Television Twin Peaks

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
It's certainly a disappointment for me to realise we won't really be getting much of Agent Cooper in season 3.
It sucks big time, indeed. We had 10 seasons of X-Files and 11th one is probably in the works, now... and some people say Lynch was quite lucky to get a 3rd.

Zen

An 11th season of X-Files is confirmed, but what's this got to do with Twin Peaks? I'm not overly sure I get the connection. X-Files was bigger, and sustained a level of quality for longer...and still despite two "revival" runs, there will still be less revived episodes of X-Files than there was of Twin Peaks, because if the next batch are as shocking as all but one of the first 6, it ain't coming back for a third round.

As classic as the finale and Fire Walk With Me are, the signs were there that Twin Peaks wasn't going to be a sustainable show. Probably why Lynch for more episodes and more money, the guys enjoys his work, but this is probably his last true payday.

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Leaving A Breakfast On All Of Your Doorsteps
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
Enjoyed that a lot.

TRUCK YOU.

That's one way to have Monica Bellucci in your series :lol: I thought at first when he said "Monica Bellucci in my dreams", that it was for comic effect and that it was going to be the end of the scene. Made me smile how it developed. James cracking up during that lad's mad tale was hilarious. I'm guessing the Beatles reference was an ad lib :lol: And now I know where Jobsworth comes from...

Moved the story on quite a fair bit there.Four to go...

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Even Andy having surprisingly interesting episode besides usual creepy stuff with Lucy.

Can't even remotely predict where the show is going in a best way possible. Just wow.

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
Even Andy having surprisingly interesting episode besides usual creepy stuff with Lucy.

Can't even remotely predict where the show is going in a best way possible. Just wow.
Yes, ANDY!! I said "Feck no!!" out loud at that. He's endearingly dumb.

I think he got pulled into the lodge because he's so dumb that he's pure of heart. The woman from Cooper's interaction before his return now ending up in our world was a big WOAH moment too. Was that the famous Billy that everyone was talking about the last three episodes? Looks possessed.

It's funny to compare it with the current discussion on GOT about pacing. Although this has at moments been deliberately, infuriatingly slow, overall it's been masterful.

Oh yeah too
Looks like Diane is going to get screwed over for working with the devil. I'm on the edge of saying the link is stupidly tenuous and too big a leap, but having seen how Dark Coop works it actually fits in. She's getting burned because everyone who deals with him does. It's a deliciously ironic BOB move and makes more sense of why we spent so much time with Dougie and Jane E. Sadness is coming.

Oh yeah oh yeah too
Fitting in a piece from the movie at this stage... Woah. It's all coming together so well.

Last edited:

Roosney

Feck I need to watch Fire Walk With Me again. Seems like there's a lot of references and clues from that film.

Keenst

I only watched it lately myself. I didn't really understand why it was slated when it was released, I thought it was good.
Yeah I watched it recently too and thought it was good. That latest ep was great. I look forward to these episodes more than GoT. Just never know what to expect.

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
Yeah I watched it recently too and thought it was good. That latest ep was great. I look forward to these episodes more than GoT. Just never know what to expect.
GOT has graduated to merely ticking boxes this season. Moving way too fast. Bar the last battle and a few other short scenes, I haven't gotten a huge amount of satisfaction out of it. This season of Twin Peaks has given us the greatest audiovisual sequence ever created for television, tonnes of mystery, great acting, and great horror and foreboding to go with the occasional moments of utter tedium :lol:

Sarah Palmer. What the hell.

Roosney

GOT has graduated to merely ticking boxes this season. Moving way too fast. Bar the last battle and a few other short scenes, I haven't gotten a huge amount of satisfaction out of it. This season of Twin Peaks has given us the greatest audiovisual sequence ever created for television, tonnes of mystery, great acting, and great horror and foreboding to go with the occasional moments of utter tedium :lol:

Sarah Palmer. What the hell.
Yeah I think in some episode Laura did that face removal to Cooper. LOL can't remember was it this season or the originals EDIT: early episode this season

Roosney

Enjoyed that a lot.

TRUCK YOU.

That's one way to have Monica Bellucci in your series :lol: I thought at first when he said "Monica Bellucci in my dreams", that it was for comic effect and that it was going to be the end of the scene. Made me smile how it developed. James cracking up during that lad's mad tale was hilarious. I'm guessing the Beatles reference was an ad lib :lol: And now I know where Jobsworth comes from...

Moved the story on quite a fair bit there.Four to go...
What are the odds for the lad with the Hulk glove to punch Bad Coops face in?
Actually, I think he will not do it, he might try but gets brutally killed in the process. Just because him killing Bad Cooper was the first thought I had when he told the story and that's just exactly the way David Lynch fecks with us.

Also like you said I think Andy getting up in the vortex to meet the giant was the perfect choice. He doesn't try to make sense of things, he just takes things as they are.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
That was a very good episode. The plot was progressed well, and the Jack Rabbit's sequence was shot excellently.
What are the odds for the lad with the Hulk glove to punch Bad Coops face in?
Actually, I think he will not do it, he might try but gets brutally killed in the process. Just because him killing Bad Cooper was the first thought I had when he told the story and that's just exactly the way David Lynch fecks with us.

