very much like Mahershala but the 'now and then' type of shit is just overused and boring at this point.

Roosney

F*ck, nobody ever wants to discuss TD S1 with me. Though it's my own fault for being five years behind the times. :(
I loved it. Watched it twice last winter.

I understand why some were put off by the spaced out stuff but I thought it was in line with the rest of season one.

Roosney

It tried to be all deep and mysterious just for the sake of it without ever having any meaning to it at all . The creator got lucky with his cast in season one .

After that he clearly has nothing new to offer
The killers were cooking and using meth and other mind bending drugs as did Matthew so I have no problem with the paranormal storylines.

arnie_ni

Season 1 has to be up there with best season of any show?

Prison break season 1, GOT season 1 or 4.

None of the wire or sopranos as one season alone jumps out at me though obviously both far better overall

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Does it get any better than this?

No. It does not.

Not in my experience. The best season of anything I've ever watched, and perhaps my favourite character too.

I met a Canadian guy in Bangkok a couple of years back who worked on that production. Some great stories. Apparently McConaughey went DEEP into that character. Messed him up a bit for a while

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
Not in my experience. The best season of anything I've ever watched, and perhaps my favourite character too.

I met a Canadian guy in Bangkok a couple of years back who worked on that production. Some great stories. Apparently McConaughey went DEEP into that character. Messed him up a bit for a while
It definitely shows.

Vidic_In_Moscow

rectum-faced pygmy
Supports
i stink
Just started the first series and just seen that fellas wife. Holy fcuking shit I am speechless. That's all.
3 years later I actually made it past the first episode (after at least two or three times watching it on separate occasions) and I am so glad I've watched the first series over the last week (binged about four episodes today - couldn't stop)! It was a real HBO masterpiece. Seriously top tier stuff. I'm not going to read anything about the future series but really look forward to watching them now.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Yep season 1 is as good as anything gets. Just fecking brilliant. On a par with Chernobyl for brilliant TV.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Has anyone braved a re-watch of season 2? Any better second time around?