Tuanzebe's injury ravaged season

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
It was so promising seeing him get ahead in the cue to third choice during pre-season and many were expecting him to compliment Maguire's attributes well, potentially forming a partnership.

Suffered an early hip injury and the last thing that's been said by Ole is that he's out until September. It's not even specified what kind of injury he has - not listed on PhysioRoom. After the hip injury (19th of October - 17th of November), Transfermarkt lists a hamstring injury (December 18th - February 27th). Does anyone know what injury he's got now, if this is chronic or just bad luck.

Gutted for the lad - featured 10 times this season, only 701 minute, whereas for Villa the previous season he featured 31 times (2664 minutes).

Hope next season will be his debut season in earnest.

AneRu

It's been a frustrating season for him and it could be a missed opportunity. We sure could have done with him laying a claim for Lindelof's role given that he is faster than both Maguire and Lindelof. We will probably sign another CB and he will move further down the packing order, such a shame.

Lee565

Have to think next season is make or break for him, think considering his career has stalled this past season due to injuries, maybe it would be best for him to go back out on loan with guaranteed first team football.

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
Have to think next season is make or break for him, think considering his career has stalled this past season due to injuries, maybe it would be best for him to go back out on loan with guaranteed first team football.
If he goes out on loan then that's him done at United

0le

The lad has been desperately unlucky. I also find it is very strange how we have not had much news about what type of injury he has.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Huge missed opportunity I feel. And if the talk of a CB is true, he might be 4th choice at best next season.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Is he actually that good to replace one of our starting CBs? How was his spell at Villa?
He genuinely is a very talented prospect, pace, ball playing, composure, the lad does have a bit of everything. I agree with those above though, he simply has to get an injury-free season and get some proper football in his legs.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
There’s a spot for him if he can stay fit. I don’t think we’ll sign a centre half this summer.

jamesjimmybyrondean

He genuinely is a very talented prospect, pace, ball playing, composure, the lad does have a bit of everything. I agree with those above though, he simply has to get an injury-free season and get some proper football in his legs.
If that's the case then I don't think we would be spending much at all if we were to get a CB.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
There’s a spot for him if he can stay fit. I don’t think we’ll sign a centre half this summer.
Would be quite reckless to go into next season with only Tuanzebe and Bailly as backups (given their availability this season). Perfect scenario for me is buy a partner for Maguire and have Lindelof and Tuanzebe as competition - sell the rest.

Seeing Tuanzebe promoted to third choice last August was maybe one of my favourite moments under Ole, signs of progressive thinking and brave decisions. Really hope this is not a chronic thing with him, but I'm surprised why we don't get a clearer picture of what's going on.

Bwuk

Wouldn’t be surprised if we try to offer him to Villa as part of a Grealish deal.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Following the tradition of recent centre backs here with Jones, Rojo and Bailly unfortunately.

Not seen it mentioned anywhere, but I'm sure they said Maguire is the first United centre back to start all 38 league games is 25 or so years!

Robertd0803

Sucks that he missed the season pretty much. I thought him and Maguire would have been our first choice at the back this season.

If he is due to miss the start of next season as well then its going to be hard to cement being first choice.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Would be quite reckless to go into next season with only Tuanzebe and Bailly as backups (given their availability this season). Perfect scenario for me is buy a partner for Maguire and have Lindelof and Tuanzebe as competition - sell the rest.

Seeing Tuanzebe promoted to third choice last August was maybe one of my favourite moments under Ole, signs of progressive thinking and brave decisions. Really hope this is not a chronic thing with him, but I'm surprised why we don't get a clearer picture of what's going on.
I think Jones, Smalling and Rojo are all leaving, so it might not be a good idea to not sign one. I just don’t see us pursuing anybody seriously enough.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Following the tradition of recent centre backs here with Jones, Rojo and Bailly unfortunately.

Not seen it mentioned anywhere, but I'm sure they said Maguire is the first United centre back to start all 38 league games is 25 or so years!
Wow. He played 52 games this season (so far) 38 Prem, 5 FA Cup, 6 Europa and 3 EFL Cup.

He was injured all the time at Villa too.
I thought that was the season before last - and then he had a pretty clear run didn't he (18-19)?

acnumber9

Wow. He played 52 games this season (so far) 38 Prem, 5 FA Cup, 6 Europa and 3 EFL Cup.

