Tuchel turns down Bayern| German media speculating about PSG/Arsenal

HTG

Supports
Bayern
How did Monaco acted like total assholes, what did they do?
They didn’t offer any help at all when it came to delaying the match. As far as I’m concerned, they basically insisted on playing.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
They didn’t offer any help at all when it came to delaying the match. As far as I’m concerned, they basically insisted on playing.
What kind of help were they supposed to provide? Monaco had literally no room in their schedule, they had two games every week until the end of the season. Only the UEFA and both national leagues were in a position to help because the only option was to delay one of the competitions.

Cristiano Lell

BANNED LOLZ
Supports
Bayern München
Would never have believed it. I was wrong, I guess. Good news for Arsenal, though I wonder how they would announce the end of Wenger's reign via a leak to the German press...

Do you have sources for that?

haram

Dammit this English clubs are robbing our league, Klopp tuchel and promising players like Sane Gundogan and De bruyne :mad: what's next Werner to PL:mad:
Forgive us, it’s that or Pardew, Allardyce and players like Townsend and Keane.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Would never have believed it. I was wrong, I guess. Good news for Arsenal, though I wonder how they would announce the end of Wenger's reign via a leak to the German press...
Only minutes after Tuchel turning down Bayern was leaked. Such coincidence.

totaalvoetbal

Supports
Ajax
This will be a step forward for both Arsenal and the premier league. Another manager that uses elements of positional play.

The complete opposite of Arsene Wenger's laissez-faire approach to tactics.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
What kind of help were they supposed to provide? Monaco had literally no room in their schedule, they had two games every week until the end of the season. Only the UEFA and both national leagues were in a position to help because the only option was to delay one of the competitions.
They could have simply stood behind Dortmund and say we‘re not playing if they don’t want to. The whole world would have been on their side, everybody would have understood and the pressure would have been on the UEFA to figure something out. But they decided not to do anything at all. I guess it was very tempting to get a freeride to the semis.

@Cristiano Lell
I‘m quite sure I‘ve read this. Also it seems to be the consensus amongst Dortmund supporters. It fits what happened and there is nothing to suggest that they actually tried to help at all.

borrays

It's fun seeing bayern's fan reactions here :lol:
How about letting some billionaires invest some money into your league eh? so maybe we cant stop "Continental Scottish League" into happening. ;)

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Arsenal seemed the obvious choice. He isn't proven enough to be an obvious choice for an elite club and his coaching seems to be with Arsenal's ethos. Seems a good decision by the Arsenal board. I suppose any successor seems an intelligent choice after Moyes.

amolbhatia50k

They could have simply stood behind Dortmund and say we‘re not playing if they don’t want to. The whole world would have been on their side, everybody would have understood and the pressure would have been on the UEFA to figure something out. But they decided not to do anything at all. I guess it was very tempting to get a freeride to the semis.

@Cristiano Lell
I‘m quite sure I‘ve read this. Also it seems to be the consensus amongst Dortmund supporters. It fits what happened and there is nothing to suggest that they actually tried to help at all.
Why on earth should they have done that?

amolbhatia50k

Imagine turning down Bayern Munich for Arsenal :houllier: This guy is some case isn't he?
There are some benefits of managing a smaller club. I could be wrong but Klopp comes across as someone would prefer the underdog status/time without need for titles of Liverpool over United or Barcelona.

podurban2

Imagine turning down Bayern Munich for Arsenal :houllier: This guy is some case isn't he?
He most probably had already signed a contract with Arsenal before Bayern contacted him, or Bayern were stalling etc.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Why on earth should they have done that?
I don’t know. Because they are decent human beings? Obviously not, as they decided to thrash a team that just barely survived an attack on their lives. Those players should have been in treatment, not on the pitch. The psychological damage done to those poor guys will never be undone and Monaco deserve their share of the blame.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself

However this guy is Tier 1 for Bayern says that he thinks Tuchel will go for PSG.

Have to say this Arsenal link is a bit iffy for me. The main point about being of Sven Mislintat who was barred from training ground by Tuchel itself. Why would both of them work together?

HTG

Supports
Bayern
He most probably had already signed a contract with Arsenal before Bayern contacted him, or Bayern were stalling etc.
We „stalled“ Tuchel, because Hoeneß doesn’t want him. He stalled until it was too late. That was purposely done. Our management is in complete shambles. Rummenigge and Hoeneß are beasically on the verge of beating each other up in public.

