Turn the Caf Green and Gold

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
No fans at games means the Glazers and Woodward will continue to get a free ride for the foreseeable future. But it doesn't have to be like that.

Everything is about online presence these days. The Caf is bigger than the official website. We need to realise that and do our part. Time to turn this site Green and Gold.

r/reddevils with their 270k subs have considered similar measurements but the mods are reluctant to do it because "okay we've changed our colours to Green and Gold, now what?".

The Caf leading from the front on this issue will send a serious message and other United communities will follow suit. r/reddevils will see us doing it and they'll no longer be reluctant. Fan channels with massive influence will pick up the trend. It will spread like wildfire on social media. The knock-on effect will be massive.

The club can't PR their way out of trouble forever. There has been a lot of chat recently about the club being unhappy with the negativity on social media. They are clearly rattled. We need to continue to pile on the pressure. We need to make our presence felt. Need to show current and potential sponsors how toxic the pathetic leadership is at the club.

We can either accept defeat and continue to let the leeches suck us dry, or we can unite and use our plattforms to raise awareness and force change.

Turn the Caf Green and Gold.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Great idea: And it can be the start of RedCafe taking a strategic role in The War against the Glazers

Tiber

Nice idea, but the club wont even notice never mind care

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
They won’t do it for fear of riling advertisers. And fair enough - this is part of Niall’s livelihood I imagine

It would be a great message though, this is the clubs online fan base.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Will create issues with the name of the website

But I'd like it to happen regardless.

hungrywing

Yeah, it's probably time again.

Also maybe use this thread to brainstorm other ideas for spreading the movement; e.g. getting the word out to international fan channels on YouTube.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Green and gold until...

people realise it did nothing.

Red00012

We tried the green and gold and we tried to get glazers out trending . Neither worked.
I can’t see what a green and gold on a chat forum site is going to do.

Its going to take 5-10 years of no European Football for these owners to leave or some crazy bid from some billionaire.

Moston Red

Formerly Giggs1973
I'm all for this...but it won't change anything unless people make a big statement. E.G. Stop buying shirts, cancel season tickets, don't renew, don't turn up for any games post COVID, cancel their MUTV subscription. Start supporting FC United.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
They won’t do it for fear of riling advertisers. And fair enough - this is part of Niall’s livelihood I imagine

It would be a great message though, this is the clubs online fan base.
Not doing something you believe in because it might piss off advertisers is being a part of the problem imo.

Ultimately I don't see why advertisers would even care as long as they keep getting value for money. But if ad revenue does take a dent then all Niall has to do is provide his paypal details and we'll fix the rest.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Everything is about online presence these days. The Caf is bigger than the official website. We need to realise that and do our part. Time to turn this site Green and Gold.

r/reddevils with their 270k subs have considered similar measurements but the mods are reluctant to do it because "okay we've changed our colours to Green and Gold, now what?".
Well they are right - what difference will it make?

And IIRC Redcafe did go green &gold when the original protest happened

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
I don’t profess to know much about the rest of the Glazer portfolio, but in a world where the vast majority of businesses are suffering, United remains a pretty safe bet. I doubt they’ll want rid of it right now

johnny1980

the problem is its well known here that the glaziers are leechy scum but we need to spread the word.
Until the whole worldwide fanbase starts protesting its just a local(uk only)smallish protest and wont garner much support unfortunately

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
ha ha, yup, this shit again!

It was crap the first time and would be even more embarrassing now as “until the club is sold” quite clearly meant jack shit.
And most annoyingly, it took away any chance of ever reprising that sensational green and gold kit from the early to mid 90s!

Fooza

Don't worry, no need to do anything as it doesn't look like we will be the united of old for the next decade. The commercial side will eventually die out. We won't stay 'mighty' united forever, it's a miracle that even after nearly 10 years of mediocrity, we still where we are financially - and it's only down to Fergie's long legacy and the fans.

I give Ed and Glazers another 5-8 years to kill this club off completely when sponsors don't see us as commercially viable anymore. (also City and Liverpool would gain a lot more over us in that time increasing their commercial aspects further)

Reynoldo

Do it, can't hurt right and it's bound to get some attention. (If it's not complete ball ache for the devs obviously :lol:)

desirere

Do it, great idea!

Just the Caf doing it won’t amount to much but if this trends to other forums and united communities, the media will catch wind of it and bring it to another level. If done right it could put massive pressure on at least dear old Ed.

MancunianAngels

Supports
FC United
The main problem with this and a lot of other supporter campaigns post 2010 is that it's too reactionary.

If United announced Sancho and Telles tomorrow all of this anti Glazer sentiment would go away until January and the next transfer saga. Just like after we signed Fernandes.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I've been wanting a yellow/gold away kit for years now to no avail, so I guess this will have to do.