I thought that was the season before last - and then he had a pretty clear run didn't he (18-19)?
He started 25 league games. The best he’s managed to date but still injury ravaged.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
He started 25 league games. The best he’s managed to date but still injury ravaged.
I thought it was because he wasn't first choice the whole season. But then I see he was out with a broken metatarsal for 3 months during that season.

jamesjimmybyrondean

I can definitely see Ole giving him one more chance next season to see if he can cement a place in the starting 11. Because of this we wouldn't sign be signing a starting CB that can hamper that idea

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Is he actually that good to replace one of our starting CBs? How was his spell at Villa?
I watched some of his games at Villa and of course the final game to decide Villa's promotion was one of them. He's done well for them but Mings looked like the better player. He's just not commanding as a centre back but has good composure and always looking for forward passes. He's not very good with his heading ability. I had high hope in him before this season but just like Evans & Brown, players cannot be developed properly if they keep getting injured, now I have less hope to believe in him. Time will tell.

This season he earn his spot as CB against Newcastle, did well I thought, he also played well against Arsenal as left back and got selected in XI against Liverpool in back three but got injured in warm up and the rest is just him spending times with physio. It looks promising until that Liverpool game day.

R'hllor

Still have hope in him, if they didnt go full muppet and gave Jones new contract, he could slot in instead, both on the pitch and on treatment table, on lower wages aswell.

quirkey

Still have hope in him, if they didnt go full muppet and gave Jones new contract, he could slot in instead, both on the pitch and on treatment table, on lower wages aswell.
Jones will be gone this summer.

romufc

I think this was the season ole was handing out chances to every player. Tuanzebe would have been that player who got a chance to prove himself. Unfortunately injuries have cost him, if Manutd buy another CB it could cost him his Manutd career.

I do not think Ole can take more risks on players next season, he should by now know who he can trust and who he cannot.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
He is a crock. Let's get rid of him before everyone notices

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Annoying that the media have pressed to find out exactly what kind of injury it is, couldn't go a week without them asking about Pogba when he was injured

Alas seems the hype about him being a future captain seems a little silly now

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Probably drops down to fifth choice in the summer, with either a new signing coming in or Smalling coming back.

I'd loan him out to a club where we can trust him to play the bulk of the games and get injury free. He's not going to get the opportunity at United, unless we are given a soft CL group. He's a bit overrated on here and still unproven really.

Superunknown

He is a crock. Let's get rid of him before everyone notices
I'm nervous as hell about keeping a player with a questionable injury record. Phil Jones has taught me a lot!

This all hinges on our Summer business. If we don't manage to get a CB in this window, then potentially that gives Tuanzebe a chance for next season. If he's getting injury problems again and isn't able to make an impact, then we should be looking elsewhere at that point.

Dante

Average bang
I'm nervous as hell about keeping a player with a questionable injury record. Phil Jones has taught me a lot!

This all hinges on our Summer business. If we don't manage to get a CB in this window, then potentially that gives Tuanzebe a chance for next season. If he's getting injury problems again and isn't able to make an impact, then we should be looking elsewhere at that point.
Phil Jones is different. He's had repeated soft tissue injuries in different parts of the body. Basically, his muscles and ligaments aren't of the type that can take the strains of professional football.

Tuanzebe, on the other hand, has had one major injury and one compensatory injury (to his right hamstring and then his right hip). There's nothing yet to suggest that his body's soft tissue is inherently weak. The evidence so far only suggests that he was unlucky once and then followed it up by rushing back too quickly.

Superunknown

Phil Jones is different. He's had repeated soft tissue injuries in different parts of the body. Basically, his muscles and ligaments aren't of the type that can take the strains of professional football.

Tuanzebe, on the other hand, has had one major injury and one compensatory injury (to his right hamstring and then his right hip). There's nothing yet to suggest that his body tissue is inherently too weak. The evidence so far only suggests that he was unlucky once and then followed it up by rushing back too quickly.
Thanks for the info. Fair enough, it could just be terrible luck that he's had. Hopefully he has a chance this season to do something and maybe get a run of games. I'm reluctant to move on players if we're not going to be adding quality into that position and I imagine that we will need a backup options in numerous areas. So, let's see how the next season goes. It would be a win for everyone if Axel stayed fit, got a run of games and impressed in those performances.

Obviously this gets more complicated if we suddenly add an extra CB or two in this window. We'll see how things go.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Big season coming up for him. If he spends half the season or more injured again I say we just get rid. Young talented English CB would fetch at least £20m I reckon.