Twitter Discussion [Archive]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash_G

I'd beginning to garner that most top-players with huge personal endorsements, may have clauses in their deals that reduce their dosh if they're not playin in the Champions League etc..

If a player has to choose a club: Arsenal & Liverpool versus United = we should win hands down, unless they're offering more wages..
Not necessarily, sometimes you'd imagine a player will look at how a team plays and think what they would enjoy more. At the end of the day if you're leaving somewhere like Barca you're chances of winning the top trophies is likely less anyway so then for more level headed players anyway whilst wages will be a big factor you're also going to weigh what you'll enjoy. Arsenal for example can offer a particular style of football than none of the other top clubs in England really offer whilst being in a probably more favorable destination than the north.

What I would say is that I think if you're Sanchez and you've got a chance to go to Arsenal who are likely going to keep all their top players and you're adding to that compared to a choice to join Liverpool who are going to lose a player who's been a clear difference maker for them then I'd have thought unless they're told you of some top moves they've got lined up then it's a simpler choice. Especially as for Sanchez knowing he could be playing with Ozil who would be a great team mate for him is going to be attractive.

In terms of us going for him though I just don't think a lack of CL this year should be a massive factor. Just like I'm sure our non CL isn't having a massive impact on negotiations with shirt sponsors this year, ultimately these corporations/agents are going to look long term in these deals. I think for most objective observers last year was much more likely a blip than anything else. We've got a much better chance of getting top four than say Liverpool without Suarez I'd say. And so similarly for a player, whilst I'm sure there might be some penalty for not being in CL one year odds are long term if they came here they would be and probably with a better chance to go further. Plus I'm sure we could make up any difference in one of bonuses etc.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
Or maybe, just maybe - nothing is happening behind the scenes yet as Vidal and Sanchez are on holiday after just playing long seasons?
As someone else replied, Sanchez cut his holiday short to sort out his future.

These players agents are always working away in the background. If things start to move quickly, then holidays will definitely get cut short if needed.

FromTheBench

Yeah, has had a pretty averagish squad affected by Injuries to work with too which has further got dented by injuries during the Tourney now.

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
"I said a hip hop, hippie to the hippie..."
United are atleast among the top 2 or 3 most marketable clubs in the World if not the most marketable playing in the most well marketed league. I don't think playing 1 season out of CL would matter much to sponsors compared to alternatives and he has hardly Ronaldo/Messi money riding on him and it can be compensated in terms of little bit of wages or such a clause in his contract easily if it was a issue.

From the Players POV too he's not the oldest and United would be more likely to win the UCL next few years or more titles than Arsenal or Liverpool probably plus we can give bigger wages as well for a top player plus he has spoken fondly of United in past. For all you know Arsenal may find it difficult this year in the qualifiers.

I don't think we are in for him at all for whatever reason right now, otherwise we would have a pretty good shot at getting him. We haven't even been linked that much with him or linked at all from any semi - reliable source.
The moral of the story from what i was sayin is, it doesnt make any sense that he'd choose Pool or Arsenal over us - unless they were offering more wages or there were other reasons. Its hard to believe we're not in for Sanchez - which maybe we arent..

Maybe we have an agreement with Juve, that if we dont go for Sanchez (who they want) - we can have Vidal for an agreed price & maybe Evra is part of that deal?!

mata10

TURIN - The World "unfreeze" the big names Bianconeri - the last in the race, the Frenchman Paul Pogba, was released Friday in the quarterfinals against Germany - and the market Juve enters the stage warmer. Start to Beppe Marotta and Fabio Guild, the time in which to push to make the couple of shots from close by the beginning of withdrawal (July 14 Vinovo). But not only that, because the entry requirements go hand in hand with the desire to continue to protect against attacks that will inevitably be brought to the samples of the rose. Difficult to exclude from the market, despite the € 27.3 million received to date (as shown in the table accompanying the article photographing the amount of the expenses to 17.5 million). For months, leaders Juventus are quick to deny that Arturo Vidal and Paul Pogba can be sold, often to the reiterated that the one and the other will remain at the disposal of Antonio Conte. Until, of Corso Galileo Ferraris, will go to the two impermealizzare from any external flattery? The answer, philosophically, was provided by the former president. Andrea Agnelli said: "The problem, in keeping Pogba, will occur if it were to get a great offer."Quantifying the speech, if and when a club were to put on the plate, from 70 million and up, for the sample of Lagny-sur-Marne, here at Juve, at least, it would open the debate on whether or not to sell the ' Former United. Also because with Mino Raiola, the agent of Pogba, the Bianconeri are exposed: the midfielder will spend at least one more season in Turin, but in the absence of essential tenders that were received. Precisely those from 70 million forward. STRATEGIES - These days, in the capitals of European football noble, more of a club is given in the process of moving on Pogba. Young (21 years old) and with the stigmata of the star players, that is the prototype of the player for which the big international love splurging. Maybe Real Madrid, who already dance with Chelsea for Toni Kroos, you may proceed with a half-revolution in the median back to the office for the French. "Pogba and Vidal are not on the agenda", said a few days ago Andoni Zubizarreta, sporting director of FC Barcelona. In the case of strategy or truth, you will discover very hot in the next two weeks, the definition of which will be Juve. Even in England there are at least three companies far from insensible to the charms of Pogba. United, who succumbed to it for a loaf of bread has never stopped rosicare, the City, which is rumored to have mentioned it in the context of surveys carried out by the Bianconeri to Matija Nastasic, and the same Chelsea who, having sold David Luiz to PSG for 60 million, he finds himself with a nice treasure to invest. It's not over, because even the Bayern Monaco has never stopped buzzing around the midfield. As the same PSG, despite the outlay for the defense of Brazil, is a potential buyer for Pogba
Article in tutto sport regarding sale of pogba.

