Tuanzebe loan watch | Aston Villa 2018-19

Affirmation

That was his man. 1-0 Dawson
It was though the overall positioning from the Aston Villa players was not great either. He should of tracked the eventual goalscorer better but he was also completely blocked off by his own player.

settembrini

Not having a great game tonight. Very sloppy pass almost got his team in trouble earlier and just lost his man at a corner for West Brom to score.

ArjenIsM3

Not having a great game tonight. Very sloppy pass almost got his team in trouble earlier and just lost his man at a corner for West Brom to score.
Was solid untill that sloppy pass really. Don't think he could have done much about that goal though

Not going to pretend I've watched him at all this season but I hope he's better than this game is showing him to be. He's lost out there.

redsunited

Not going to pretend I've watched him at all this season but I hope he's better than this game is showing him to be. He's lost out there.
I too think the same. We would be lucky if Villa got promoted and he gets decent premier league game time to develop. His progress will only be wasted at United next season. More minutes he gets, he will be better. I remember how many here went hyperbole over Luke Shaw(who had PL experience) before we signed that he is already better than Evra.

Last edited:

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
He's looked good from what I've seen.

I'd assume hes generally been better this season though - from what I've read and some highlights.

Mylock

He should have tracked his man for the goal, but apart from that he looks class and is suited to playing a high line. He will makes mistakes like any young centre half but won't make as much as the donkeys we have at present.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne

Phil Jones got 15 starts in the prem this season. If Tuanzebe takes those minutes off him, will be more than happy next season.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
In fairness that was a huge pressure game against a baying crowd away from home. All the Villa side started nervously and only got going close to extra time.

Moiraine

And I have noticed that once the ball moves to the middle and he was marking someone close to the flanks, he just jogs back very casually. Doesn't run back at all. It looks very lethargic to be honest, there is no urgency to recover fill in the space. I am not really convinced. We already have too many "Pretenders" in this team.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Not a fan of his technical ability.He needs to hoof it up field aimlessly more often.
Yeah, that did worry me. There was a distinct lack of turning in circles with the ball, only to eventually pass it back to the keeper to hoof up field too.

settembrini

Should be noted that that video is not a full match compilation. Tuanzebe didn't have a very good game yesterday and every instance of him being at fault (like for the goal) or losing possession due to overrunning the ball or poor passing has been edited out.

KristianMackle

TFM and Tuanzebe should feature more in the team next year. Anything to keep OGS from ever playing McTominay at centre back. That hurts my brains because Scott is so much better in the middle.