Tuanzebe signed new contract until 2022 with option to extend for 1 year

Red_toad

Very happy he’s extended his deal. Now he needs to earn a starting spot and be given the opportunity to do so by Ole. I’d rather he got the minutes given to Rojo & Jones. He has all the requirements to be a very very good player. Time will tell if he can achieve his potential.

GJNJ

Good news. If he's 5th choice let him go out on loan or preferably stay and give him some games.

Camilo

We've yet to see how shit he is because he's hardly played! Perfect time for the club to get him signed up! Best defender in the squad!

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I swear to god if Jones or Rojo play ahead of him. Give him a bloody chance.

AFC NimbleThumb

No point signing him then signing a maguire type for £70mil; now we’ve sorted the RB role & hopefully Shaw stays fit - I’d be inclined to give him some game time.

We need to invest in the areas that win you games.

Craig Ward

1st contract extension I;ve been happy with for some time!

great news. young, hungry, wants to play and wants to impress.

I'd love to see him play ahead of Jones/Rojo/Bailly

Eric's Seagull

Great news that he signed. Hoping he gets plenty of minutes and we start to see how well he plays in the Premiership. Really looking forward to seeing how his season goes.

RkkMan

No point signing him then signing a maguire type for £70mil; now we’ve sorted the RB role & hopefully Shaw stays fit - I’d be inclined to give him some game time.

We need to invest in the areas that win you games.
Attack wins you games defence wins you titles and remember we conceded FIFTY FOUR PL GOALS
I like Tuanzebe but pinning our hopes on him to solve our defensive woes off the back of a decent season in the Championship would be incredibly naive

davidmichael

If we sign Maguire I’d personally have Tuanzebe as main back up to Maguire and Lindelof as he’s not only very good on the ball but very quick which is the main flaw in both Lindelof and Maguire’s game, I think Tuanzebe would be a great long term partner to both players.

AFC NimbleThumb

Attack wins you games defence wins you titles and remember we conceded FIFTY FOUR PL GOALS
I like Tuanzebe but pinning our hopes on him to solve our defensive woes off the back of a decent season in the Championship would be incredibly naive
Thanks for the cliche but I think you’ve got me wrong.

I’m not pinning my hopes on him.

We aren’t winning the league with a £70mil Maguire either, it’s a misallocation of funds to spend £70mil.

Let’s use Klopp [the guy you’d think was the second coming of jesus the way people act after doing a modern era Rafa]. Firmino > Mane > Salah > van Dijk > Alisson ; all in that order & look at the prices.

We can’t even ‘win games’ as your cliches starts with so why are we trying to win a league.

We need to consistently be a threat before we aim to dominate an entire season.

I’d use this season as an opportunity to test players like Tuanzabe whilst exciting from the front & build backwards; we have LOADS of defenders [most who i feel aren’t good enough] but we lack creative midfielders & cut-throat attackers.

£70mil signings should be the last thing we do for a few seasons.

Red_Aaron

Good news overall, got great potential and had all the tools to be a proper player

However anyone thinking he can play regularly for us now is mistaken. I watched a lot of villa last season and he was a worldie one minute and a donkey the next. Another season at villa in the prem would do him the world of good, he's not ready yet imho

ColvaleGoa

Send him to Villa for a proper season in PL. Will only come back stronger and better experienced.

OldTrevil

Great news. I have a feeling he'll be in starting XI sooner rather than later. He's quality.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
If we are to send him on loan it should be a Premier League team. If he does as well as he did last year then he's ready imo.

Jacob

Genuinely think he should start ahead of Smalling alongside Lindelöf.

AWB-Lindelöf-Tuanzebe-Shaw

carpy

Puff the magic dragon
Don't think there's any point in sending Axel back to Villa on loan now. They're about to sign their third central defender of the transfer window.

tony54

I'm pleased he's back in the squad. But I see this as a sign that we are not or never were going to buy another centre back/Defender unless at a bargain price. I can understand the logic.

Eric's Seagull

Glad he s
Very impressive stats. Thanks for sharing.

Extremely happy he signed a new deal, although I think we should have to tried to get it for a year longer. But never mind the most important thing is that he signed. Am looking forward to seeing get a fair few minutes next season:):devil:

Can7onA

He needs to stay here this year and be on the edge of the first team as first back up if you like (certainly over Jones)

His year in the Championship will have done him the world of good, hard bastards down there.

Pughnichi

Is it only us that seem to celebrate “with the option to extend for a year” like we’ve negotiated a brilliant deal

Glad he’s signed though. Hoping he can make an impression this season. Equally happy to see him have a full season and plenty of games at villa...assuming we sign a CB

Eric's Seagull

He needs to stay here this year and be on the edge of the first team as first back up if you like (certainly over Jones)

His year in the Championship will have done him the world of good, hard bastards down there.
Agree with your all your post. What I would add as I would take him over Rojo as well as Jones, as Rojo worse has injury record than Jones.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Is it only us that seem to celebrate “with the option to extend for a year” like we’ve negotiated a brilliant deal

Glad he’s signed though. Hoping he can make an impression this season. Equally happy to see him have a full season and plenty of games at villa...assuming we sign a CB
Who celebrated that clause?