Tuchel turns down Bayern| German media speculating about PSG/Arsenal

Kapardin

Already said Jardim hasn't the profile to manage United, but it has nothing to do with being naive or not winning in Europe with Monaco, its just the fact United is a final product club with loads of financial resources, if someone doesn't deliver after huge investments just imagine the meltdown here.
I would agree with this if it were Poch and Sarri who haven't won anything --- Poch should have won atleast the domestic cups with the squad he has built, as Spurs are comfortably in the Top 4 under him. But Tuchel and Jardim IMO are a level above that. Can't underestimate the good work Jardim has done with Monaco, I think winning Ligue 1 and adapting his style from a previously pragmatic one to the swashbuckling attack we saw last season shows a manager with the ability to adapt and cope. Even now, he is maintaining Monaco in a good position, which is commendable.

Tuchel I feel is not as good as Jardim, maybe he comes across as a bit naive at times, but still is good enough for a Top 4 club. Overall, if Jose leaves, I would absolutely give Jardim a chance. He would adapt his style to suit the players and get the best out of them, and he is shrewd enough to adapt to the demands of the club as well. But I am not Jose out actually, I hope he stays quite awhile.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Already said Jardim hasn't the profile to manage United, but it has nothing to do with being naive or not winning in Europe with Monaco, its just the fact United is a final product club with loads of financial resources, if someone doesn't deliver after huge investments just imagine the meltdown here.
For me they all are ready for next step.

Varun

Staff
You're too late to the party. :D
This the post in question?
Till now I haven't seen anything particular from both in Europe to suggest that they can put a top class tactical performance against a superior tactical team. I know Jardim reached semi-final last season, but his team got schooled but the first superior tactical team that played tight and tactically as Juve. They defeated City who were far more naive than them at this point.

I think Poch has already moved several steps forward regarding this in his last 2 years. He still got some strange mistakes but overall he can put a masterclass in these big games, something I yet to see with both Jardim and Tuchel. Not saying that they can't do it in a future, but I haven't seen anything to prove otherwise till now. They will need to prove it.
You haven't seen enough from these 2 in Europe to suggest they can hack it(even though one of them was in the CL SFs last season) but Poch who's done feck all in Europe getting knocked out by Gent of all teams last season has already moved several steps ahead? Based on what exactly?

el3mel

This the post in question?

You haven't seen enough from these 2 in Europe to suggest they can hack it(even though one of them was in the CL SFs last season) but Poch who's done feck all in Europe getting knocked out by Gent of all teams last season has already moved several steps ahead? Based on what exactly?
Poch had defeated Madrid and put a very great game against Juve on their pitch in CL this season. He also had several top performances against top English teams in the league. I had my reservations about Poch and said it several times here, he's not the finished article, but comparing to both he had done better in a more competitive environment and his tactical setup is more flexible for my liking.

Varun

Staff
Poch had defeated Madrid and put a very great game against Juve on their pitch in CL this season. He also had several top performances against top English teams in the league. I had my reservations about Poch and said it several times here, he's not the finished article, but comparing to both he had done better in a more competitive environment and his tactical setup is more flexible for my liking.
Your post was about Europe specifically. How losing well takes him several steps ahead of a semi finalist is something only you know.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Tuchel I feel is not as good as Jardim, maybe he comes across as a bit naive at times, but still is good enough for a Top 4 club.
I think Tuchel is more flexible than Jardim, only doubt is he looks a bit freak, interesting to see where he goes.
For me they all are ready for next step.
Maybe, but not United at this particular moment, at least when you have Guardiola and City in the same area. The same thing for Sarri.

el3mel

Your post was about Europe specifically. How losing well takes him several steps ahead of a semi finalist is something only you know.
Spurs getting Juve, the runner up of last CL in round of 16 after topping their group is a terrible luck, let's be honest. Yes they bottled it, and I criticized them massively that day but it's still a terrible luck and imo, Poch played much better tactical game against Juve than Jardim did against them when he was completely schooled by them.

Advancing in CL is all about the draw imo. Juve were a CL finalist in 2015 but knocked out by round of 16 in the next year, not because they were shite, because they played Bayern and one of them was going to get knocked out early.

Varun

Staff
Spurs getting Juve, the runner up of last CL in round of 16 after topping their group is a terrible luck, let's be honest. Yes they bottled it, and I criticized them massively that day but it's still a terrible luck and imo, Poch played much better tactical game against Juve than Jardim did against them when he was completely schooled by them.