FromTheBench

Madness if true, really. Rakete is a great player, but Kroos has potential to be a top five, maybe even top three in the world.
Bayern seem to disagree with you on top 5/top 3 stuff quite clearly. Kroos i see similar to Ozil last summer anyway. Sometimes the timing doesn't fit.

Kroos is signing for Madrid apparently. Catalan press ofcourse would say that he was rejected for Rakitic etc.. and Rakitic is a pretty good player too actually.

Also, re the tweet above why the hell would we sell Evra for 1 million euros ?

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
I thought Evra didn't, and it was an unilateral clause in the contract?
No idea how these things work to be honest, just posting the tweet. I would have thought the player has some sort of say in the renewal though, or at least what terms he renews under.

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
Not necessarily, sometimes you'd imagine a player will look at how a team plays and think what they would enjoy more. At the end of the day if you're leaving somewhere like Barca you're chances of winning the top trophies is likely less anyway so then for more level headed players anyway whilst wages will be a big factor you're also going to weigh what you'll enjoy. Arsenal for example can offer a particular style of football than none of the other top clubs in England really offer whilst being in a probably more favorable destination than the north.

What I would say is that I think if you're Sanchez and you've got a chance to go to Arsenal who are likely going to keep all their top players and you're adding to that compared to a choice to join Liverpool who are going to lose a player who's been a clear difference maker for them then I'd have thought unless they're told you of some top moves they've got lined up then it's a simpler choice. Especially as for Sanchez knowing he could be playing with Ozil who would be a great team mate for him is going to be attractive.

In terms of us going for him though I just don't think a lack of CL this year should be a massive factor. Just like I'm sure our non CL isn't having a massive impact on negotiations with shirt sponsors this year, ultimately these corporations/agents are going to look long term in these deals. I think for most objective observers last year was much more likely a blip than anything else. We've got a much better chance of getting top four than say Liverpool without Suarez I'd say. And so similarly for a player, whilst I'm sure there might be some penalty for not being in CL one year odds are long term if they came here they would be and probably with a better chance to go further. Plus I'm sure we could make up any difference in one of bonuses etc.
The moral of the story from what i was sayin is, it doesnt make any sense that he'd choose Pool or Arsenal over us - unless they were offering more wages or there were other reasons. Its hard to believe we're not in for Sanchez - which maybe we arent..

Maybe we have an agreement with Juve, that if we dont go for Sanchez (who they want) - we can have Vidal for an agreed price & maybe Evra is part of that deal?!
Sorry to quote myself & not respectfully replying to your post, but there's no point re-typing a re-worded opinion sometimes..

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Bayern seem to disagree with you on top 5/top 3 stuff quite clearly.
Well no, Bayern disagree with the money he wants, which is a bit absurd. He deserves to be on a wage packet similar to Gotze, who almost earns double him.

FromTheBench

Well no, Bayern disagree with the money he wants, which is a bit absurd. He deserves to be on a wage packet similar to Gotze, who almost earns double him.
If they thought he had potential to be as good as you said then they would make him par with their top earners. Or why wouldn't they ?

From the reports so far, it seems they don't wanna because they see him as bit lazy who blows hot and cold too much and not among their extreme top players who are essential. They maybe wrong eventually but guess that is what they feel right now.

DWelbz19

If they thought he had potential to be as good as you said then they would make him par with their top earners. Or why wouldn't they ?