KM

There are some benefits of managing a smaller club. I could be wrong but Klopp comes across as someone would prefer the underdog status/time without need for titles of Liverpool over United or Barcelona.
Basically someone who doesn't enjoy pressure then? Makes sense. He can finish 5th and still be labelled as a messiah in eyes of Liverpool fans. The expectations are high at the major clubs.

Cristiano Lell

BANNED LOLZ
Supports
Bayern München
I'm wondering whether kicker got ahead of themselves here, in the race to keep up with the Tuchel news. The article is peculiarly certain for a matter as grave as Wenger stepping down, or even being made to step down.

HTG

Supports
Bayern

However this guy is Tier 1 for Bayern says that he thinks Tuchel will go for PSG.

Have to say this Arsenal link is a bit iffy for me. The main point about being of Sven Mislintat who was barred from training ground by Tuchel itself. Why would both of them work together?
Falk doesn‘t know shit about us. He just talks an awful lot.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout

@Cristiano Lell
I'm pretty sure that Dortmund didn't say that they didn't want to play though and iirc the position of Monaco was to do what Dortmund wanted to do. The problem for both clubs is that neither were in charge of the scheduling.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
I'm wondering whether kicker got ahead of themselves here, in the race to keep up with the Tuchel news. The article is peculiarly certain for a matter as grave as Wenger stepping down, or even being made to step down.
It would be quite unlike kicker to state facts without being sure.

amolbhatia50k

Basically someone who doesn't enjoy pressure then? Makes sense. He can finish 5th and still be labelled as a messiah in eyes of Liverpool fans. The expectations are high at the major clubs.
Yes it's possible. Also, applies where the manager knows he needs time to implement his methods and the funds available won't make that process short enough to satisfy the need for trophies. I don't know if Klopp/Tuchel have that mindset but I can see it being the case. The pressure is undoubtedly less at those clubs. But success is also harder to achieve.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
I think the most difficult part to believe is that Wenger will actually step down
Dare I say "mutual consent." Arsenal effectively sack him in the summer but spin it that way to help protect his legacy.

LuenerLinguist

Don`t know if thats the reason. Maybe he just likes the challenge, because its significantly easier to win something with United that with Pool.

Kostov

Yes you are probably right. But it's Bayern, it's the biggest club in Germany, Tuchel is german and he rejects them for Arsenal nonetheless.
That's possibility, yeah.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Not a big Bundesliga follower but surely the clamour around the glorious Tuchel is a bit much considering his entire honour lists involves a solitary German Cup.
What could he really win at Mainz? Klopp did a fine job there and still got relegated.

He was at Dortmund for only two seasons. As I said yesterday Bayern under Pep in that first season were too relentless. They barely dropped a point first half of that season. Maybe in the second season he should've pushed the Ancelotti version a bit more.

2015/16 they weren't even in the CL due to the low Klopp finish of the previous year. Were in europa league and were doing fine until they collapsed last half hour v Liverpool. At Anfield on a european night stuff like that happens to visiting teams.

He's only been a top level manager since 2009. If he'd been in 20 years and just won a domesitc cup I could understand it a bit more.

Cristiano Lell

BANNED LOLZ
Supports
Bayern München
It would be quite unlike kicker to state facts without being sure.
I know. But tbh I very much doubt kicker's sources in England are so good as to be able to break such a huge story about Wenger and Arsenal exclusively.

KM

Bild now saying he's going to PSG.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
We „stalled“ Tuchel, because Hoeneß doesn’t want him. He stalled until it was too late. That was purposely done. Our management is in complete shambles. Rummenigge and Hoeneß are beasically on the verge of beating each other up in public.
I think I'd enjoy that. We could really use some existential drama and a disastrous season for a change, it would be healthy. We're still mostly living of the quality of the treble winning side 5 years later and the only true attempt of rebuilding happened under Pep, but was mostly destroyed by injuries and a shitty replacement after Pep left.

We could have finalised the contract with Tuchel for months now. Obviously Hoeneß didn't want him and if Tuchel had a good offer at a foreign club, I fully understand him taking it over a late offer from Bayern. It's already difficult to work at Bayern if you have the support of the full board. It's surely a nightmare to start at Bayern without Hoeneß having your back.