Two bad points dropped

M160RA

Now I've calmed down, it's not a terrible result no. It's not and we are obviously not out of anything yet. C'mon United.
It's too early in the season to say just how bad a result this is. If we go on to win the league, it will be forgotten. If we miss out by a few points, we'll be looking back at missed opportunities like these.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
I'm sorry but no matter the way you look at it, that was a terrible results. We were 2 up ffs. It was a shit loss. 2 points dropped because players slacked off.
Yeah it was a shit result. And I was almost fecking sick. But I don't know how to react. It's fecking madness. We've got to be better than this, but I don't know how to react to that. fecking joke. Just need to get up and beat the other Scouse at home now.

roonaldo78

Such as...?

I thought it was more the midfields fault for both goals rather than the defences, although I was so stunned by it all it was hard to take it in - but there were about 4 more men of theirs in the box for the 3rd goal, the defence can't take too men each!
I thought Evans could have done better with the second, he missed the header and Cahill scored.

I'm sure the patronising "two up on last season" crew will emerge soon but just feck off, you simply cannot defend that and put a positive spin on it.

Leave that load of bollocks to the slaves at MUTV.
This.

There can be no excuses. Nobody should be happy with the cumulative effect of those games. They were there to be won and failure to do so is extremely worrying. This season is unique compared to the last one and you can't assume we will match previous results along our schedule. The opportunies are here now and we are just wasting them, carelessly.

It's not championship form or even the killer instinct of winners.

championo

Top Stalker
I thought Evans could have done better with the second, he missed the header and Cahill scored.
No way should he allow Cahill to get the ball. People were saying he was solid at the back today, I did not see it.
feckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk. I have stayed up all night for this. feckk

Chabon

Did nobody else want to stab Neville for having the ball, 3-2 up, deep in injury time, under no pressure...and booting it down field to one of their players? fecking shocking decision, and Im getting pretty sick of him getting games for us for no discernable reason.

CantonaVeron

Which magical mythical signing would have saved us today then? Utter bollocks.
For a start the let up in the last ten minutes or so was from wanting to conserve energy we should not be in a position where Scholes is having to do this because he has to play on Tuesday. We should have brought him off but no there are not the options on the bench to do that. We were already playing O'Shea in midifeld and had to swap that about when Evra went off for a winger! We should have enough options to play everyone in their natural position especially with Ferguson saying we have a "fully fit squad".

I think this conserving energy and letting up in matches is directly a result of Ferguson not having the confidence in the squad to cope with two matches close together as a result of not being supported in the transfer market. The defenders did make mistakes today but were the feck where the midfield for that second late goal.

Crerand Legend

I'm not blaming him specifically just that we could obviously do with a player like Ferdinand to come into the side.

Did you see what Evans was up to for the second and third goals?
He and about 6 others were all at fault, collectively the team in the last 3 mins were a shambles, our older players tiring perhaps

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Did nobody else want to stab Neville for having the ball, 3-2 up, deep in injury time, under no pressure...and booting it down field to one of their players? fecking shocking decision, and Im getting pretty sick of him getting games for us for no discernable reason.
I couldn't believe that. Was it Neville? What a plonker.

MelvinYeo

I'm only here for the post count
That was another peeve of mine, these little things get magnified now. I don't think that it was a coincidence that both goals came from his side either although Nani wasn't offering much help towards the end too.

Not the first time we threw away a big lead at Goodison, only that we didn't have Ruud to save us this time!

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
It's hard to fathom how we threw that away. There was enough experience out on the pitch to understand we should just be playing keep ball with the clock ticking down.

I'm genuinely bemused at that the way we capitulated.

holyland red

"Holier-than-thou fundamentalist"
And what about Berbatov, who had Giggs and Nani is far better positions :rolleyes:

Don't blame him for the feck ups in our defense. Evans and co should have been more alert.
Berbatov's shot was just as poor.

I didn't blame Nani for the goals obviously, but just like fulham he happened to be the one who could have killed the game off if he was more focused.

GCHQ

Glazer Crevice Headquarters
Sir Alex Ferguson, Ben Foster, Hayley McQueen.....
He and about 6 others were all at fault, collectively the team in the last 3 mins were a shambles, our older players tiring perhaps
I wouldn't disagree with you. Scholes was shattered in the last 15 when we should have brought on Gibson or even Smalling.

FFS. I thought we were going to get away with the Carrick injury as well.

M160RA

Yep. When Cahill's goal went it, I thought to myself with 90 seconds to go we can handle this...just keep the ball, boys. And what do we do? Instead of playing it back to Van der Sar and passing the ball around at the back like we were in the 70th minute, we boot it forward. Absolutely infuriating.

Crerand Legend

I wouldn't disagree with you. Scholes was shattered in the last 15 when we should have brought on Gibson or even Smalling.

FFS. I thought we were going to get away with the Carrick injury as well.
Now here is a first, I concur

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
What's the point of comparing this season and what happened in the last one ? Is it a way to calm yourself down ?
I think it's useless
Same here. It's a crap way of looking at the positive side to things. Except it isn't even a positive, it's pointless. You don't drop points against the exact same teams every season, each season is different. And there is NO positive in this result. Maybe the performance, but there can't be any positives from a result which you gifted away.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Might be in the minority here.. but I don't feel pissed off, probably because I just catched the replay of the goals rather than watching them go in live, also I was really pleased with the rest of the performance.

Our defence needs to be alot better, but I still wouldn't write off our title hopes off just yet.

B Cantona

Desperate
That's the weekend fecked right there

Absolutely shambolic ending to the game. We should be on here talking about a surprising comfortable victory (after the first 20 minutes of being on the back foot, and conceding first too)

Guess there's no prizes for guessing which game MotD features first tonight

Crerand Legend

Might be in the minority here.. but I don't feel pissed off, probably because I just catched the replay of the goals rather than watching them go in live, also I was really pleased with the rest of the performance.

Our defence needs to be alot better, but I still wouldn't write off our title hopes off just yet.
Anybody who thinks that todays match will cost us the title need to wise up, the manner of the finish has deflated us all to the point where we are throwing the towel in already

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
What's the point of comparing this season and what happened in the last one ? Is it a way to calm yourself down ?
I think it's useless.It's not mathematics with the points projection and all
It's not useless at all. It makes perfect sense.

It's not just about last season either. Two points at Goodison and Craven cottage are nowhere near the disaster that's got so many of our resident cry-babies frothing at the mouth.

The way the game finished was a massive kick in the balls but now it's over all we can do is try to put it in perspective.

RonaldoVII

Anybody who thinks that todays match will cost us the title need to wise up, the manner of the finish has deflated us all to the point where we are throwing the towel in already
Its performances like todays that will cost us the title. Massive hold on the game late on and throw 2 points away. Exactly the same as against Fulham. We can't keep doing it when any point dropped is critical.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Also, since when did we start conceding last minute goals? That's our forte, dammit!

I'm doing quite a good job of containing my disgust at the world right now. fecking twat that it is.

Crerand Legend

And Chelsea 2-0 up.

I'm off to kill myself. Goodbye.
Extremely lucky by all accounts but luck balances itself out over a season, the good news according to Merson is that they are not that impressive

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
That's the weekend fecked right there

Absolutely shambolic ending to the game. We should be on here talking about a surprising comfortable victory (after the first 20 minutes of being on the back foot, and conceding first too)

Guess there's no prizes for guessing which game MotD features first tonight
:(

I was getting nice Buzz when going into extra time that a United win (especially against a good team) gives.