Also like you said I think Andy getting up in the vortex to meet the giant was the perfect choice. He doesn't try to make sense of things, he just takes things as they are.
He's obviously going to arm wrestle Bad Coop and return the real one back to us

I got the vibe that she was dopple-Sarah in the bar just then, and the real one is the one who was in her kitchen glitching around. It makes thematic sense - removing the face to show dark - i.e. the black lodge contrasted to Laura who showed light - the white lodge. There's also the fact that this doppleganger could be The Mother -- Sarah gave birth to a pure being, Laura, The Mother gave birth to pure evil; BOB.

Last edited:

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
That was a very good episode. The plot was progressed well, and the Jack Rabbit's sequence was shot excellently.

He's obviously going to arm wrestle Bad Coop and return the real one back to us

I got the vibe that she was dopple-Sarah in the bar just then, and the real one is the one who was in her kitchen glitching around. It makes thematic sense - removing the face to show dark - i.e. the black lodge contrasted to Laura who showed light - the white lodge. There's also the fact that this doppleganger could be The Mother -- Sarah gave birth to a pure being, Laura, The Mother gave birth to pure evil; BOB.
Ah, just thought of something! Do we think maybe that this relates to the theory that Sarah was the teenager in the nuclear test episode?

DWelbz19

Ahhhhhhh I've just read something good.

Billy is behaving like Dougie, repeating whatever he hears. Can't believe I didn't notice.
Who is he, exactly? I know he was in the jail, but why?

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
Who is he, exactly? I know he was in the jail, but why?
Well, we don't know any of that that. We know Audrey is looking for him, we know women we don't know have chatted about him over beers at the Roadhouse in at least 2 episodes and that according to them he was acting weirdly/terrified. What part he has to play overall, who knows.

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
Hot damn.

- "Get me Gordon Cole"... I must have rewatched the change in his facial expression 3 times :lol: It's all coming together nicely now, just in time when Dark Coop is on his way to him.

- Dark Coop at the convenience store... was the motel the one where Leland went to in FWWM??

- The guy with the green glove... Pretty good one-inch punch there, fella. The Roadhouse scenes baffling as ever.

- Was the girl at the end the girl from the nuclear test episode???

-Still have no idea what's going on with Audrey and that guy.

Keenst

Hot damn.

- "Get me Gordon Cole"... I must have rewatched the change in his facial expression 3 times :lol: It's all coming together nicely now, just in time when Dark Coop is on his way to him.

- Dark Coop at the convenience store... was the motel the one where Leland went to in FWWM??

- The guy with the green glove... Pretty good one-inch punch there, fella. The Roadhouse scenes baffling as ever.

It wasn't the girl from the nuclear episode anyway, hard to know the significance of what's been going on in these recent Roadhouse scenes. Another good episode though. Loved the reaction from Dougie to hearing Gordon Cole too. Do we think he'll finally wakeup in the next episode?

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
I know there's no real talk of ever having another season, but I really do wonder if he's leaving Cooper until the end to leave it on a tease to push for S4 with. The fans would lap it up for a start.

Amir

I know there's no real talk of ever having another season, but I really do wonder if he's leaving Cooper until the end to leave it on a tease to push for S4 with. The fans would lap it up for a start.
Even if we get three full Cooper episodes - which we won't, I'm certain we won't get even a full one - it won't be enough. Not nearly.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
End of season 3 will probably be a typical David Lynch ending without too many answers... as always. Doubtful they'll make a spin off, too.

I was hoing for more but in that case they better hurry to avoid Princess Leia situation in SW.

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
Even if we get three full Cooper episodes - which we won't, I'm certain we won't get even a full one - it won't be enough. Not nearly.
There was that one AV Club review about 3 episodes back that put it very well... It's called Twin Peaks:The Return, but the return part isn't about the show returning, it's about Cooper slowly returning.

Amir

There was that one AV Club review about 3 episodes back that put it very well... It's called Twin Peaks:The Return, but the return part isn't about the show returning, it's about Cooper slowly returning.
Yep, I read it. and they are right...

Hope for season 4, Twin Peaks: Cooper.

DWelbz19

They're resolving quite a few storylines, so I think we'll at least get the last 2 episodes revolving mostly around Cooper.

I hope. :nervous:

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Watching episode 16 now, which I didn't realise was already up on Sky On Demand until I got to the end of my re-watch of last weekend's episode :cool:

Roosney

Hot damn.

Audrey must be doing some sort of returning as well. Maybe still in a coma or something.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Off to disreputable sites of sharing I go then...
You're doing good work, investigating such sites in order to report them to the proper authorities - setting a good example for all :)

I've seen on another forum that users can't download the episode on Sky On Demand anymore, so seems like it was just an accidental release that's been removed rather than a conscious move given that Sky aren't showing the episode (sort of) live as normal because of Game of Thrones. The few of us who did manage to see it loved it though :D

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
You're doing good work, investigating such sites in order to report them to the proper authorities - setting a good example for all :)

I've seen on another forum that users can't download the episode on Sky On Demand anymore, so seems like it was just an accidental release that's been removed rather than a conscious move given that Sky aren't showing the episode (sort of) live as normal because of Game of Thrones. The few of us who did manage to see it loved it though :D
Arrrrgh I've failed so far unfortunately. Reckon I'll just have to wait til tomorrow.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Episode 16 is back up on Sky On Demand now.

Last edited: