Tweets Only 2010/14 Archive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brophs

The One and Only

He would have given Nani a new contract earlier in the year, but one on his old terms of £80,000 rather than the £125,000 that he demanded during negotiations in the summer. He initially thought that he could follow compatriot Cristiano Ronaldo’s contract curve, with improved deals each time. United didn’t agree.

So why the change of heart from United, why the cooling of interest? Put simply, the club don’t think he’s as good as he thinks he is. They don’t think he’s improved his game sufficiently as they’d hoped and felt let down by the player at several points last season.

Just as Sir Alex’s mind was made up by Dimitar Berbatov’s inability to change big matches which would ultimately leave to his departure, so United have lost confidence in Nani. Berbatov’s inability to take two chances against City in the 2011 FA Cup final went badly against him, so Nani’s performances against City in the crucial April derby did the same.

None of the coaching staff doubt Nani’s raw talent and his instinct in matches which can lead to moments of genius. There have been times when Nani has been United’s most creative player, the closest to one the team have had since selling Ronaldo to Madrid in 2009. He has improved, no doubt. Ferguson even complimented him on his “maturity” at the start of 2010, while he was nominated for the PFA Young Player of the Year in 2011, a season when he was also named in the PFA Team of the Year alongside team mates Edwin van der Sar, Nemanja Vidic and Dimitar Berbatov. But his progress was not as good as United expected in 2011-12

It isn't a great leap to read between those lines.

If Mitten is to be believed then the club clearly do not feel that Nani is top level.
It is a big leap. "The club" clearly means the management of the club, not the players. He hasn't said or implied anything that suggests the players think what you mentioned above.

Jimy_Hills_Chin

Desperately wants to be ITK
It is a big leap. "The club" clearly means the management of the club, not the players. He hasn't said or implied anything that suggests the players think what you mentioned above.
That was a typo/mistake, I meant coaching staff/management/CEO. I am sure that you could have deduced from context. What bearing would the playing staff have on anything?

Anduin

Just as Sir Alex’s mind was made up by Dimitar Berbatov’s inability to change big matches which would ultimately leave to his departure, so United have lost confidence in Nani. Berbatov’s inability to take two chances against City in the 2011 FA Cup final went badly against him, so Nani’s performances against City in the crucial April derby did the same.
[/B]

[rant following]Yeah, let's blame Nani for the shambles of line-up SAF put out and fecked that one up. Play fecking Park who had no game time for two months and Giggs/Scholes, but hey let's blame it on Nani.

Also, we didn't play City in a FA Cup Final, it was the Semis.

What a load of bollocks. I would hate to see Nani in a Chelsea shirt. They can stick their 20m up their blue arses, I'd rather keep the player and play him in his fecking best position ahead of 'I can do no wrong but dive pathetically all the time' Ashley Young.[rant end]

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I expect that Nani will leave in January, however, I will be shocked and disappointed if he is sold to a PL rival. If he is sold, I hope we get in a winger (not Taarabt) and I hope we do not persist with Welbeck as a winger.

Personally I'd like him to stay, despite his inconsistencies he an be a very good winger and the last time he signed a new contract his performances improved considerably.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
[rant following]Yeah, let's blame Nani for the shambles of line-up SAF put out and fecked that one up. Play fecking Park who had no game time for two months and Giggs/Scholes, but hey let's blame it on Nani.

Also, we didn't play City in a FA Cup Final, it was the Semis.

What a load of bollocks. I would hate to see Nani in a Chelsea shirt. They can stick their 20m up their blue arses, I'd rather keep the player and play him in his fecking best position ahead of 'I can do no wrong but dive pathetically all the time' Ashley Young.[rant end]
Bloody hell. I can't tell where that rant begins and where it ends.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
United Chief Executive David Gill flew to Croatia this week for talks about signing £15m-rated Alen Halilovic, and also enquired about right-back Sime Vrsaljko.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
I doubt he did, just posting what i read

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
JakeC (from the internet) says he did, Sarni (of the internet) says he didn't. I guess the truth is somewhere in between.
Tbf it's the Daily Mail which said this.

wr8_utd

:'(
Sneijders off according to yolan the cabau
How? This is what she said :

So many questions about our situation.. Sweet people, as far as I know we are not leaving Milano! Some 'media' will always make up stories.. #ToBad.. #LoveAlways xxx
Maybe he'll just move to AC. There have been a lot of rumors about that too.

wr8_utd

The actor and television personality Yolanthe Sneijder-Cabau told De Telegraaf on Friday:
"We are about to emigrate. It should happen in early January and we are looking for a nice place for our family."
Well that rules us out then. PSG it is.

Though she does claim on Twitter in the tweet I just posted above this post that the media is making up stories so not sure how true this emigration story is.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Betis seems to be having a fantastic season at the moment. 14 appearances, 3 goals, 8 yellow cards.

Ekeke

Benat is good. Good passer can score a goal and can put in some tackles too. But he's 25 and hasnt had a lot of interest till now. He was most strongly linked with a move to City and they love signing central midfielders so I still kind of expect it. I think he was called up to the Spanish national team recently and is probably the main reason Betis are doing well this season.

Will be a good signing for someone without being another "omg world class spanish midfielder". Probably the same level as someone like Arteta

Jimy_Hills_Chin

Will be a good signing for someone without being another "omg world class spanish midfielder". Probably the same level as someone like Arteta
So basically he is more than good enough to play in our midfield?

Ekeke

Yes. But we arent being linked with him and it would be a bit of a strange move to sign someone at that level now when Cleverley is well on his way there and Anderson isnt far off either. If we were going to sign someone on that level we'd probably have done it in the last couple of seasons when they werent as good options as they are now.

binary bot
"Sneijder to Spurs" trending on Twitter at the minute, seems to have originated from @tancredipalmeri on some radio show.

Baxter

Talksport. Was listening and he said Schalke were also interested, but Spurs favourite.

wr8_utd

I'd love to see him at Spurs as it doesn't seem that we're interested. Just as long as it's not City or Chelsea.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
We have enough attacking midfielders. He basically plays in a similar position as Rooney, Kagawa, or even Cleverley and Anderson. We also have Giggs, and Scholes, and Powell. We need a more defensive minded midfielder, who would energise our midfield, can tackle and be disciplined enough to protect the back four.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
How are they going to pay his astronomical wages? I call bullshit.
He probably won't demand £200k a week from Spurs, just regular football and a 4-year contract at decent money which they could well hand to him.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
He probably won't demand £200k a week from Spurs, just regular football and a 4-year contract at decent money which they could well hand to him.
Sounds a massive drop in demands from a mere year ago!

Jimy_Hills_Chin

We have enough attacking midfielders. He basically plays in a similar position as Rooney, Kagawa, or even Cleverley and Anderson. We also have Giggs, and Scholes, and Powell. We need a more defensive minded midfielder, who would energise our midfield, can tackle and be disciplined enough to protect the back four.
Like Camacho, Strootman or Gundogan?

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Sounds a massive drop in demands from a mere year ago!
I just found he's tied to Inter until 2015 so I might be wrong. I thought he only had a contract until 2014, in which case it'd be better for him to get a 4-year deal on good money from Spurs than stay. As he'll still have 2 and a half years left on his deal in January 2013, with very high wages, he might not want to move away just yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.