Television Twin Peaks

Giggs86

Feels a bit like a cheap trick in a way, because it was done before in Season 2.

Not sure yet how I feel about it all.
Last 15 minutes of the finale I was like please don't end this with Coop and Laura driving in a car. After the ending (which was so creepy good with that scream) I was like wtf? This is it?
But then after letting it sink in for a while I think there is some sense that can be worked out from that.

I think that after Coop and Diane crossed over their identities have been tweaked as a reaction in some way. Coop still had his identity but it was mixed up with bad Coop's mannerism in the way he carried himself. They were also having different names and woke up in a different reality.

I don't know if Coop saved Laura when he traveled back because of all that past and future thing. He might have saved her but as a consequence he created a parallel universe.

When Coop asked what year is it, is there any chance that he is in the past, prior to the Palmers even moved to that house? As we know that Mrs Tremond and Mrs Chalfont exist in Twin Peaks, can it be that the Palmers bought that house from Mrs Tremond? Therefore Coop and Laura showed up at the house years before the Palmers actually moved there and maybe even before Laura was born?

Roosney

Not sure what to think or feel. It was an okay ending but also it didn't really fit in at all.
We went from blue rose mysteries to some time jumping thing. Feck off Frost and Lynch.

Last 15 minutes of the finale I was like please don't end this with Coop and Laura driving in a car. After the ending (which was so creepy good with that scream) I was like wtf? This is it?
But then after letting it sink in for a while I think there is some sense that can be worked out from that.

I think that after Coop and Diane crossed over their identities have been tweaked as a reaction in some way. Coop still had his identity but it was mixed up with bad Coop's mannerism in the way he carried himself. They were also having different names and woke up in a different reality.

I don't know if Coop saved Laura when he traveled back because of all that past and future thing. He might have saved her but as a consequence he created a parallel universe.

When Coop asked what year is it, is there any chance that he is in the past, prior to the Palmers even moved to that house? As we know that Mrs Tremond and Mrs Chalfont exist in Twin Peaks, can it be that the Palmers bought that house from Mrs Tremond? Therefore Coop and Laura showed up at the house years before the Palmers actually moved there and maybe even before Laura was born?
Yeah I thought of the possibilty that they're in the past but things don't look like they're in the seventies or so. I guess it's some parallel universe stuff going on.

Keenst

I think Coop sounded noticeably panicked when he was asking what date it was. It was like he was just realizing just how bad the situation was, that he was now stuck in a universe he doesn't know. With no way of knowing how to escape. Laura's scream was so creepy. The whole final episode felt like a nightmare, which I think was really fitting. I'm going to need time to process the whole thing but I'm feeling it was a fitting ending for an incredible show.

Keenst

Not sure what to think or feel. It was an okay ending but also it didn't really fit in at all.
We went from blue rose mysteries to some time jumping thing. Feck off Frost and Lynch.

Yeah I thought of the possibilty that they're in the past but things don't look like they're in the seventies or so. I guess it's some parallel universe stuff going on.
The blue rose mysterious could tie into this actually. Maybe this is how all those other agents went missing. Maybe Judy traps them in parallel universes. It was a very sad ending and there's definitely a disturbing element to what happened. I think evil prevailed in the end.

Giggs86

Yea it is kind of ambiguous. The only thing that may indicate an era is the Town Car that Coop drives, which we know is from the early 00's.

Kind of like an atomic bomb that manipulates particles in time and space, I think the same happened in that universe that was created after Coop has changed the events of the past. Places are not what they seem, people are not who they are.
Like a nightmare where you arrive to your street, everything looks the same and yet completely different.

Now I'm just trying to figure out what triggered Coop to ask what year is it, and why did it seem like Laura was as surprised as he was considering she was living in that universe. Guess they were both in some other place, and maybe that was the thing she whispered in his ear. Letting him know that by changing the past he will mess up the future as well, and they both will get stuck in that parallel universe.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I think it was always going to be extremely difficult for Frost and Lynch to end the show adequately here, so I guess I'll take it. I did quite enjoy Ep 17, not sure on Ep 18 at all.

Roosney

I think it was always going to be extremely difficult for Frost and Lynch to end the show adequately here, so I guess I'll take it. I did quite enjoy Ep 17, not sure on Ep 18 at all.
Yeah same here.
Part 17 was something for the grandkids but I feel let down by part 18. The time travel / parallel universe thing just wasn't Twin Peaks at all. I know Mike asked a couple of times "is it the future or the past" but no mention about changing or mixing timelines.

I'm okay with all the mysteries remaining unanswered and welcome even more mysteries in the dying seconds but this ending just wasn't right.

I really hope some day Lynch will drop clues on the plot like he did with Mulholland Drive.

LonelyFire

Yeah same here.
Part 17 was something for the grandkids but I feel let down by part 18. The time travel / parallel universe thing just wasn't Twin Peaks at all. I know Mike asked a couple of times "is it the future or the past" but no mention about changing or mixing timelines.

I'm okay with all the mysteries remaining unanswered and welcome even more mysteries in the dying seconds but this ending just wasn't right.

I really hope some day Lynch will drop clues on the plot like he did with Mulholland Drive.
It may not be that though. It's entirely plausible episode 18 was a dream that Laura had to wake up from, therefore, coming full circle to episode 1.

Roosney

It may not be that though. It's entirely plausible episode 18 was a dream that Laura had to wake up from, therefore, coming full circle to episode 1.
Episode 1 of which season? The first or the Return? Anyway I hope it's not a dream thing. What about Coop asking what year is it?

