Twitter Discussion [Archive]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hal9000

£40m net spend isn't it?

How much have they spent so far on Zuculini(EDIT: Googled, 1.5m)? I know it's 12m for Fernando? I guess a lot depends on if Negredo goes back home, and they ditch Rodwell? What about their homegrown limit, surely they're short on English players for that punishment so far?
They need a centre back. They won't let Negredo go imho, especially with Aguero injured every 4 games...

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Might want to check the date on that one! Providing it's not a WUM of course...
I know the date. This was the previous work of the "reporter" claiming that Sanchez to Arsenal is all but done.

Devil may care

Yet again it doesn't matter for what reason a player is cheap. It's our job to find and secure the bargains.
If we can't get a decent price for Vidal for one reason or another - move on. Simple as that. If we're not getting him for a decent price, look at other targets. That's how any other club is doing it and I can't believe I have to mention that...

50m is definately too much for Vidal if we're talking about value. And since we're not bleeding for a CM anymore, there is no reason to pay silly prices. And by the way: Yes, Juve have reasons to sell. They need money to fund other signings and Vidal could earn alot more money elsewhere. There are reasons to sell...
No, it's our job to bring the best players to Manchester United and the players the manager wants, not to play bargain hunt. Vidal is the best CM in the world and we should pay the going rate, I can't believe I need to say that. Buying cheapo just for the sake of it is not the way to go.

£50M for the best CM in the world is about right in today's market and we are still bleeding for a CM, we need to completely overhaul that area of the team, one buy isn't going to cut it. Juve are a huge club, this idea that they MUST sell is wide of the mark, if they can get top dollar I think it's common knowledge they will sell one of their assets, but they aren't going to sell on the cheap as they aren't desperate.

Last edited:

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
If he's our 'principle target' then why should Juve expected an offer soon, why not make one now?! This guy clearly knows nothing.
Adam is pretty decent. Big transfer take time, we might be talking to Vidal's agent and working things out. The club might be considering the bid also, it's a lot of money so they might want to look at the other players before they make the move. It's not as simple as putting in a bid.

FromTheBench

The most exciting player i have watched.
He and Fat Ronaldo both for me when they got going.

Ronaldinho though for that 2-3 year period was something else. Tremendous fun to watch and class at the same time.

mata10

He and Fat Ronaldo both for me when they got going.

Ronaldinho though for that 2-3 year period was something else. Tremendous fun to watch and class at the same time.
No one hated him. Undoubtedly the best during his best years. Messi and ronaldo may be new age goal machines but ronaldinho was a skillful genius, he made me happy. Gutted we missed out on him. fecking kenyon.

FromTheBench

You'd imagine Chelsea will be watching developments on that one. They've been linked with him a fair amount.
Chelsea have some sort of Clause on him where they can buy him first for some amount.

They will have to forego it first i imagine or Markovic will have to choose Liverpool clearly.

The United Irishman

"Martial is championship material at best"
As someone else replied, Sanchez cut his holiday short to sort out his future.

These players agents are always working away in the background. If things start to move quickly, then holidays will definitely get cut short if needed.
And surely you would enjoy a holiday more if your future is sorted too.

Devil may care

It's odd that Liverpool are chasing another wide attacker when they have just bought Lallana, and yet we are not and still have oodles of dreck out there.

saivet

Yeah, never heard of this guy. How good is he, or how good can he become?

ThanksBoss26

Chelsea have some sort of Clause on him where they can buy him first for some amount.

They will have to forego it first i imagine or Markovic will have to choose Liverpool clearly.
With Luiz, Ramires and Matic all making the move to Chelsea from Benfica in recent years, it wouldn't surprise me if they snap up Markovic too. They may even loan him back there for the season if they're not planning on using him straight away. I'd be surprised if they don't have a say in this yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.