Television Twin Peaks

Runner

I stopped watching during ep 4 or 5 when Cooper couldn't talk. How is it so far?

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Leaving A Breakfast On All Of Your Doorsteps
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
:-) ALL

Feckin hell!!!!!

- Boom on the Audrey theory... thank you very much:D
- DarkCoop's not much of a model parent, is he?
- This might be controversial, but while the Cooper awakening moment had me punching the air (again and again), I found that it started to get a bit cheesy after he was suited up, with the theme tune music and all, "I am the FBI"..... buuuuuuut I think that was absolutely deliberate. When it cut to Diane getting that text, I jumped almost as much as she did given her reaction, brilliant acting and brilliant lulling into security in general in that sequence. It took about ten seconds into that scene to realise what ":-) ALL" really meant given how shaken she was by it... but Lynch being Lynch, it all unfolds with delicious pacing. Brilliant.
- Same goes for the Hutch and Chantalle stuff... you could kind of feel it was going to all go wrong, but the pacing of it was brilliant again.

I'm looking forward so much to watching the whole series again all together when it's finished.

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
The moment that turned me into water.

See, this was the part that I thought was hokey. Loved him waking up etc, interacting with the one armed man, telling everyone what to do... but then with the theme music and this, it just got hokey for me. Buuuuuut... as I said in the above spoiler, I think that was very deliberate, to contrast with the shock of Diane's reaction to the text. Brilliant stuff.

The Firestarter

:-) ALL

Feckin hell!!!!!

- Boom on the Audrey theory... thank you very much:D
- DarkCoop's not much of a model parent, is he?
- This might be controversial, but while the Cooper awakening moment had me punching the air (again and again), I found that it started to get a bit cheesy after he was suited up, with the theme tune music and all, "I am the FBI"..... buuuuuuut I think that was absolutely deliberate. When it cut to Diane getting that text, I jumped almost as much as she did given her reaction, brilliant acting and brilliant lulling into security in general in that sequence. It took about ten seconds into that scene to realise what ":-) ALL" really meant given how shaken she was by it... but Lynch being Lynch, it all unfolds with delicious pacing. Brilliant.
- Same goes for the Hutch and Chantalle stuff... you could kind of feel it was going to all go wrong, but the pacing of it was brilliant again.

I'm looking forward so much to watching the whole series again all together when it's finished.
What's your Audrey theory?

The Firestarter

Eh it's somewhere back in this thread, but basically that she wasn't awake, that she was in some form of black lodge situation and that the guy had a Man From Another Place vibe. Or that she's in a coma
The last scene looked like the white lodge though? Remembering Maj. Briggs' descriptions.

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
Why's everything being spoilered in here? Can't we discuss what's already been aired without spoilers?

So many positives about this episode.
  • Coop's back! Well worth the wait.
  • The shootout with the bald dude. "Go feck yourself!" :lol:
  • Great acting from Laura Dern in her next to last scene while being interrogated by Gordon and Albert. Not sure what those digits are about. Possible coordinates to one of the lodges in Twin Peaks?
  • Audrey's Dance :drool:
  • Eddie Vedder cameo at The Roadhouse

Next week will air both the penultimate and finale episodes. Any news yet if there'll be another season?

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
Why's everything being spoilered in here? Can't we discuss what's already been aired without spoilers?

So many positives about this episode.
  • Coop's back! Well worth the wait.
  • The shootout with the bald dude. "Go feck yourself!" :lol:
  • Great acting from Laura Dern in her next to last scene while being interrogated by Gordon and Albert. Not sure what those digits are about. Possible coordinates to one of the lodges in Twin Peaks?
  • Audrey's Dance :drool:
  • Eddie Vedder cameo at The Roadhouse

Next week will air both the penultimate and finale episodes. Any news yet if there'll be another season?
Meh, I guess I'm too careful due to moaners in the GOT thread. Also being considerate to folks who may not be up to speed. But you're right I suppose, aired episodes should probably be openly discussed .

Roosney

Could be. There wasn't a lot to go off really. Can't wait.
Looked like a hospital to me. And you kinda have to go or do somethingor whatever to enter the lodges I guess. You just don't fall asleep or in a coma and wake up there.
With that said, I dunno what has happened to Audrey other than the bank bombing.

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
Looked like a hospital to me. And you kinda have to go or do somethingor whatever to enter the lodges I guess. You just don't fall asleep or in a coma and wake up there.
With that said, I dunno what has happened to Audrey other than the bank bombing.
Dark Coop brought Diane somewhere according to this week's episode. I wouldn't rule her out being somewhere supernatural yet.

Roosney

Dark Coop brought Diane somewhere according to this week's episode. I wouldn't rule her out being somewhere supernatural yet.

Yeah I rewatched part 16 and yeah it could be the white lodge, then again it could be a hospital too.
Can't look at Charlie without grinning because someone here said that Audrey married a potato. Dude looks really weird.

If you guys like watching recaps I suggest watching last two recaps by What The Flick on youtube. They have some screenwriter visiting the panel and he got some really good observations and theories.

The Firestarter

Not necessarily. Coop routinely communicated with MIKE who is in the lodge, and also returned in the place of Douggie through the power lines before that. Evil Coop was about to get sucked into the lodge while driving his car, but avoided it (Probably because of Douggie ).

Amir

See, this was the part that I thought was hokey. Loved him waking up etc, interacting with the one armed man, telling everyone what to do... but then with the theme music and this, it just got hokey for me. Buuuuuut... as I said in the above spoiler, I think that was very deliberate, to contrast with the shock of Diane's reaction to the text. Brilliant stuff.
Or maybe it was just a case of giving the people what they want, nothing wrong with that :D

I've missed the old Twin Peaks music. There wasn't too much of it. Maybe it's a symbol: Now with Cooper it is Twin Peaks again.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
'People are under a lot of pressure, Bradley'

Giggs86

Damn what an episode. Was sure worth the wait.
Bad binoculars, the driveway shootout, Coop's return, Diane, Audrie.. every scene in this episode was pure gold.

Does anyone have an idea what is the meaning behind :-) ALL?

Keenst

I was away in Japan (amazing place) for a few days so only got to see this yday. Amazing episode. I don't think Twin Peaks will ever be topped for me. Most original thing on TV and Showtime deserve credit for back Frost and Lynch.

Giggs86

Episode 17 was the real finale. Episode 18 was Lynch going full Mulholand Drive.