Twitter Discussion [Archive]

Status
Not open for further replies.

032Devil

Agree. I don't particularly rate Castles but the fact that he is an actual journalist who writes for The Times should be enough to keep him off the banned list.

Surely Ballague proved that journalists we often accuse of spouting shite can sometimes be worth listening to anyway?
I don't see why. The Times is the shittiest of the qualities.

Name Changed

weso26
The suggestion that we've baulked at the £34m asking price for Vidal I find hard to believe. Ian Herbert is meant to be decent though isn't he?

Also from the article. Good news I think, didn't want him.
I'd find that extremely hard to believe also. Van Gaal clearly loves Vidal, so 35m is definitely not that much for one of the best midfielders in the world that is also a personal favourite of the manager.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Anyone listening to Talksport? Just had Mitten on, who said despite the Dutch claims United denied there had been any talks. Also said he thought United would be happy with their lot if the deadline arrived and no one else was brought in...
Talks for Blind I assume? Seems that there aren't many reports in the Dutch papers about Blind, it's mainly from England.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I never understood why Balague faced such criticism on RedCafe, he's called quite a lot right... He sussed de Gea to United a good few months in advance.
One word: Thiago.

Trizy

If we sign Vidal on top of Shaw, Herrera, Rojo & Di Maria I think I'll.. actually I've no idea what I'll do, it'd be such a huge mix of emotions to deal with :nervous:

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
It's Ajax vs PSV. Scouts from lots of big clubs would be there.
I'm pretty sure LvG and his crew would know about all of the players on show. All the ones that matter, at least.

FromTheBench

I'm pretty sure LvG and his crew would know about all of the players on show. All the ones that matter, at least.
Still got to track their progress etc.. Many young talents who no one can predict at what rate they will mature for example.

Suggs

Surprised we haven't looked at Lars Bender. I expected Van Gaal to bring a couple German players.
Leverkusen has been pretty adamant that they won't sell him and the player himself said that he'd like to stay (i think i remember reading that somewhere at least).

Also, isn't he injured? Wasn't involved against FC København in their midweek ChL clash.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Ian Herbert and Jamie Jackson are both saying we'll make a move for Vidal. Ogden saying we're worried about his knee.

Dominos

Said Fabregas wasn't going to Chelsea though. About an hour later it was announced.
I don't recall that and seems very unlikely he categorically said Fabregas wouldn't be joining Chelsea. He probably said it wasn't completely finalised or something along those lines.

One thing I wouldn't doubt is his contacts with Spain's squad. Mata/Torres/Alonso he clearly has very good links with, at least.

Suggs

Ian Herbert and Jamie Jackson are both saying we'll make a move for Vidal. Ogden saying we're worried about his knee.
Jamie Jackson mentions that in his article as well.
http://www.theguardian.com/football...ngel-di-maria-transfer-real-madrid?CMP=twt_gu

''Louis van Gaal wants to add at least one central midfielder plus another central defender, with Vidal considered his priority. With the manager having harboured doubts about the Chilean midfielder’s knee injury that caused him to play at Brazil 2014 in a half-fit condition, plus the club’s awareness that Juventus are minded to sell, the strategy will be to try to force Vidal’s sale through for an acceptable price before 1 September.''

hobbers

Bidding late on makes sense for Vidal, but doesn't make sense for Blind.

Suggests LvG really doesn't rate him much. Can only be a back up option.

Raul Madrid

He is a good journalist and gets a lot of unfair grief. He seems like a decent person too and I love reading his blogs and books. He is very passionate and knowledgeable about the game and unbiased in his opinion which is something I respect a lot in people.

Status
Not open for further replies.