Tuanzebe loan watch | Aston Villa 2018-19

Siddharth

Doing well for Aston Villa is not the same as doing well for United. Just being realistic here. This however is a very good loan move and his development could save a lot of money.

CA_vampire

It's a good learning curve and experience for him. The Championship is a good league to start learning and if he's getting a good run of games then of course it's good for him.
Yes, I agree that it's good for him. What I mean is that even if he is fantastic there, it doesn't mean that he will be a starter for us. Of course, I'd be glad if he succeeds and becomes our main defender. But our fans should not be carried away.

Red_toad

Yes, I agree that it's good for him. What I mean is that even if he is fantastic there, it doesn't mean that he will be a starter for us. Of course, I'd be glad if he succeeds and becomes our main defender. But our fans should not be carried away.
Who's getting carried away? He's a very very good prospect, that's the consensus on here I believe. U

Ace of Spades

Honestly, I am glad that he is on loan and getting valuable experience, instead of wasting his time not even being on the bench if he was here. Glad to hear he is doing well.

In Rainbows

The only criticism he really gets is his aerial ability. Same problem as Bailly except less gung ho in tackle. We need a new manager to integrate our youth as this is the best set of young players we've had in some time.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Some comments from Villa fans on twitter.

Thought Axel Tuanzebe was fantastic at the "stepping into midfield and distributing the ball" role last night.

My Man of the Match.#AVFC
Everyone raving about our attacking players and rightly so, but how good is Tuanzebe, the man is class. Drove from deep with the ball and made countless cutting passes to Jack and John taking multiple players out of the game. A proper ball playing defender. #avfc
Ghazi was class. CHESTER and Tuanzebe class. They were all good #avfc
impressive from the whole team today felt Chester and tuanzebe dealt with the ball in the air a lot better than in the week #avfc
Tuanzebe’s play under Smith vs Bruce is a perfect example of why I’m glad Bruce is gone. With Smith, he’s a ball playing CB. With Bruce, he was mostly a RB & DM. #AVFC
El Ghazi superb, Chester and Tuanzebe solid , Nyland hardworking, Bolasie brilliant, McGinn , Hourihane and Grealish lively , Elmo and Taylor untested #avfc
Now this is enjoyable to watch! Tuanzebe class in the back
#AVFC
Bold part 1: Wonder which team is desperate for ball playing CB

Bold part 2: Sounds very familiar.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Some comments from Villa fans on twitter.
I'm happy he's doing well, rate him higher than TFM, but at the same time they're also praising Chester who has been shite for Hull iirc so that doesn't tell much. Tuanzebe wouldn't get as much playing time here either way so I'm glad that he is where he is.

roonster09

Scout
I'm happy he's doing well, rate him higher than TFM, but at the same time they're also praising Chester who has been shite for Hull iirc so that doesn't tell much. Tuanzebe wouldn't get as much playing time here either way so I'm glad that he is where he is.
James Chester will be 30 in a month and Tuanzebe is 21, there is a big difference. Also this is his first stint as a CB at Villa, previously he was played as RB. Even on Villa forum, they are blaming Bruce for playing him as RB when he is so good as CB.

He won't get much playing time here like you said which is a big shame. He didn't look out of place when he played in few games.

Kostur

海尔的老板
James Chester will be 30 in a month and Tuanzebe is 21, there is a big difference. Also this is his first stint as a CB at Villa, previously he was played as RB. Even on Villa forum, they are blaming Bruce for playing him as RB when he is so good as CB.

He won't get much playing time here like you said which is a big shame. He didn't look out of place when he played in few games.
Yeah what I meant it's just not that much of a barometer, no disrespect towards Axel as he's got all the time in the world to develop and seems to be in the right place, finally a loan where our player seems to be involved a lot. I'm afraid that with the current shambles we're experiencing he'd look well out of place too, which would only hamper his self-belief.

roonster09

Scout
Yeah what I meant it's just not that much of a barometer, no disrespect towards Axel as he's got all the time in the world to develop and seems to be in the right place, finally a loan where our player seems to be involved a lot. I'm afraid that with the current shambles we're experiencing he'd look well out of place too, which would only hamper his self-belief.
Yeah, that's a good point. Good that he isn't involved in the toxic atmosphere. More than game time I'm happy that Villa fans are praising his ball playing abilities.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
We didn't need to spend the money to bring in Lindelof when we had him who I believe is better than the Swede.

When he made his debut against Arsenal at the Emirates he played very well against one of the best players in the league in Sanchez. It's a pity we had the wrong manager in charge or else I believe he would've played alot of games in our first team by now and saved us £35m.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
We didn't need to spend the money to bring in Lindelof when we had him who I believe is better than the Swede.

When he made his debut against Arsenal at the Emirates he played very well against one of the best players in the league in Sanchez. It's a pity we had the wrong manager in charge or else I believe he would've played alot of games in our first team by now and saved us £35m.
I agree. When Tuanzebe is ready in a year or two, he will be better than Lindelof is in 5 years. Just a year or so of experience to show their quality between them when he arrived, seems pointless and if anything we could have signed an older more trustworthy defender.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots

Agreed. He's a very talented defender and I personally think he possibly could have been our Joe Gomez if we placed our trust in him.

haram

Or you know, we could have two young talented defenders in Tuanzebe and Lindelof.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Agreed. He's a very talented defender and I personally think he possibly could have been our Joe Gomez if we placed our trust in him.
I think he will have a similar impact to the young Liverpool defender once he gets a chance under a coach like Howe or Poch.

haram

It helps Gomez that he plays next to Van Dijk. How does Tuanzebe react to playing at LCB next to Smalling?

roonster09

Scout
It helps Gomez that he plays next to Van Dijk. How does Tuanzebe react to playing at LCB next to Smalling?
It helps that Gomez plays for Klopp who trusts his players, not someone like Jose. If Jose was his manager he would have been loaned out to Championship team.

ErranMorad

From the little I have seen, he is our Joe Gomez. Needs a manager to trust him. Think he is doing very well for Villa. I don't get to watch their games, but always check the line-ups and he is always starting at CB for them.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Gomez was impressing before Liverpool signed VVD. He was playing extremely well under Rodgers at fullback before he suffered a long term injury.

haram

Gomez was impressing before Liverpool signed VVD. He was playing extremely well under Rodgers at fullback before he suffered a long term injury.
So you think Tuanzebe would be just fine playing at LCB with Smalling? He isn't going to be playing on the right. It's very easy just to claim a academy product will be better than what we have.

Of course it helps, but it shouldn't be a barrier to the development of what is a clearly gifted player. Why is the development of a McTominay prioritised, why are we splashing £30+m on average CB when we have a gifted young CB who could have done with some games here and there? Gomez has played well for England without needing Van Dijk (his performance v Neymar against Brazil was eye-catching and he's now beginning to become a first choice for NT). Tuanzebe whenever I saw him play for us, looked the part - no guarantee he would still be good enough, but generally if you're showing you're adept enough you should be rewarded with more game time. He even had some sublime performances at CDM.
What does McTominay have to do with Tuanzebe? Why are we investing in young talent? When we don't, the manager is crucified for only buying older players. England were very defensive against Brazil. Tuanzebe was playing at RB for us as far as I remember.

I like Tuanzebe. We dont have to knock Lindelof though. It's good that we have both. A problem when SAF retired was that there was not enough young players to step in when the older lot moved on.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
So you think Tuanzebe would be just fine playing at LCB with Smalling? He isn't going to be playing on the right. It's very easy just to claim a academy product will be better than what we have.
He will do just fine playing next to whichever CB he's paired with. He's faster than Lindelof and is physically stronger than the Swede. He's already shown his undoubted potential on his debut against Arsenal against one of the most dangerous players in the league. Tell me what Lindelof offers that Tuanzebe doesn't?

It's pretty clear to me that he should've been given opportunities in the first 11 but unfortunately our manager was hell bent on making Benfica £35m richer.

haram

He will do just fine playing next to whichever CB he's paired with. He's faster than Lindelof and is physically stronger than the Swede. He's already shown his undoubted potential on his debut against Arsenal against one of the most dangerous players in the league. Tell me what Lindelof offers that Tuanzebe doesn't?

It's pretty clear to me that he should've been given opportunities in the first 11 but unfortunately our manager was hell bent on making Benfica £35m richer.
He is playing in the Championship. You are just hopeful he will play well on the left next to Smalling. Yeah okay, I love how people bash Jose for signing younger players but God forbid he signs an experienced one either, we have Tuanzebe!

Adnan

Talent Spotter
He is playing in the Championship. You are just hopeful he will play well on the left next to Smalling. Yeah okay, I love how people bash Jose for signing younger players but God forbid he signs an experienced one either, we have Tuanzebe!
Jose bashing? If he had signed a experienced CB then I would've understood. But fecking Lindelof? Who I watched play for Benfica and never thought he was good enough for us.

And Jose deserves everything he gets with his shitty football and negative goal difference.

haram

Jose bashing? If he had signed a experienced CB then I would've understood. But fecking Lindelof? Who I watched play for Benfica and never thought he was good enough for us.

And Jose deserves everything he gets with his shitty football and negative goal difference.
He signs younger players. Why is he signing younger players?! He targets more experienced players. Why is he trying to sign experienced players?!

Adnan

Talent Spotter
He signs younger players. Why is he signing younger players?! He targets more experienced players. Why is he trying to sign experienced players?!
What on earth are you talking about?:lol:

What other people say on this forum is their opnion and you should address them directly not start ranting to me.

I've said ever since we wasted money on Lindelof that Tuanzebe was the better player. The only reason he's playing in the championship is due to Mourinho. Tuanzebe is just as good on the ball, is much stronger and quicker than the Swede.

Bwuk

Really think if possible we should bring him back in January and try to ship out Jones or Rojo.

Give him a run - can he do any worse than what we have?

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Really think if possible we should bring him back in January and try to ship out Jones or Rojo.

Give him a run - can he do any worse than what we have?
Think he'd do really well if we brought him back but under the current manager I can't see it happening. He's best of at Villa under John Terry until the summer.

Trizy

Couldn't be worse than Jones. Bring him back and feck Jones out the door.

I'm sure if he performs as well as the above Villa comments then some PL team might chance their arm with him next season.

ash_86

Let the kid get more experience at Villa. No point in brining him now and having him in bench over McTomney.

Classical Mechanic

Definitely don't bring him back to this dysfunctional side. Villa have arguably the best squad in The Championship and are on the ascent now Bruce has gone. They should be challenging for promotion.

haram

What on earth are you talking about?:lol:

What other people say on this forum is their opnion and you should address them directly not start ranting to me.

I've said ever since we wasted money on Lindelof that Tuanzebe was the better player. The only reason he's playing in the championship is due to Mourinho. Tuanzebe is just as good on the ball, is much stronger and quicker than the Swede.
So no other PL team wanted him on loan? He is in the Championship because he has things to learn. Again, we have no idea how he would handle playing at LCB. I rate Tuanzebe but I rate Lindelof as well.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
So no other PL team wanted him on loan? He is in the Championship because he has things to learn. Again, we have no idea how he would handle playing at LCB. I rate Tuanzebe but I rate Lindelof as well.
The championship is probably a tougher league than the Portuguese league minus the big 3. Can't remember anyone wanting Lindelof either when he was being chased by us.

Tuanzebe along with Bailly could be a promising pairing. Both have fantastic pace, good on the ball and are physically very strong.

I'm very confident that before long many will agree that Tuanzebe is a bigger talent than Lindelof.

haram

The championship is probably a tougher league than the Portuguese league minus the big 3. Can't remember anyone wanting Lindelof either when he was being chased by us.

Tuanzebe along with Bailly could be a promising pairing. Both have fantastic pace, good on the ball and are physically very strong.

I'm very confident that before long many will agree that Tuanzebe is a bigger talent than Lindelof.
Why dont you understand that its good we have both?