Tuchel turns down Bayern| German media speculating about PSG/Arsenal

Cristiano Lell

BANNED LOLZ
Supports
Bayern München
Well, if we get Hasenhüttl, I won't shed a tear. Rose can take over Leipzig. I just fear we're getting someone else.

Oh well, I can get behind Kovac if I must.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Yep they should've played the tie a week later. I'm sure they could've fitted in the second leg even if it meant postponing a league game.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
Bomb attack was before first leg although don't think they would've been defensively secure enough to take out Monaco anyway.

Big problem at Dortmund is they never seem overly concerned about signing decent defenders, don't know if that was Tuchel or the sporting directors fault.

Thinking of that Monaco game and Sokratis hopelessly passing the ball straight to Mbappe on the halfway line. That right there was why Dortmund had no chance of winning the CL.
Dortmund eventually got the defender Tuchel wanted. Toprak.

Cristiano Lell

BANNED LOLZ
Supports
Bayern München
That's the thing, at Bayern he would NOT be tasked with transfers, so that would have been a plus. :lol:
Toprak is terrible, and I coud imagine Tuchel also was behind the Schürrle transfer.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Yeah he's o.k. Suppose there's a lack of gettable top class CBs around so you have to pay for potential a lot of the time as they've done with the CB from Basle.

Dortmund not helped by how hit and miss Burki is in goal of course.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
They couldn't.
Of course they could have. You always can if you actually want. UEFA just didn’t give a shit, Monaco acted like total assholes and didn’t help at all and Watzke seemed to be too afraid to stand up for his employees. They never even tried to find an actual solution, because they didn’t want to find one.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
Of course they could have. You always can if you actually want. UEFA just didn’t give a shit, Monaco acted like total assholes and didn’t help at all and Watzke seemed to be too afraid to stand up for his employees. They never even tried to find an actual solution, because they didn’t want to find one.
Since Monaco and Dortmund had cup matches the next week there was no way to rearrange everything without delaying the semi finals.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Since Monaco and Dortmund had cup matches the next week there was no way to rearrange everything without delaying the semi finals.
So? Cup Games can be delayed. The semi finals can be delayed. They just didn’t want to. They didn’t give a shit about the players. Having them play was despicable. They should have been in medical treatment and not on the fecking pitch.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
So? Cup Games can be delayed. The semi finals can be delayed. They just didn’t want to. They didn’t give a shit about the players. Having them play was despicable. They should have been in medical treatment and not on the fecking pitch.
It was a situation where no matter what decision they made it would be horrible for Dortmund.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
It was a situation where no matter what decision they made it would be horrible for Dortmund.
No. There was a right and sensible decision and there was a cruel and money based decision. The second one was made.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
Can't tell if it's Arsenal or Chelsea, with mislintat at Arsenal you would think it's unlikely, but Tuchel and Chelsea's board are two combustible elements that will go nuclear before long.
Don't exactly scream compatible either, they'd need an overhaul to gear them towards Tuchels way of playing, will they sanction it?

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Can't tell if it's Arsenal or Chelsea, with mislintat at Arsenal you would think it's unlikely, but Tuchel and Chelsea's board are two combustible elements that will go nuclear before long.
Don't exactly scream compatible either, they'd need an overhaul to gear them towards Tuchels way of playing, will they sanction it?
We have the base of players to play that type of football, it's not like the AVB situation when he was trying to implement a style totally alien to 95% of the squad. All our CB's are adept at a highline, Hazard and Willian would have a field day under Tuchell and even Giroud and an on form Morata would suit that style. The one position we will need to significantly strengthen if we are going down the puristy route would be CM, all our current options bar Kante would look like lost sheep under Tuchell (Cesc's legs are gone).

extincti fugax hominum

Who cares, he’s a nobody with a shit hair cut.
This. I don't know why people love to hype these type of managers who won nothing of note. At this point in time, he's only a poor man's Klopp at best and that's a compliment for him as Klopp won back to back Bundesliga titles, German Cup and reached CL final etc. Tuchel on the other hand, won next to nothing and is an arrogant man who had fall outs with various people he worked with because of his troubled personality.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
This. I don't know why people love to hype these type of managers who won nothing of note. At this point in time, he's only a poor man's Klopp at best and that's a compliment for him as Klopp won back to back Bundesliga titles, German Cup and reached CL final etc. Tuchel on the other hand, won next to nothing and is an arrogant man who had fall outs with various people he worked with because of his troubled personality.
And he turned down a multi-million offer from Bayern (a story in itself) because he has an offer from another top club. Not bad for a nobody.

Borussin

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
He isn't a nobody, but he has a lot to prove for sure, but mostly on the personality side of things, he was not an easy man to deal with at Dortmund, but he is a good coach. He also has a very high opinion of himself, it would be interesting seeing him in the prem, but he would love the added power in the role.

