Tuanzebe loan watch | Aston Villa 2018-19

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

With Terry's leaving the club he should get more games. They also played first game with 3 CBs.

He also got squad number 4, so maybe this time he will start lot of games.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
Good to see him play at CB. Ideal scenario would be Villa getting promoted and him staying on for another season.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Looked decent enough. Though looks as though he overplayed at the 42 second mark.

Alabaster Codify7

My best mate's a die-hard Villain and he says Axel's been poor, but he does admit he's being played as a FB most of the time if not full time. Which he can tell is not his favoured position; its disappointing this. Last season we send him to Brucey only to find Brucey has a mean, cemented CB pairing meaning Axel gets no game time. He goes back there again in the wake of FKW leaving only to find he's being shunted at RB. Hopeflly he actually gets a run at CB.

Seven Seas Sardines

He's a lone centre-back after Chester got a straight red right now. This probably means 3 games at CB for Tuanzebe, finally will get the chance to nail it down!

Seven Seas Sardines

Looking forward to his three games CB partnering Micah Richards. :lol:
EDIT: Chester got sent off as the last man, he will only be out for one game then?

Just saw his crossing in another game, better than all our full-backs bar maybe Dalot. However, it'd be incredible to see him cement that CB spot with a new manager coming in. I'd be really happy with Alderweireld, Tuanzebe, Bailly, Lindelöf, Smalling as centre-backs next season. If Tuanzebe starts living up to the potential Villa fans talk about, he could form a great partnership with Alderweireld.

Only highlights from the game I could find was his added time assist.

Last edited:

ash_86

Looks like he was very good against Norwich. Terry is helping him plenty

Ace of Spades

Hope he learns a lot and comes back to really play a part in the squad next season. Hopefully, we get a coach who is good with young players as there is some good quality young players coming through the academy.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Looking good. Great to have Terry there mentoring him.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
Hope he learns a lot and comes back to really play a part in the squad next season. Hopefully, we get a coach who is good with young players as there is some good quality young players coming through the academy.
Ideally he'd cement his place in the team, hopefully Villa can get promoted and he stays there for another season.

Ace of Spades

Ideally he'd cement his place in the team, hopefully Villa can get promoted and he stays there for another season.
Sure, that would be a good choice as well, but considering our poor defense, it could be better to just keep him and give him a chance.

deafepl

Haven't had the CB first-team from the academy in a long time, I can feel he'll make it for us.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
What are your thoughts on him @FootballHQ ?
He's improved in last few weeks.

I think if I was to evaluate his game I'd say his physical attributes such as his strength and pace get him out of awkward situations rather than good positioning.

You can say that about a lot of young CBs though....think of Micah Richards when he was coming through at City. Infact he was still trying to do the same 10 years later, shame his knees were shot.:lol:

Web of Bissaka

Thanks.
We knew he's that good on the ball carrying it and good passing from the back, fast and alert, composed when defending and can handle physical tussels/pressures.

His heading is still off, not convincing yet, as does his positioning but he have good recovery runs for that latter issue so not a big problem for now.

EDIT: :drool:Damn it, he's so fun to watch, really want him to make it at United.

Last edited:

Devil81

Mourinho won't play him, he'd rather play one of his overpriced league 1 standard defenders instead.

Devil81

We might have a new manager next season, depending on how badly Joses fecks up
Hopefully, but then will that manager blow a load on defenders and block Axel's route. He's defo no worse than the shower we have currently.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Much better of our two CBs currently, Chester is usually mr consistant but he's been really poor this season, massively out of form.

lex talionis

I'm not sure Mourinho will be here long enough to block Axel's chance to making it with the first team, but it is a legitimate concern.

Red00012

Man of the match even though they lost 2-1 and a striker scored the 2 goals. The mind boggles.

red4ever 79

Watched the match last night. First time I have caught Aston Villa this season. Was massively impressed. The guy is a legit powerhouse. Big, strong and quick. The loan move is certainly helping in his development (better than the situation Perreira has right now) If Mourinho doesnt mess this kid around too much we are looking at a future Manchester United CB for the next decade.

POF

Watched the match last night. First time I have caught Aston Villa this season. Was massively impressed. The guy is a legit powerhouse. Big, strong and quick. The loan move is certainly helping in his development (better than the situation Perreira has right now) If Mourinho doesnt mess this kid around too much we are looking at a future Manchester United CB for the next decade.
Mourinho is a big fan of Tuanzebe (or at least pretended to be when interviewed in his first season at the club). It makes the decision to sign young "development" centre backs rather than an experienced defensive leader all the more baffling.

I haven't seen much of him recently but his ability in the air was his biggest weakness when I've watched him previously. If he can improve that he could be a genuine option for the first team squad.

red4ever 79

Mourinho is a big fan of Tuanzebe (or at least pretended to be when interviewed in his first season at the club). It makes the decision to sign young "development" centre backs rather than an experienced defensive leader all the more baffling.

I haven't seen much of him recently but his ability in the air was his biggest weakness when I've watched him previously. If he can improve that he could be a genuine option for the first team squad.
Fully agree. I was impressed last night. His aerial attacks were much improved, he was challenging at the right time, not letting the striker get in front of him, knowing when to drop off and not go up for the ball. He can only better from getting a season worth of coaching under John Terry in my opinion.

Red00012

Watched him tonight ,1 or 2 defensive mistakes which lead to nothing really , made a good tackle towards the end to stop a clear goal scoring chance as well as another blocked shot he’s well able to bring the ball out of defence and find someone in front of him which is great to see. Hopefully Smith can keep selecting him

Classical Mechanic

Continues to grow now he’s playing a centre back, another solid display. Villa looking like the side that got to the final of the playoffs again. Grealish has finally decided to turn up again.

Seven Seas Sardines

The boy's trending on twitter, here's some reactions to the game from Villa supporters. :drool:

Last edited: