Two bad points dropped

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
The most concerning thing for me, as compared to Chelsea is that we seem to "lack the hunger" to really push home any dominance or advantage.

After going 3 up, we wasted 1 or 2 promising attacks with Nani skying the ball and Berbatov not being able to beat the GK (when both probably had a better chance trying to tee up a team mate).

I am in no way blaming them (dont get me wrong - this is not a "knee jerk, find a scapegoat post), but the entire team seems to have the mentality of "going into the comfort zone" after we score 3 or 4 goals. How many times have we bollocked a side in a competitive match over the last year or 2 by scoring more then 5? - and I have seen us dominate quite a few sides, only for the last 20-30 mins to "run out comfortably" without any real notable action.

I have no doubt in my mind that teams have picked up on this attitude, and started pushing us backward. We should have closed out this match comfortably tbh. Apart from Gaz struggling against Pienaar and Everton dominating the early stages, we were in control and the lack of any real hunger in the final quarter of matches we are leading is a tad bit complacent/worrying.

At the end of the season, the title run in will be close and it will be really frustrating if we end up a point or 2 short, thinking back to this match especially.

I hope SAF sorts out the issue soon.

(on a positive note: Fulham and Everton away are both games we lost last season).
Focus not hunger. Well, they are sort of related aren't they. Our brains just seem to wander for periods during a game. We seem to do it right after we take a lead very often. We'll just amble through the 15 mins after letting other team feel they have a chance. Of all things I didn't expect us to have these kind of issues this season.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
do you think we would have been this 'careless' aginst Arsenal aor Chelsea?

respect for the 'smaller' teams has to play into this.
I refuse to believe that a team lead by born winners like Giggs, Scholes and Gaz can get careless. On the other hand its possible that at the end of the game the team ran out of steam. Playing against a physical side with 3 over 34 yr olds is a tiring business.