Tuchel turns down Bayern| German media speculating about PSG/Arsenal

PepG

Supports
Ajax
Why people still think that defensive or pragmatic way of playing is a tactical masterclass is beyond me. This is one of the oldest and most used ways to win in football :lol: And yeah, its kinda boring.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
Why people still think that defensive or pragmatic way of playing is a tactical masterclass is beyond me. This is one of the oldest and most used ways to win in football :lol: And yeah, its kinda boring.
And we only call defensive performances as "pragmatic". I know I am beating a dead horse there was nothing "pragmatic" about how we set up against Sevilla.

strongwalker

Supports
FC Bayern München
local Munich news report the majority of the FC Bayern squad was "relieved" he wouldn't come. Reason is allegedly his reputation of being overly detail-obsessed, for example about the players diet.
I wonder where that came from *cough* Hummels *cough*

Classnordic

local Munich news report the majority of the FC Bayern squad was "relieved" he wouldn't come. Reason is allegedly his reputation of being overly detail-obsessed, for example about the players diet.
I wonder where that came from *cough* Hummels *cough*
I was under the impression, that attention to detail was one of the reasons what made them like Pep and dislike Ancelotti? weird that they have suddently changed opinions..

prath92

If you can beat free flowing Liverpool teams completely shutting them out, that’s tactically very good. Like united vs Liverpool recently. It’s just moronic to say that’s boring

SqualorVictoria

Supports
City
If you can beat free flowing Liverpool teams completely shutting them out, that’s tactically very good. Like united vs Liverpool recently. It’s just moronic to say that’s boring
Ok, but you barely hear anyone claiming a 'tactical masterclass' when, let's say, Barcelona have beaten United in the CL final, so there is that weird bit of exclusivity that you can only achieve it via 10 men behind the ball. But it's just semantics of course.

strongwalker

Supports
FC Bayern München
I was under the impression, that attention to detail was one of the reasons what made them like Pep and dislike Ancelotti? weird that they have suddently changed opinions..
apparently, some don't mind being told in detail where to position and whom to pass to in what situation, as opposed to being told to "go out and play some football", but draw the line at being told what kind of Soy their Ersatz-Bratwurst is supposed to be made of?!

Last edited:

SqualorVictoria

Supports
City
Yeah, it's almost like media outlets connected to big football clubs might be agenda driven, thus us, plain poor football can't decide what's true.

Nostradamus

Can’t even predict the past
This BS is prob spread by Hoeneß himself to deflect from his own incompetence...what a laughable nonsense this is. His buddy Stoiber ll soon jump to his side and confirm that BS..wait till Sunday on Sky Talk with Wontorra. What an embarrassing circus..clowns.

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
This isn't so much about training methodology rather than about Tuchel's notorious nutrition plans.

Mensch ist der United

Supports
FC Bayern München & Bursaspor
Bild stated that Tuchel will join PSG. L'equipe confirmed this. Seems save even though I would like him much more in the EPL or of course at Bayern. I rate Tuchel very high. He is a football maniac and tactical one of the best managers at the moment. It was stated that Bayern players, especially Hummels was against Tuchel joining Bayern, because he is known as socially not very skilled (a bit like Van Gaal). Could be the truth, could also be a sort of excuse because they missed out on him.

But I am pretty sure if you give Tuchel enough power and do not officially question him fast, he will be a monster of a manager.

Hummels just said on SKY that he is not positive about Tuchel or against Tuchel. But it was a very diplomatic answer on a reporter question.

Last edited:
Reactions: KM

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Is Tuchel even that good?

Didn't exactly light the world on fire at Dortmund?

United_We_Stand

I cant believe Bayern arent considering Klopp
His agent told German media Klopp "could do a very good job there" but he isn't planning to leave Anfield this summer

"Bayern Munich was often an option because Jurgen knows (president) Uli Hoeness very well. But it was never the right time and nothing definite came of it."
"No coach in the world is bigger than any club. Generally, the club is always bigger. Jurgen isn’t too big for Bayern Munich & vice versa. He definitely could do a very good job there. Bayern & Klopp would be a good match, but it isn’t an option at the mo."
"He is under contract until 2022 and I don’t think his work is finished there yet. But you have to bear in mind many factors. You cannot underestimate when you move to England the lack of a winter break."

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Sad to see Tuchel going to PSG, I don't really see those two being a match. Given Tuchel's eccentricities, it'd be interesting to see how he handles someone like Neymar, and generally a team full of superstars. Tuchel seems a guy who would need his board's complete support to function and I don't think he will get it given the culture at the club; if he has a fight with one of the superstars, say Neymar/Mbappe, I would think the club will side with the player rather than the manager.

