Twitter Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

walsh

It's probably irrelevant as we won't get any of them (most likely) but I'd much prefer Schweinsteiger/Kroos over Cesc. If it comes down to it though, I won't turn my nose up at signing him, he's no doubt a quality footballer.

Devil may care

I don't think so. He drifted out of many U21 games this year, whereas the likes of Januzaj and Pogba tended to boss them quite consistently. He needs at least another year, in my opinion.
Maybe eventually but the first order of business for him is to perform consistently for the u21s. He's still very hot and cold.
Would he benefit from a loan or is he best off with another season in the reserves?

Sid234

How the hell can we "outbid" Chelsea's wages, but not even made a bid yet.. One, Tancredi's a massive windup, and two, Barca are trying their best to drum up interest in Cesc..

lysglimt

Scout
Could it be a case of bad typing - that he actually means to say that Fabregas rather than Barca, prefers Chelsea ?

RedRover

Good lord, he could at least put some effort in to make that plausible. How do you bid on wages before bidding on the player, and considering we are out of eurbope altogether why would barca prefer he go to chelsea.
Clubs will regularly agree personal terms with a players agent before making an offer I suspect. Stops them wasting time agreeing a fee then being turned down by the player.

PSingh

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
How the hell can we "outbid" Chelsea's wages, but not even made a bid yet.. One, Tancredi's a massive windup, and two, Barca are trying their best to drum up interest in Cesc..
Was thinking the same thing. I thought it was tapping up if you spoke to the player before speaking to the club? It doesn't make sense why they would prefer Chelsea over us. Surely with Mou being the Chelsea manager there is a bit of bad blood between him and Barca, not sure why they would rather sell him to Chelsea over us. Also thought they would rather sell to a team out of the CL.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Terry Mardi is very close to an insult in Punjabi. It kind of means "your mum." It shouldn't have to be said, but take with a huge punch of salt.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Terry Mardi is very close to an insult in Punjabi. It kind of means "your mum." It shouldn't have to be said, but take with a huge punch of salt.
Mardi's account is a bs one. Not worth posting his tweets here, though that tweet there was just linking something said elsewhere.

SammyUnited_83

Good lord, he could at least put some effort in to make that plausible. How do you bid on wages before bidding on the player, and considering we are out of eurbope altogether why would barca prefer he go to chelsea.
It's obviously bull crap due to the source, but if I was Barca I would probably prefer Chelsea. Let's face it they have an owner that doesn't penny pinch, we on the other hand bid £25mil last year!!!

Plugsy

Welbz iz '*** guy who realises England have no chance of winning the World Cup but he can use the free flights and board to pick up some chicks on the beach.

Edit: What is wrong with the word D A T?

Seems to be working so far, look at him surrounded by clunge

mata10

I actually read it as "terry di maa di" laughed and checked again.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Welbz iz '*** guy who realises England have no chance of winning the World Cup but he can use the free flights and board to pick up some chicks on the beach.

Aside from the fact it isn't a word?

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff

Not a word. Text speak. The word 'this' with 'th' being replaced by 'd' is also censored.

RedRover

Was thinking the same thing. I thought it was tapping up if you spoke to the player before speaking to the club? It doesn't make sense why they would prefer Chelsea over us. Surely with Mou being the Chelsea manager there is a bit of bad blood between him and Barca, not sure why they would rather sell him to Chelsea over us. Also thought they would rather sell to a team out of the CL.
Players get tapped up all the time. Clubs don't complain because they all do it and its difficult to prove. You send your "intermediaries" to meet with theirs. Nothing official I suspect.

With the top players they'll be into the agents etc to see if a deal is possible before they bother with a bid. To think anything else is naive.

Brophs

The One and Only
Another season for the u21s won't do him any harm. He still has a lot to prove at that level.
Might be one of those who has a good first few months of the season and is then allowed to go out on loan if he looks like having matured a bit.

Gladiator

because it's a common thing to agree personal terms before agreeing a fee. plus as we arent in CL it shouldnt be a surprise that we'd have to offer more wages

Browniee

So with all the twitter rubbish spouted today are we any clearer to who we're actually after?

Melvyn

prostate examiner

He's accurate for Portuguese news but I'm not sure about Spanish info.

Status
Not open for further replies.