Twitter Discussion [Archive]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stretch

It might very well be true. We paying Ashley Young around 120k aren't we? Also, we weren't the only club in for him with Chelsea also sniffing around so I don't think it's that unbelievable that we've 'out offered' Chelsea to make sure we get our man.

Amir

Ben Fairthorne doesn't exist. Well, maybe he does but he certainly isn't a journo who has worked with x, y and z company and has a zillion sources. He's indykaila with a dicky bow.

When I, and a lot of others, view the twitter thread, we want to see actual news, not utter crap spouted by ITK69 about something plucked from their arsecrack and retweeted and favourited into oblivion just because it links Suarez with a move to Caledonian Thistle or some other nonsense.
Yeah, I don't get why people bother. It's easier when someone identifies 'with their own name' and says where he worked because all you have to do is Google it. The fact he gives out 'his name' gives him credibility, but his Twitter personna isn't real and he's no different to others. No point bothering with him.

Santos J

It might very well be true. We paying Ashley Young around 120k aren't we? Also, we weren't the only club in for him with Chelsea also sniffing around so I don't think it's that unbelievable that we've 'out offered' Chelsea to make sure we get our man.
Highly doubt he'll come in and be our 3rd/4th highest earner. Hardly a credible source either.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Like feck we'll pay an 18yr old 160k.

Goal.com strikes again.

Paolo Di Canio

"we have to realise it's a doggy dog market"
27 million and 160k per week really shows why most clubs should just go foreign, this british tax is getting more ridiculous by the year, we better be signing the next maldini if this is the case

penalty snot

There needs to be a twitter equivalent of Karl Pilkington's "Bullshit Man", were he just responds to tweets with "bullshit" and then moves on to the next one.

mata10

FFS its goal, i would say he is on half that and that is good. Goal are just wumming.

NK86

Like feck we'll pay an 18yr old 160k.

Goal.com strikes again.
If we actually do think he is worth it, Woodward needs a good wobble to wake him up from his fairyland!

mata10

Its also on marca and sport. Anyone know how good he is?

Stretch

Highly doubt he'll come in and be our 3rd/4th highest earner. Hardly a credible source either.
Again it's debatable. We've lost quite a few high earners so there's some wages freed up. If we really wanted him badly then I can believe he will be offered good wages to block any other clubs out of the deal completely. We simply don't know. I'm simply saying that to say it's BS is uninformed and there are some logical reasons as to why we would offer that much.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout

Its also on marca and sport. Anyone know how good he is?
Very good was awesome for Montpellier. He is very technical but doesn't have 1 inch of physicality in him.

SlyFiz

160k a week for Shaw sounds like something Chelsea would leak, giving their fans an excuse as to why they couldn't get him perhaps?

mata10

Joe cole completes a medical! What does a medical consist of off?

legball

160k a week for Shaw sounds like something Chelsea would leak, giving their fans an excuse as to why they couldn't get him perhaps?
This, anyone who actually believes United will pay him this needs their head checking.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
no way will a lad under the age of 21 get that type of deal at United. Dont even think Chelsea or City would even pay those wages themselves for Shaw.

Status
Not open for further replies.