From the reports so far, it seems they don't wanna because they see him as bit lazy who blows hot and cold too much and not among their extreme top players who are essential. They maybe wrong eventually but guess that is what they feel right now.
Because clubs have never made irrational decisions and let their hubris get in the way before, right? Currently Kroos is easily a top performer. I only see Robben, Muller, Lahm and Neuer who were more pivotal last season. If they sell him I'm certain they will regret it, not in the future but very instantly.

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
No idea how these things work to be honest, just posting the tweet. I would have thought the player has some sort of say in the renewal though, or at least what terms he renews under.
Thats contrary to some posts on here, that have said United had the option for the 1 year extension - exercised it, and Evra could do f*ck all about it. He had to stay..

To me, thats just mental. The option to exercise the 1 year extension surely must be agreed by both parties!

What baffles me, is that Evra (just recently) seemed well up for Van Gaal being the strong disciplinarian & workin with him, & now we hear he wants off to Juve?! Baffling!!

FromTheBench

Thats contrary to some posts on here, that have said United had the option for the 1 year extension - exercised it, and Evra could do f*ck all about it. He had to stay..

To me, thats just mental. The option to exercise the 1 year extension surely must be agreed by both parties!

What baffles me, is that Evra (just recently) seemed well up for Van Gaal being the strong disciplinarian & workin with him, & now we hear he wants off to Juve?! Baffling!!
Think he agreed to that clause when he signed the last deal.

Would probably be something along the lines of if he made these many appearances/starts in his last season then United can exercise a 1 year extension.

It's just making a straight 3 year deal or whatever he signed into 2 + 1 given his age, i guess.

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
Madness if true, really. Rakete is a great player, but Kroos has potential to be a top five, maybe even top three in the world.
To be honest man - i'm not as bothered about missing out on Kroos as i once was. I dig what Pepe has reportedly said about Kroos slowing everything down too much. He's done that in the WC. He's no Scholesy thats for sure!

I'd much prefer we get an energetic CM player who can pass brilliantly & also helps the team too - top to bottom. Remind you of anyone?

We have a similar fella in Herrera, already here also..

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
Is he to be believed? So many different media outlets are reporting there is contact, some say offer been made, some say we haven't made any contact.
If he's sayin that - its Gospel as far as i'm concerned..

Thats a big statement to come out with & given his links / relationship to the club & MEN's top United correspondent - he wouldnt say that if it werent correct!

J-Stander

Ian Herbert of the Independent said the same thing a couple of days ago as well.

Fergie's Man

Suffers Snails fetish
Is he to be believed? So many different media outlets are reporting there is contact, some say offer been made, some say we haven't made any contact.

If anything, the club will have spoken to his agent and sounded out his interest in the move. If there isn't a positive response they will not consider contacting the club about a price.

If I was negotiating with Juventus, I would wait until they are desperate to raise funds in their pursuit of Sanchez, which shouldn't be too long away.

saivet

I think here in the UK most are saying nothing has happened as of yet but other in Italy they seem to think contacts has occurred. Anyone, correct me if I'm wrong here,

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
What a great lad he is, so down to earth & gettin to know all about the place. Thats what fans want to see - he's making the effort for the future :devil:

Seriously, English footballers could learn alot from these foreign fellas...

Most of their tweets are vulgar or biggin themselves up..

Here lies the reason behind a shite national team!

DWelbz19

To be honest man - i'm not as bothered about missing out on Kroos as i once was. I dig what Pepe has reportedly said about Kroos slowing everything down too much. He's done that in the WC. He's no Scholesy thats for sure!

I'd much prefer we get an energetic CM player who can pass brilliantly & also helps the team too - top to bottom. Remind you of anyone?

We have a similar fella in Herrera, already here also..
Oh believe me I'm one of Ander's biggest fan, he was the player I wanted us to sign over anyone, but I rate Kroos very highly too. When did Pep say that? Sounds like a bit of sensationalism, and has been one of Germany's best player in the WC.

Sherzad

What a great lad he is, so down to earth & gettin to know all about the place. Thats what fans want to see - he's making the effort for the future :devil:

Seriously, English footballers could learn alot from these foreign fellas...

Most of their tweets are vulgar or biggin themselves up..

Here lies the reason behind a shite national team!
Waite for it, he will probably end up with #5unity cap soon.

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
Think he agreed to that clause when he signed the last deal.

Would probably be something along the lines of if he made these many appearances/starts in his last season then United can exercise a 1 year extension.

It's just making a straight 3 year deal or whatever he signed into 2 + 1 given his age, i guess.
Good point man..

"You want a 3 year extension, but we're offering you only a 2 year extension due to your age.."

The player agrees to it, but both parties agree to a 3rd year extension clause if the club feels the player is worth keepin on for another year at the end of the 2 years..

Makes sense..

Status
Not open for further replies.