Tuchel and Klopp on Rangnick

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Klopp
"He is highly regarded with the coaches. Where he has been he has done incredible jobs. He started as a young man at Stuttgart and then made his way up. I faced him when I was a young coach. He might have forgot that, but he called me a lot at Mainz.”

“It’s a bit tricky, we usually don’t talk until they are confirmed.

"It’s obviously a really experienced manager, built famously two clubs from nowhere to proper forces in Germany. The first concern is always a coach and that is what he is. United will be organised.
Tuchel
He helped me a lot because he was my coach and then one of the main figures to convince me to try coaching. He was a huge influence on all of us at this time because he showed us it's not important to follow people to the toilet in games, people felt defenders followed the strikers in games.

Before I get carried away and talk too much, he isn't appointed yet. So let's respect everybody.
So he taught Tuchel not to be a creepy voyeur apparently.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Ralf Rangcafe

Hard to keep track of what content is discussed in which thread. Anyways good to see lot of positive threads, at least until Sunday.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
So he taught Tuchel not to be a creepy voyeur apparently.
It was just a popular saying, that a defender should mark his striker closely and follow him everywhere, even to the toilet. Tuchel refers to the change from man-marking to zonal marking here, that Rangnick advocated.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
It was just a popular saying, that a defender should mark his striker closely and follow him everywhere, even to the toilet. Tuchel refers to the change from man-marking to zonal marking here, that Rangnick advocated.
Cheers for the clarification. Reads a bit weird when transcribed like that. Anyways they obviously hold him in very high regard which is a good sign. Tuchel in particular owes his career in coaching largely to Ralf.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Ralf Rangcafe

Hard to keep track of what content is discussed in which thread. Anyways good to see lot of positive threads, at least until Sunday.
Definitely held in high regard. Just hope he isn't too successful though. Clearly you'll all be living in Ralf's Ranganation. :lol: :p

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Feck you.

You didn't have to go and hire our coach's daddy. The stench of toxic masculinity is strong here.

GMok

Supports
ATK Mohun Bagan FC
IIRC Rangnick had no direct influence on Klopp, i.e. Klopp is not his direct disciple. Klopp's guide was Wolfgang Frank, who was his manager at Mainz. Also, Klopp admits he learnt a lot from Arrigo Sacchi's methods. But Klopp had a pretty dismal head-to-head record against Rangnick, 2 wins in 13 matches.

Reactions: Invictus

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
IIRC Rangnick had no direct influence on Klopp, i.e. Klopp is not his direct disciple. Klopp's guide was Wolfgang Frank, who was his manager at Mainz. Also, Klopp admits he learnt a lot from Arrigo Sacchi's methods. But Klopp had a pretty dismal head-to-head record against Rangnick, 2 wins in 13 matches.
Right. Wolfgang Frank was more or less part of the same group of coaches as Rangnick, that often met and discussed how to coach the game. Rangnick might be the most prominent of that generation and has had the most direct influence, but in a way he is more Klopp's "uncle" than his "father" like he is for Tuchel.

But as Klopp mentioned the two of them were regularly speaking throughout his first (or some of his first, not sure) seasons coaching in Mainz.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
Cheers for the clarification. Reads a bit weird when transcribed like that. Anyways they obviously hold him in very high regard which is a good sign. Tuchel in particular owes his career in coaching largely to Ralf.
The quote you used is really weird because it omits what he said in his presser today that defenders always followed the strikers and Ralf taught them about zone defending, then he made the comment about getting carried away with commenting too much because he has not been appointed yet and that is not fair to Ralf or the club he is currently with.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
The quote you used is really weird because it omits what he said in his presser today that defenders always followed the strikers and Ralf taught them about zone defending, then he made the comment about getting carried away with commenting too much because he has not been appointed yet and that is not fair to Ralf or the club he is currently with.
I just googled Tuchel press conference and used the first link that came up. Some site called football.london iirc

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
Let’s hope the Rangnick effect works tomorrow. Just knowing he’s around hopefully gives united some extra motivation for the players to show what they can do.