Cristiano Lell

BANNED LOLZ
Supports
Bayern München
I don't buy that. Making Tuchel look like Bayern's missed first choice primarily helps Tuchel's reputation and ego and hurts Bayern because it makes them look less in control and whoever they hire now will always be the "second choice" for the public. I don't see Rummenigge dragging this into the public in order to maybe hurt Hoeneß whose support is so strong he went back into power straight from jail.
We also have the funny little coincidence of Tuchel to Arsenal being leaked via German media (as opposed to English) basically in the same breath.
Then we have the funny little coincidence of the Hummels "either me or Tuchel" story in Kicker and Tuchel making a PR show out of his court testimony on the same day, the same week he supposedly turned down munich, a city he relocated his family to a couple of years ago. For a smaller club, where trophies seem much less likely and where he gets to enjoy working with his arch enemy again.
FWIW, Rummenigge has by now publicly confirmed that Tuchel told them he has signed for another club. So the press reports were correct on that front.

Dr. StrangeHate

Thank God Arsenal or Chelsea aren't getting him. Tuchel, Klopp and Pep in the same league and none of them at United would have been hard to stomach.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
His agent told German media Klopp "could do a very good job there" but he isn't planning to leave Anfield this summer

"Bayern Munich was often an option because Jurgen knows (president) Uli Hoeness very well. But it was never the right time and nothing definite came of it."
"No coach in the world is bigger than any club. Generally, the club is always bigger. Jurgen isn’t too big for Bayern Munich & vice versa. He definitely could do a very good job there. Bayern & Klopp would be a good match, but it isn’t an option at the mo."
"He is under contract until 2022 and I don’t think his work is finished there yet. But you have to bear in mind many factors. You cannot underestimate when you move to England the lack of a winter break."
Pity because he is the only thing that makes the dippers conpetitive

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
The duration of the contract is interesting as its apparently only for 2 years. It feels like they are waiting for one of the bigger managers to become available and need him as a stop gap. I think they are looking for one of Pep/Mourinho/Zidane on a longer term.

Jacko21

The duration of the contract is interesting as its apparently only for 2 years. It feels like they are waiting for one of the bigger managers to become available and need him as a stop gap. I think they are looking for one of Pep/Mourinho/Zidane on a longer term.
Yeah, I suspect it's of huge frustration to PSG's owners that Pep is tied up - at Manchester City of all places, a club that was once as irrelevant as PSG but has ambitions of sitting at Europe's top table.

L1nk

Tuchel does well in 2 years, Mourinho leaves in 2 years, it's a possibility?

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Tuchel does well in 2 years, Mourinho leaves in 2 years, it's a possibility?
Next season is going to be boom or bust for Jose. He either wins a major trophy or starts throwing more players under the bus and gets kicked out.

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
2+1 years is standard. It's quite rare that coaches do more than that these days anyway.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
I don't really think Tuchel would suit United. The problem is that he would follow Mounrinho and his current squad is like the antithesis of Tuchel's understanding of football. He prefers midfielders like Weigl and Gündogan who are less vertical players as well as fast, agile and technically profound strikers/forwards. He has the latter with Rashford and Martial but your biggest transfers over the last years, like Lukaku and Pogba, simply don't fit his approach I think. I could hardly imagine them in a Guardiola team and after all, Pep is Tuchel's big role model and when he goes to an international top club, he will most likely want to introduce a similar concept. This would mean that you guys need to restructure your squad again and especially your supposed key players would have to be replaced. Can't see that happening, really.

I think he would fit in brillantly at PSG and Arsenal. However, since he is a difficult character who hates if his superiors intervene with his work, I can see him falling out with the PSG owner/board. Especially if he is only appointed as a placeholder this would mean he has a weak position and I doubt that he would accept that - especially after his experiences in Dortmund. This could also have been a secret reason of why he rejected Bayern since Hoeneß is a difficult character, too, who allegedly wasn't very fond of him in the beginning. Arsenal is an easier environment, I guess. After all, Wenger hadn't had much pressure from his superiors at all. Tuchel also finds some of his old players (Mkhitaryan, Aubameyang) as well as others who brillantly suit his style (Ozil, Wilshere, Bellerin, Kolasinac). He would still need another CM and a CB, if you ask me, but this could be possible. I think he will go to Arsenal, honestly. Just seems the better fit.