If he goes to Arsenal, then they must have had Sven Mislintat and Tuchel meet and sort out their very huge differences after what happened at Dortmund. Cos they would need to work closely at Arsenal.

L1nk

Considering Mourinho's behaviour recently, if United haven't been putting out the feelers for him i'd be mightily disappointed, this is the prime opportunity to get Guardiola Junior. But we'll stick with Mourinho for another couple of seasons no doubt and he'll be elsewhere.

More posts about well he's a nobody he's won nothing, right, I forgot, he's good enough for Bayern but he's won nothing so he shouldn't come here because that means he's shit by default and not good enough for us, this guy is one of the future mainstay managers in the game, to get him now would be a massive coup imo.

dove

Excessive use of smilies
Considering Mourinho's behaviour recently, if United haven't been putting out the feelers for him i'd be mightily disappointed, this is the prime opportunity to get Guardiola Junior. But we'll stick with Mourinho for another couple of seasons no doubt and he'll be elsewhere.

More posts about well he's a nobody he's won nothing, right, I forgot, he's good enough for Bayern but he's won nothing so he shouldn't come here because that means he's shit by default and not good enough for us, this guy is one of the future mainstay managers in the game, to get him now would be a massive coup imo.
Tuchel aka Guardiola Junior :lol::lol: RedCafe members have a really simple manager rating system, plays attacking football = great manager :lol: Tuchel and Sarri are dream managers, who cares if the latter won feck all during 20 years, exciting football is all that matters :lol:

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
Tuchel aka Guardiola Junior :lol::lol: RedCafe members have a really simple manager rating system, plays attacking football = great manager :lol: Tuchel and Sarri are dream managers, who cares if the latter won feck all during 20 years, exciting football is all that matters :lol:
I am wondering if you trophies are the only things that matter types think Luis Enrique is a great manager? How about Zidane?

L1nk

Uh yeah? I called him that because his brand of football is very similar and takes a lot from Guardiola's system, he's a big fan of his and studies his work too. Perhaps instead of generalising me into a simple person that's like "omg duh he plays attacking football he's a great manager", no, he's a great up and coming manager because he has all the hallmarks of a manager that can go on to become great, infact I think i'll generalise a little here and say it's people like you that will only ever look at someones CV and think yes or no without actually looking into much more behind it. Has he won major trophies yet? 1, but he's also in the infancy of his career, he started at bottom of the barrel Mainz (not including Augsburg II for 1 season) that has possibly one of the lowest budgets around, got them promoted, he got them to their highest and respectable finish of 5th on what he had, which was a great achievement. Of course then his 2 years at Dortmund, a team that had flagged on the previous season under Klopp, he took that system, reworked it to combine elements of his system that he produced with elements of Guardiola's system and then Dortmund went on to have one of their greatest ever seasons with some of the best football around being played and with a record high points tally and only lost the Cup Final to Bayern on penalties. Second season, relatively similar league campaigns with most of his senior players like Hummels and Gundogan gone, actually won the cup this time, knocking Bayern out in the process. Sacked then for issues non related to anything that happened on the pitch.

Perhaps before you go running your mouth and laughing, read up a little, and perhaps give someone a chance? I mean he's good enough for Bayern Munich who are a much better club than us by the way, but not for us cause he plays attacking football and doesn't have more than 1 trophy to his name yet, I mean we won't be winning any of the big trophies under Mourinho so we just get to endure this slop football with no reward as well? Lovely, that's definitely what I want to go to Old Trafford to watch on the regular. Also no, I don't think we will win the league or CL under Mourinho the way things are going, and lets be honest Mourinho will be here for what, another 2 years at most? I'd prefer to see someone like Tuchel come in now whilst they are available and stay for years and years.

fcbforever

Supports
FC Bayern München
People will hate you, and you might have gone over the hill, but there’s still truth to that. Playing exciting football with a good team and overarching with a relegation team is nothing others haven’t archieved in the Bundesliga in the past 10 years.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
All I know is that United are going to really struggle next year with smart, motivating and attacking coaches like Klopp, Tuchel, Pep, Pochettino and maybe Enrique at our rivals.

On current form and tactical trends, I think we have the most limited and outdated coach of any of those potential 6. Albeit one of the most successful historically. Jose would be my sixth and last choice from that list.

Charles Miller

I dont know who are 90% of the names mentioned here and i'm not going to google it. But, yes, attacking football = great manager.

