Twitter Discussion [Archive]

Status
Not open for further replies.

red_devil83

12 million is alot, he wants to leave and he is on a one year deal, 30 years old. Why do I always have the feeling every team is charging us a premium tax on whatever we are spending. I'd say 6-8 milion euros is about right for De Jong considering the circumstances. I bet you any other team could get him for a figure in that area, but we are paying 12 mil euros...Now I don't mind the couple of million as I know we got plenty but it is just an assessment, we are systematically overpaying for anyone now.
Sadly we're not in a position to negotiate effectively. It's late in the window, we've fallen from the podium, we blabbed about how much money we have. All of these factors are going to add to prices.

I think if we're back in the CL next season, we'll be able to do our business earlier and cheaper. LvG will have had time to identify who he wants for the long run too.

lysglimt

Scout
This would go from one of our worst to one of our best teams of the PL era very, very quickly if we somehow pulled this off.
Well - regardless of what happens now - if we sign di Maria (which looks 99,9% likely) - Woodward certainly has redeemed himself

Loon

:lol:
Di Maria is great, but I will be gutted if we don't sign a CMF to get the ball for him.

Jev

More expensive than Ronaldo then? Great to have him but my god we are bad at negotiating transfers.

Silverman

Papers have all been full of shit wrt the fee. Trying to show our desperation etc by quoting the highest fee. By all accounts it was "rising" to £64m+ with add ons etc.
It's a lot of money but we have to spend it to get back to where we want to be. I wouldn't mind spending the same on Vidal as long as his knee has recovered.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
It's a lot of money but we have to spend it to get back to where we want to be. I wouldn't mind spending the same on Vidal as long as his knee has recovered.
Yep, feck the money. It's less of a dividend to the Glazers so it's all good ;)

Seriously though, he's probably worth around £50m in today's market - but we're not in a strong position etc so overpaid abit.

Extremely excited! Wasn't even this excited about Mata tbh

Status
Not open for further replies.