Advancing in CL is all about the draw imo. Juve were a CL finalist in 2015 but knocked out by round of 16 in the next year, not because they were shite, because they played Bayern and one of them was going to get knocked out early.
Could it also have something to do with the quality at their disposal? Also, Monaco beat City en route to the semis last year.

In any case, regardless of all this, surely you see how Poch has done absolutely nothing in Europe for anyone to say he's several steps ahead of Jardim there? It's one thing to rate him and quite another to big him up on a stage where his biggest achievement is losing well.

el3mel

Could it also have something to do with the quality at their disposal? Also, Monaco beat City en route to the semis last year.

In any case, regardless of all this, surely you see how Poch has done absolutely nothing in Europe for anyone to say he's several steps ahead of Jardim there? It's one thing to rate him and quite another to big him up on a stage where his biggest achievement is losing well.
Monaco had quality too at this time. It's not like they weren't having some of the hottest group of talents in the world. They did well beating City and BVB, but these were some very naive games tactically, both were very open games who played to Monaco strength and the one who score more win. Juve played it tight and set up a tactical game to absorb pressure and counter and they schooled Monaco completely. Poch put a much better tactical work against Juve in both games and was about to knock them out except for the second half of the last game.

You're putting too much on this semi-final thing imo. Yes Poch had multiple reservations about him, but tactically wise I had seen enough of him to conclude he's better than Jardim.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
I still think Tuchel will end up in PL at either Arsenal or Chelsea.

Conte is going to leave Chelsea end of season, and will get PSG job [which he was linked to by Di Marzio few days ago.]
Tuchel will get either Chelsea or Arsenal if Wenger resigns and he sorts out the beef with Mislintat.

Bayern will either extend Jupp for one more season [don't think its probable] or go with Joachim Low, which leaves Tuchel a good spot to coach the National team [since he was considered the best German coach available by the Bayern Board]

So either way it ends up its a good power move by Tuchel. He realized he didn't have consensus with the Bayern board and so probably would have thought it'd be better if he avoids the job given his knack of falling out with the board.
That's my main worry. Tuchel left Dortmund because he didn't get along well with the board and Mislintat. Hope they sort out the beef.

RW2

Supports
Eintracht Frankfurt
Astonishing that Tuchel has the reputation that he has.

He's won one trophy, the German cup, and came no where near competing with Bayern for the Bundesliga in the short time he was at Dortmund.

Varun

Staff
Monaco had quality too at this time. It's not like they weren't having some of the hottest group of talents in the world. They did well beating City and BVB, but these were some very naive games tactically, both were very open games who played to Monaco strength and the one who score more win. Juve played it tight and set up a tactical game to absorb pressure and counter and they schooled Monaco completely. Poch put a much better tactical work against Juve in both games and was about to knock them out except for the second half of the last game.

You're putting too much on this semi-final thing imo. Yes Poch had multiple reservations about him, but tactically wise I had seen enough of him to conclude he's better than Jardim.
Ok

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
There is no chance that the Kroenkes are proactive and decisive enough to move away from Wenger under the radar and lock down a new manager like Tuchel at this point. If you believe that, you haven't been following Arsenal for the last five years.

What's going to occur is that they will dither and wait to see what happens with the Europa League campaign.

If we win the competition, they'll keep Wenger, against all logic and reason.

If we lose in the quarterfinals or semifinals, there is some chance that they will move away from Wenger and perhaps even hire a competent replacement like Jardim or Tuchel if those managers have not already committed elsewhere.

If we lose the final, they'll panic and look for a new manager at the last minute. This will likely either result in hiring our very own version of Moyes, since the best candidates will already have made other plans, or could even result in Wenger coming back.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover

He's won one trophy, the German cup, and came no where near competing with Bayern for the Bundesliga in the short time he was at Dortmund.
Yeah, I find it weird that he is mentioned as some elite level coach, you even have Bayern fans in here pissed that they won't get him.

Out of the usual suspects out there he is easily the one with the least credentials.

Raru9

He actually made a record of points to be second in the Bundesliga. In any other year, his firts BVB actually win a Bundesliga title. Alas, he was a fighting against a team like Pep's Bayern, a record-breaker team too.

Chiken138

Supports
FC Bayern München

Because we saw how he played football and English people didn't. I call him myself a genious how he plays football. Even guardiola went to him to learn some things. He only lost to Guardiola who has made the Premier league a joke and he had amazing players at Bayern, where tuchel was limited

Just believe us, he is that good.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Yeah, I find it weird that he is mentioned as some elite level coach, you even have Bayern fans in here pissed that they won't get him.