Borussin

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Uh yeah? I called him that because his brand of football is very similar and takes a lot from Guardiola's system, he's a big fan of his and studies his work too. Perhaps instead of generalising me into a simple person that's like "omg duh he plays attacking football he's a great manager", no, he's a great up and coming manager because he has all the hallmarks of a manager that can go on to become great, infact I think i'll generalise a little here and say it's people like you that will only ever look at someones CV and think yes or no without actually looking into much more behind it. Has he won major trophies yet? 1, but he's also in the infancy of his career, he started at bottom of the barrel Mainz (not including Augsburg II for 1 season) that has possibly one of the lowest budgets around, got them promoted, he got them to their highest and respectable finish of 5th on what he had, which was a great achievement. Of course then his 2 years at Dortmund, a team that had flagged on the previous season under Klopp, he took that system, reworked it to combine elements of his system that he produced with elements of Guardiola's system and then Dortmund went on to have one of their greatest ever seasons with some of the best football around being played and with a record high points tally and only lost the Cup Final to Bayern on penalties. Second season, relatively similar league campaigns with most of his senior players like Hummels and Gundogan gone, actually won the cup this time, knocking Bayern out in the process. Sacked then for issues non related to anything that happened on the pitch.

Perhaps before you go running your mouth and laughing, read up a little, and perhaps give someone a chance? I mean he's good enough for Bayern Munich who are a much better club than us by the way, but not for us cause he plays attacking football and doesn't have more than 1 trophy to his name yet, I mean we won't be winning any of the big trophies under Mourinho so we just get to endure this slop football with no reward as well? Lovely, that's definitely what I want to go to Old Trafford to watch on the regular. Also no, I don't think we will win the league or CL under Mourinho the way things are going, and lets be honest Mourinho will be here for what, another 2 years at most? I'd prefer to see someone like Tuchel come in now whilst they are available and stay for years and years.
To start with Tuchel did not get Mainz promoted, they where already in Bundesliga when he took over.

I would disagree with your assessment of Tuchel 2nd season in Dortmund, it was far removed from his first season. His first season he rode on the back of a fantastic squad created before he arrived. Yes he lost key players, especiallly Hummels, who we still have not got over losing, but also he did have Dembele to counter the loss of Mkhi at least, so as difficult as losing Hummels was, it wasn't as if he lost most of his senior players as you say. Our away form that season was poor, it took till last day of the season to achieve automatic CL qualifying, so it was very different to his first season. And the football was nowhere near as cohesive. He did have a lot of injury to deal with which of course never helps.

Anyway, TT is a good coach, we agree on that! I hope he goes to the prem, as it will be very intersting to see how he deals with so much more pressure than he's had before. He is quite a different personality, very singled minded, and rather insular, quite a quirky guy, it will be a great test for him.

SwSw

no, he's a great up and coming manager because he has all the hallmarks of a manager that can go on to become great
Ravel Morrison had all the hallmarks/potential of a great player. Looked how that turn up.

Style of football is subjective, trophies in the cabinet isn't.

L1nk

Ravel Morrison had all the hallmarks/potential of a great player. Looked how that turn up.

Style of football is subjective, trophies in the cabinet isn't.
It's not? Well damn, guess we shouldn't have sacked LVG, I mean his CV is laden with trophies and as we all know that's all that matters right.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Probably Arsenal. Seems like a manager who would suit them as long as he isn't too uncooperative. Hope he isnt as good a coach as people make him out to be.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Arsenal is unlikely due to his history with the new recruitment manager.

Chelsea and PSG are the favorites. I think PSG is more likely.

SwSw

It's not? Well damn, guess we shouldn't have sacked LVG, I mean his CV is laden with trophies and as we all know that's all that matters right.
Nice try comparing Mourinho to LVG. Taking extreme ends just to prove a point.

prath92

This guy reckons he is going to a top foreign club. Nothing about English

Devil may care

Has Abramovich ever appointed a manager who hasn't won anything? Arsenal seems the most likely fit, especially given they've just bought two players that performed really well for Tuchel and Dortmund.

So next season could look like this;

Man City - Pep Guardiola
Arsenal - Tommy Tuchel
Spurs - Poch
Man United - Reg Varney
Chelsea - Luis Enrique
Liverpool - Klopp

SwSw

Has Abramovich ever appointed a manager who hasn't won anything? Arsenal seems the most likely fit, especially given they've just bought two players that performed really well for Tuchel and Dortmund.

So next season could look like this;

Man City - Pep Guardiola
Arsenal - Tommy Tuchel
Spurs - Poch
Man United - Reg Varney
Chelsea - Luis Enrique
Liverpool - Klopp
So Conte is definitely leaving?

NK86

It's not good for him, and it's not good for us. We fecked up. Hoeness fecked up. Now we're stuck with Nagelsmann, or Kovac, or fecking Löw.

I want Hoeness out as soon as possible. I'm really angry right now.
Cannot believe that the fans of one of the most successful clubs in Europe, historically and recently, aren't happy with their board. Yet United fans are more than happy to give almost everyone involved in the CL clusterfeck against Sevilla the benefit of the doubt.

In any case, I think Tuchel to Chelsea will be a huge riot waiting to happen, if that goes through, with Tuchel's record against the Board and Abrahamovic being himself.

ti vu

Haven't read any posts beside the OP, so just wonder about.the alleged story about Tuchel and the former Dortmund scout. I thought they don't get along. So why Tuchel would come to Arsenal now?