Twitter Discussion [Archive]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 78215

Man utd are clearly only telling journos if we want a player if are close to signing that particular player of interest.

This is the right thing to do it in order to avoid embarrassment. Woody is learning fast, I am beginning to really like him. He is not only a financial inept, but a very good CEO..
I think you mean 'adept'.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Imagine.... Di Maria & Vidal in the last week of the window...

Don't get drawn in ffs!!
If Woody pulls that off then the Blue Fairy will finally fulfil his wish and turn him into a real boy.

Leg-End

Vidal for £35 million + Hernandez, I'd make that deal every single time.

Likelyhood of it actually being true? 1%.

Dominos

The suggestion that we've baulked at the £34m asking price for Vidal I find hard to believe. Ian Herbert is meant to be decent though isn't he?

Also from the article. Good news I think, didn't want him.

The indication from Old Trafford – where Di Maria is expected to be announced as a United player for a fee of around £60m on Tuesday – is that Milan’s Nigel de Jong will not be joining the club as a back-up option for Vidal.

RetroStu

The suggestion that we've baulked at the £34m asking price for Vidal I find hard to believe. Ian Herbert is meant to be decent though isn't he?

I'd take De Jong over not buying any midfielder but yeah if this is true then a positive way of looking at it is that we are lining up someone better than De Jong (please be Vidal!).
I just simply don't believe that we won't be buying another centre midfielder before the window shuts.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist

This almost certainly what will happen. We but Di Maria for £60m and they get him for Reus for £35m. I am not saying we should not have signed Di Maria or he is over priced, but £35m is a steal for Reus.
After selling di maria for 60m, I'm pretty sure Dortmund would need an offer of pretty much the same price to accept. No way in hell would they accept 35m right now.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Banning tweets from actual journalists just because you don't like their opinions is really silly. Not all info they get can be accurate. Duncan Castles has gotten plenty of things right as well. The guy writes for Times after all. That Bruin guy shouldn't be banned either, obviously has sources within the club.
Agree. I don't particularly rate Castles but the fact that he is an actual journalist who writes for The Times should be enough to keep him off the banned list.

Surely Ballague proved that journalists we often accuse of spouting shite can sometimes be worth listening to anyway?

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Ballague has been spot on with Mata and now Di Maria. We should finally cut him some slack.
We don't laugh at his bullshit, he doesn't just spew fake deals, otherwise Sky would have got shot of him long ago. The issue is he is out the loop sometimes and pretends not to be. Then he goes on Revista and gives reasons to things such as why Ronaldo doesn't seem happy, as though he has just been talking to him on the phone.

DeMono

Only comes into affect next year. Clause recently been rumored to be even lower actually.

Think Bayern seem most likely for him.
I thought everyone was on the same page that Real Madrid will/might get Reus NEXT year. Sorry for the confusion.

The Red Thinker

This almost certainly what will happen. We but Di Maria for £60m and they get him for Reus for £35m. I am not saying we should not have signed Di Maria or he is over priced, but £35m is a steal for Reus.
Di Maria is at the very top of his game. He's the highest assist maker amongst all the big leagues and he's without doubt one of that top 5 players in the world in what he does. Add to the fact we have weak transfer negotiating power at the moment and we'd anyway be overpaying for Reus. Trust in the deal, we've got a superstar in our hands.

ravi2

Judging from our last few transfers, money isnt our problem. If LVG really wants Vidal, we'll get him.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)

Will still struggle to fit him in. This Rodriguez deal caused a lot of problems and I don't think Reus is going to want to move there because they aren't going to play either him or Ronaldo as an out and out striker.

ravi2

Vidal for £35 million + Hernandez, I'd make that deal every single time.
Likelyhood of it actually being true? 1%.
Id say the fee would be around £40 million + Hernandez but our chances of getting Vidal is a bit more than 1% IMO. :cool:

ravi2

Will still struggle to fit him in. This Rodriguez deal caused a lot of problems and I don't think Reus is going to want to move there because they aren't going to play either him or Ronaldo as an out and out striker.
I can see PSG going for Hazard and Chelsea for Reus next summer.

RDCR07

I can see PSG going for Hazard ans Chelsea for Reus.
Hazard is going to cost them somewhere in the region of another £50m+. It depends on how much revenue they can generate this year. Also Chelsea are stronger than PSG at the moment. I don't know why he would want to leave.

Sir Matt

Blue Devil

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Alex Shaw on Twitter defending Balague. Saying that he has a ridiculous amount contacts etc.

Jagga7

Apparently he wants it to be a permanent move. How much would Chelsea be able to sell him for? :lol:
I doubt Milan would pay more than 15mil for him to be fair.
The problem is his massive wages but I guess Chelsea will subsidy a lot just to get rid of him.

RDCR07

Apparently he wants it to be a permanent move. How much would Chelsea be able to sell him for? :lol:
I doubt Milan would pay more than 15mil for him to be fair.
£15m? They aren't going to spend the Balotelli money entirely on Torres. That would be a shit deal for Milan.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
I never understood why Balague faced such criticism on RedCafe, he's called quite a lot right... He sussed de Gea to United a good few months in advance.

mufcwarm92

Anyone listening to Talksport? Just had Mitten on, who said despite the Dutch claims United denied there had been any talks. Also said he thought United would be happy with their lot if the deadline arrived and no one else was brought in...

Last edited:

RDCR07

Anyone listening to Talksport? Just had Mitten on, who said despite the Dutch claims United denied there had been any talks. Also said he thought United would be happy with their lot if the deadlines arrived no one else was brought in...
Oh dear, I don't think any of the fans would be.

Status
Not open for further replies.