LonelyFire

Episode 1 of which season? The first or the Return? Anyway I hope it's not a dream thing. What about Coop asking what year is it?
The 1st episode of season 1 - hearing Sarah shout on Laura has echoes of the very first episode. Coop (if it even is "coop" as I'm not certain), asking what year it is doesn't make that any less plausible.

DWelbz19

Yeah, it was all a dream, and/or time travel tends to be the worst tropes a TV show can fall in to. Not even Lynch's kookiness can defend something like that.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Yeah, it was all a dream, and/or time travel tends to be the worst tropes a TV show can fall in to. Not even Lynch's kookiness can defend something like that.
Feels more justified with Lynch because his best work comes closer to mapping out the logic and texture of dreams than any other filmmaker. Not saying it isn't generally a cop out but seems like a redundant criticism when applied to him specifically.

Rake

The Fireman gave Copper the knowledge how to enter a new dimension, a dimension where Laura is still alive. Since Dale failed to save Laura in this one, he had to travel across. Hence the warning from Diane, that on the other side they might not even remember one another. The other issue was that Coopers's memories were not accurate because things went down a different path in the world he entered. The most possible outcome is that Cooper couldn't save Laura at the end of the episode and he will have to travel to another dimension in order to find her and try to save her again. Since Laura was sent to by the Fireman as an answer to the great evil unleashed upon the world, the fight for her soul is potentially endless. That is why Jeffries showed him the infinity symbol - if you go though this door, you will keep on trying to defeat the evil forever.

The Firestarter

The Fireman gave Copper the knowledge how to enter a new dimension, a dimension where Laura is still alive. Since Dale failed to save Laura in this one, he had to travel across. Hence the warning from Diane, that on the other side they might not even remember one another. The other issue was that Coopers's memories were not accurate because things went down a different path in the world he entered. The most possible outcome is that Cooper couldn't save Laura at the end of the episode and he will have to travel to another dimension in order to find her and try to save her again. Since Laura was sent to by the Fireman as an answer to the great evil unleashed upon the world, the fight for her soul is potentially endless. That is why Jeffries showed him the infinity symbol - if you go though this door, you will keep on trying to defeat the evil forever.
But her soul ascended (not sure what's the word here) in the first episodes of S3, didn't it?

Rake

But her soul ascended (not sure what's the word here) in the first episodes of S3, didn't it?
Did it ascend though? It looked like the Guardian Angel Laura said abandoned her returned but nothing more than that Additionally, We thought she is an ordinary person but later it is revealed that she isn't.

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
Finally saw the finale last night and like a couple of you will consider episode 17 as the true finale. Episode 18 left me confused, but not really angry or even wanting more. I've long ago come to the conclusion that there's no figuring out or solving some stuff in a David Lynch movie. No idea what that thing in the box was who killed the couple in NY. Or what the point of having Audrey and her husband was. I'll just say that I enjoyed it and glad that Lynch could finish telling the Twin Peaks story the way he wanted to. Some of the most interesting television I've prolly ever seen.

DWelbz19

Unless it happens really, really soon. I don't really think I want a S4 either. A lot of the cast have passed away, or are just really quite old now. I don't think an extra season will untangle the net, just given the way the show is. Lynch isn't really the type for major exposition.

Giggs86

That's the greatness of Lynch really. It's been a week and a half since the finale and there hasn't been a day since that I didn't spend time analyzing what just happened.

I even started rewatching the first season. Really great to see how things that happened 25 years ago connect to things in the last season. If Lynch knew he'd create a third season 25 years ago it's amazing.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
I enjoy Lynch and love Twin Peaks, but it's clear he makes a hell of a lot of it up as he goes along.

It's nice to think he planned exactly this 25 years ago, but no. I don't believe that for a second.

Giggs86

Unless it happens really, really soon. I don't really think I want a S4 either. A lot of the cast have passed away, or are just really quite old now. I don't think an extra season will untangle the net, just given the way the show is. Lynch isn't really the type for major exposition.
Yep, no chance of a fourth season IMO. Coop's farewell to everyone in the sheriff's office (including us the viewers with his face stretched across the screen in the background) seals it.
Shame we only got an episode and a half of Agent Cooper. With that being said, hopefully Kyle MacLachlan will reap all the big awards for portraying at least three different characters perfectly.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
What a weird show. Covers about five or six genres effortlessly and is very 90s. Will probably binge season 2 and 3 over the next week or so. Found Season 1 weird because certain characters are absolutely brilliant while others feel a bit...eh. But very entertaining and very 80s and 90s all the same.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Well that third season was fecking mental.:lol:

Hopefully they'll do another one at some point.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Did Jerry Horne ever make it out of the woods?
Ben gets a call in episode 17 from some police officer saying Jerry thinks he's killed someone (Richard presumably) with his binoculars.:lol:

So I presume he gets returned home to the Great Northern. Ben and Jerry were great in general this season though.

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Leaving A Breakfast On All Of Your Doorsteps
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
I won't post em here, but Mark Frost is releasing a book called "Twin Peaks:The Final Dossier" following Agent Tammy Preston after the finale and there are a looooot of explanations/spoilers. None of them that I've seen are happy either unfortunately.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
I won't post em here, but Mark Frost is releasing a book called "Twin Peaks:The Final Dossier" following Agent Tammy Preston after the finale and there are a looooot of explanations/spoilers. None of them that I've seen are happy either unfortunately.
Yeah, haven't read it but saw that it resolves a lot of issues regarding characters who didn't appear or whose storylines seemed unresolved. And aye, a lot of the stories always seemed quite grim.:lol: