Tuanzebe loan watch | Aston Villa 2018-19

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
They won 3-1 and scored 2 in time added, so I'm guessing they were attacking a fair amount of the time.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Would he remain at Villa if they got promoted?
Would think so if we can get a deal. I know Jose called him a bit of a Rolls Royce but he doesn't show real leadership and we need a leader

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
The Mother follows Walsall, probably go to as many games home and away in a regular season as I do with Villa.

Axel cam on for Kortney Hause so he slotted straight back in as CB anyway for those who want to know.

Mickson

He was great yesterday. 91 % pass accuracy, won tackles, headers, didn't foul once (Rio-esque). Much pressure on him due to Mings being sent off in the first half and he had to play with Jedinak (who is a midfielder, and out of his depth this season) but he managed to hold it together. The things I'm worried about with Tuanzebe is that 1) quite injury prone and 2) he can and should work on his heading. I mean, it's not that Lindelof is good in the air but I think Axel can improve a lot in that aspect. Otherwise, he has it all to succeed at United imo. I believe he has the highest level in him of all our defenders right now. He's basically Lindelof but faster and stronger.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Is he really going to get ahead of even Jones in the pecking order when he keeps getting contract extensions?

I can see him staying here on loan if we go up, clearly there's trust between the two clubs given he was injured a lot in 17-18 and still came back this season.

If we don't go up then he'll probably go on loan to another prem club like Fosu-Mensah did. He was being hyped up loads 18 months ago so last two loans have been a bit of a reality check for him so need to wait until Axel has that exposure himself.

I don't really understand Man. United and their CB planning when you keep handing Jones and also Rojo frequent contract renewals and don't actually sell them but keep them warming the bench on rare occasions they're actually fit.

In Rainbows

From Villatalk

Seems to be playing as if he hasn't missed any games at all! Will be crucial, especially against Bristol City with Mings' suspension.
I'm so happy he's back. The bloke is just fantastic.
Hause has filled in very well, but I think our best team would definitely have Tuanzebe in as CB.
What a class act he is!! His come back came in the precise right time. Like he was never out, or even that he came back even better, even more assured and calm. Did he do everything right today? Can't remember a fault or a bad pass and saved us several times.
He's come back and slotted straight back in, such a quality defender. So confident on the ball, great in the air, quick, reads the game well, strong mentally and physically. Big future ahead of him and hopefully with us.
Agree with this apart from the great in the air bit, only thing that lets him down for me

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
https://www.reddit.com/r/avfc/comments/bc0bdi/manchester_united_fan_here/

United fan got the opinion of a couple of Villa fans on Tuanzebe, general gist is that he's got potential but isn't ready for United yet and another loan to a lower PL or Championship team would serve him well. I'm inclined to agree, he needs as much game time and he isn't going to get it here just yet, another season out on loan won't hurt.

Zlatattack

I certainly hope we don't let this young man go. He should be in our squad next season fighting for 4th choice spot and getting regular starts in the cup games. Next season I hope to see New CB, Lindelof, Smalling, Taunzebe, one of the other three.

-Supreme-

Give this kid a place in the squad next season instead of dross like Rojo and Jones.
I'm hoping we look to sell 2 of Rojo, Bailey or Jones this summer, they should generate around £50m fees combined that will help us buy a first team CB.

SAFMUTD

I dont think him returning is a great option right now. If we sign a centerback this summer, which I think we will, he will be CB number 5 option at best after the new signing, Lindelof, Smalling and Jones. Considering we will get rid of Bailly and Rojo.

How many games would he get? Slim to none, we should loan him preferably to a bundesliga club or sell him with a buyback clause.

Not many teams will take a youngster on loan and give him minutes to develop for another team, but if we sell him with a buyback clause I think its a great oportunity. That way the other team will play him since he’s part of their squad now and if he’s good enough we can buy him back for a relatively small fee.

izec

Our CB planning is just bad. Jones, Bailly and Rojo needed/need to go. Keep Smalling/Lindelöf/Tuanzebe + another top CB for next season. The 3 aforementioned guys are not and never will be good enough for us, they all got years and plenty of time to prove it and have let us down time and time again with brainfarts and injuries all over the place. Smalling and Lindelöf are more reliable, even if they both have their issues as well.

hocane

He went out injured once again after just returning from a long term injury.

No doubt about his talent, but Tuanzebe sadly looks too injury prone.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
He'll be fine for the play offs.

Many players pick up knocks when they start playing again after 4-5 months out.

hocane

Not in their squad today.

This is the problem with him as i see it, he's got the talent, but he is very injury prone.

prateik

Villa are pretty much guaranteed a 4th/5th place finish..
Playoffs opposition fixed too (WBA).

No point risking anyone with even a slight knock. Both teams will probably take it easy till the playoff matches.

SATA

I hope Ole rates him and gives him a chance in preseason. Jose rates him highly as well. Fosu Mensah probably might be move on, he can't keep going on loan and then achieving almost nothing at his loanee club

ArjenIsM3

Good heading ability
Good passing ability
Good positioning
Likes to drive forward

One of the best players in a Villa shirt once again.

R'hllor

Give him new contract and dont let him even near to those bunch of Caustics. Like he stands a chance when we extending contracts to Smalling and Jones etc.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
I hope Ole rates him and gives him a chance in preseason. Jose rates him highly as well. Fosu Mensah probably might be move on, he can't keep going on loan and then achieving almost nothing at his loanee club
Jose rated him but bought Lindelof and didnt play him

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
We gave Jones a new contract when we have this lad on the books

Red_toad

Give him new contract and dont let him even near to those bunch of Caustics. Like he stands a chance when we extending contracts to Smalling and Jones etc.
Ole will give chances and those that take them will earn a starting berth. Tuanzebe hasn’t been available to him so how on earth can you predict what standing in the team he’s going to earn.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Wait .. did he just pass the ball out of the back and give it one of his own team? Short and long?
:eek:
Like that, did ya?

Well have a look at this, against the best team in that league.

Only issue is you'd have to have some fecking movement in front of him, in order for him to pass it forward.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Should stay in the squad. Tuanzebe + Lindelof + Jones (simply because we renewed with him and he's not a bad option as a squad player) + 1 CB to hire

The rest of the defender should be sold / offered / etc.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Should stay in the squad. Tuanzebe + Lindelof + Jones (simply because we renewed with him and he's not a bad option as a squad player) + 1 CB to hire

The rest of the defender should be sold / offered / etc.
I'd rather keep Smalling than Jones. Still find it mad we gave him a new deal.