Out of the usual suspects out there he is easily the one with the least credentials.
But he and Pep discussed football tactics over dinner! With salt and pepper pots for players! ;)

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
But he and Pep discussed football tactics over dinner! With salt and pepper pots for players! ;)
Yeah, just see the post above yours. Is this guy some sort of Ferguson and Guardiola morphed into one?

RW2

Supports
Eintracht Frankfurt

He had one particularly great season at Mainz. . . in 2010-11.

They had a great start winning most of their first ten games or so (going from memory here) including a 2-1 away win at Bayern Munich.

In the end they finished fifth and went into the Europa League qualifiers. . . where Mainz lost to Gaz Metan Medias (and No. . . I've never heard of them either)

He must have a great agent.

Last edited:

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Because we saw how he played football and English people didn't. I call him myself a genious how he plays football. Even guardiola went to him to learn some things. He only lost to Guardiola who has made the Premier league a joke and he had amazing players at Bayern, where tuchel was limited

Just believe us, he is that good.
I believe you mate.
That was some really good football dortmund used to play. Electric

SqualorVictoria

Supports
City

Well I guess one would consider Ancelotti as an "elite level coach". Perhaps it's not so surprising that a certain portion of Bayern fans would rather have Tuchel.

Cristiano Lell

BANNED LOLZ
Supports
Bayern München
Jokes aside, I believe he's good. How good, his first big job at a club with more money will have to show.
Let's not wait. Let's make up our mind right now. I too used to think he was an exceptional coach, but the recent couple of days have led me to conclude that he is an overrated fraud. I will stick with this from now on.

RW2

Supports
Eintracht Frankfurt
Let's not wait. Let's make up our mind right now. I too used to think he was an exceptional coach, but the recent couple of days have led me to conclude that he is an overrated fraud. I will stick with this from now on.
Exceptional?. . . His results aren't exceptional.

Look at major EPL teams and their managers now and what they won BEFORE they took a job in the premier league.

I think Tuchel has a cheek turning down the Bayern job, quite frankly.

Cristiano Lell

BANNED LOLZ
Supports
Bayern München
Exceptional?. . . His results aren't exceptional.

Look at major EPL teams and their managers now and what they won BEFORE they took a job in the premier league.

I think Tuchel has a cheek turning down the Bayern job, quite frankly.
"Turn down the Bayern job"? We never wanted him in the first place. Unproven, unstable, he was begging for us to take him but no way jose

RW2

Supports
Eintracht Frankfurt
"Turn down the Bayern job"? We never wanted him in the first place. Unproven, unstable, he was begging for us to take him but no way jose
Do you think he wasn't offered that BM job?

That's not what the German press are saying. . . . Or have I got that wrong?

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Tuchel to PSG is quite an odd rumour. I don't doubt his football knowledge but managing PSG is notoriously difficult and not being able to spend a full season at the head of a familial club like BVB without falling out with the board and players doesn't inspire confidence.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
I think managerial credentials are overrated for assessing the suitability of a coach for a certain club, especially when it comes to judging younger coaches. Where should they have won all those trophies, while managing the likes of Mainz, Hoffenheim, Augsburg? What had Pep won before taking over Barcelona? Granted, Tuchel with Dortmund already had a larger club under his direction (still pretty small financially, if you judge by the european elite), but that team had already gone without winning something for three years after their prime and the two consecutive championships. Also the season he took over, several more of the players of the old core left. All in all, winning one german cup (eliminating Bayern on the way, mind) was not too bad a turnout for his two seasons there. They were also the best second placed club by points in 15/16 behind Pep's Bayern.
I do believe that the playstyle of younger managers is a more apt tool in deciding whether he could fit in at a club. And as such, Tuchel would have been the natural successor to Pep at Bayern.

I see what you did there. ^^

Cristiano Lell

BANNED LOLZ
Supports
Bayern München
Do you think he wasn't offered that BM job?

That's not what the German press are saying. . . . Or have I got that wrong?
The press are saying this because he leaked it to them. Pathetic attempt.
Think for yourself, for a moment. You think if we wanted Tuchel, Hoeness would have made all that fuzz about convincing Jupp for another season?
Tuchel was never our preferred choice, and quite frankly he's maybe Chelsea or PSG level at best.
We'll get Kovac, to destroy the emergence of Eintracht Frankfurt as a serious competitor, signing Rebic and Haller for our bench in the process.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Tuchel to PSG is quite an odd rumour. I don't doubt his football knowledge but managing PSG is notoriously difficult and not being able to spend a full season at the head of a familial club like BVB without falling out with the board and players doesn't inspire confidence.
Wait till he puts Neymar on a vegan diet...

Kasper

Supports
Hansa Rostock / Bradford City
The guy is kinda a sociopath and he probably leaked those news (if he did he's actually a legend for making Bayern look like morons) but the people in here who're questioning his coaching abilities have barely seen his teams play. This reeks more of some "This guy seems the new hipsters favorite so I'm gonna be against him for the sake of it" sentiment by some on here.
His Mainz spell was a success through and through as he established soundly in the Bundesliga on a low budget, having also their best season in the history of the club under him.
Taking over Dortmund after the Klopp era was probably harder than people think, especially as the team was in a mixed state in Klopps final season. Yet he finished with the best number of points a second placed team ever had and if Guardiola's Bayern weren't such a consistency machine he would've probably won the league that year. After that he lost the complete core of the team (Gundogan, Mkhytarian and Hummels; not to mention that Reus was basically a professional hospital patient from that point on) yet he got them to the quarters of the CL (we know what happened there), third in the league (who cares if you finish 2nd or 3rd, both get direct qualification for the CL, I don't know why people bring that up) and won the cup (their first trophy since 2012).
How exactly is that not a successfull career so far? He obviously is not better than Mourinho at this point but I don't know why people are discussing this anyway, Mourinho will rightfully be at United at least another year. But for Arsenal or PSG I don't see many better candidates around (Jardim maybe).

RW2

Supports
Eintracht Frankfurt
The press are saying this because he leaked it to them. Pathetic attempt.
Think for yourself, for a moment. You think if we wanted Tuchel, Hoeness would have made all that fuzz about convincing Jupp for another season?
Tuchel was never our preferred choice, and quite frankly he's maybe Chelsea or PSG level at best.
We'll get Kovac, to destroy the emergence of Eintracht Frankfurt as a serious competitor, signing Rebic and Haller for our bench in the process.
You're winding me up with that last sentence as you know I support Eintracht Frankfurt. . . Having said that . . . I doubt there's a Frankfurt supporter who isn't worried that Kovac will be getting phone calls soon.

Don't know why Bayern would get rid of Heynckes as he's doing a great job. . . If he wins the CL league I'd love to see the look on Pep's face.

Wasn't Favre a Bayern target?

RW2

Supports
Eintracht Frankfurt
The guy is kinda a sociopath and he probably leaked those news (if he did he's actually a legend for making Bayern look like morons) but the people in here who're questioning his coaching abilities have barely seen his teams play. This reeks more of some "This guy seems the new hipsters favorite so I'm gonna be against him for the sake of it" sentiment by some on here.
His Mainz spell was a success through and through as he established soundly in the Bundesliga on a low budget, having also their best season in the history of the club under him.
Taking over Dortmund after the Klopp era was probably harder than people think, especially as the team was in a mixed state in Klopps final season. Yet he finished with the best number of points a second placed team ever had and if Guardiola's Bayern weren't such a consistency machine he would've probably won the league that year. After that he lost the complete core of the team (Gundogan, Mkhytarian and Hummels; not to mention that Reus was basically a professional hospital patient from that point on) yet he got them to the quarters of the CL (we know what happened there), third in the league (who cares if you finish 2nd or 3rd, both get direct qualification for the CL, I don't know why people bring that up) and won the cup (their first trophy since 2012).
How exactly is that not a successfull career so far? He obviously is not better than Mourinho at this point but I don't know why people are discussing this anyway, Mourinho will rightfully be at United at least another year. But for Arsenal or PSG I don't see many better candidates around (Jardim maybe).
Good post and all fair points. . I suppose I was just playing Devil's advocate in a way.

I am surprised when I see Tuchel matched up with top clubs, not because of his abilities (of which you've outlined well) but because top clubs want a track record of trophies. . . . It's why we have the same managers generally in charge of all the top European clubs.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
Good post and all fair points. . I suppose I was just playing Devil's advocate in a way.

I am surprised when I see Tuchel matched up with top clubs, not because of his abilities (of which you've outlined well) but because top clubs want a track record of trophies. . . . It's why we have the same managers generally in charge of all the top European clubs.
Valverde got the Barca job last summer. And their first choice was Laudup....