Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Loublaze

ATLien
If he was right footed no one would even speak of him.
Who gives a damn though? He's been given his chance and thats all that matters. You're not given a chance at United if you're completely shit. Why wasn't Reece James given first dibs?

iBoss

i-ttack the space
Illuminati headquarters, chillin' with Jay Z.
Who gives a damn though? He's been given his chance and thats all that matters. You're not given a chance at United if you're completely shit. Why wasn't Reece James given first dibs?
Reece James was loaned out to a league 1 side right? He isn't good enough either. Had Blackett been right footed he wouldn't have even got a sniff and probably would be at a championship team right now. That's his level. That's why it matters.

EDIT - Wootton played against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge. He wasn't good enough either and is at Leeds now where he belongs.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Surprised that none of the younger defenders coming through our academy have much pace. The drop off in pace from Smalling/Rojo/Jones to Blackett/McNair or Keane until he left is really noticeable.

Sylar

The deflection was unlucky, really unlucky. However, playing Walcott onside wasnt unlucky, it was just bad defending in the first place. I think Rojo did this earlier in the game, the only difference is Rojo played on Ramsey and then carried on and cleared. Rojo played on Walcott and it lead to a goal through a deflection (OG tbh).

Im not going to rate him on this game. I say it again, its not his fault. How many games has he played for us as LB? Not youth, I mean first team? Since the Leicester game, it seems he always has a mistake in him. That Leicester game where he got sent off was the worst thing that could have happened to him.

I do think he needs a loan spell away from the club next season and to be playing every game (and in one position).

jb8521

I said this about Blackett about a month ago in the McNair thread
"The problem is he's a defender who's pretty poor at actually defending. Rio had occasional lapses in concentration but Blackett regularly makes the wrong decisions, gets over powered by smaller opponents, gets beaten in the air by smaller opponents, pushes up when he should drop back, doesn't track runners well and gives the ball away in dangerous areas. Its no coincidence that he looked good in pre season because opponents were lacking fitness and sharpness as he is good on the ball when he's not pressured but he's looked poor since then. He's a cb who only looks comfortable playing on the left side of a 3 at the back as he gets a lot of cover from the other cb's and from the wing back."
Since then he has made at least 1 big error and given away chances in every under 21 game either by playing a stupid pass in a dangerous area or by allowing the ball to beat him without noticing there is an opposition player behind him. Im all for allowing young players time to develop if they are showing signs of development or improvement but he keeps making the same mistakes over and over again. People can say he wasnt to blame for the goal today and perhaps it is slightly harsh to blame him but he played Walcott onside, then was slow to react to the situation sauntering back when he should have been sprinting to get back to Walcott and then hanging out a leg rather than actually committing and making sure he blocked the cross. Everything he does just seems very half hearted as if he doesnt want to over commit to a decision but then he ends up getting caught in two minds and ends up doing nothing.

Sam

He should be absolutely nowhere near a Manchester United squad.

I'm sorry, but he's a Championship level player right now.

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
I want to come in here and back him uo and add a little perspective but it's just not going to go down well.

I'll wait unitil Juan's blog so everyone has cheered up a little.

IrishLegend

The thing I find funny is the people defending him. Not one of them would put money on him staying at United.

Hell I'd say putting money on him staying in the Premier League is a risky bet.

He's quite simply not good enough. People given Evans so much shit on this forum, but at least he's a Premier League quality defender.

ricky-romeo

unlucky with that deflection but agreed, he is not good enough.

van gaal was planning to sub rojo no matter what, should have been blind to LB and bring on a midfielder.

khoazany

Reece James was loaned out to a league 1 side right? He isn't good enough either. Had Blackett been right footed he wouldn't have even got a sniff and probably would be at a championship team right now. That's his level. That's why it matters.

EDIT - Wootton played against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge. He wasn't good enough either and is at Leeds now where he belongs.
No Championship.

I don't think Blackett is anywhere near good enough but people need to stop repeating the same stuffs every time he made an appearance.Especially when the deflected goal isn't really his fault.

I would go even further than that: he's Football League Two caliber at the moment.
Well that's simple not true.The likes of McCullough who was released by us at 18-19 are currently League One regulars.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
I don't think Blackett is good enough for us but ppl are going after him because his mistake (from which he recovered really well actually) led to a goal even though in the same game defenders who we have bought for 15-20 million made multiple errors

Red Stone

Unacceptable at this level.
He's done everything wrong there. Shocking stuff. People were harping on about Ramsey's pass, but Blackett made it easy for him to pick out Walcott there. You'd get less space in the Sahara desert.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
I was just about to ask why on earth Blackett was in the middle of the pitch there.

He's never shown he has even average concentration or an average football brain, here or in the Reserves.

I've never seen anything about him that says Manchester United first team, besides his athleticism.

Lou-is Red

Unacceptable at this level.
He is aware of walcotts pace and was caught out minutes before but walcott was offside. you say unacceptable but he isnt the first to do it and wont be the last. He is playing vs players with quality and pace that he hasnt faced before. A massive exaggeration to say unacceptable. He is young and learning

JR10

Supports
Still deciding
He is aware of walcotts pace and was caught out minutes before but walcott was offside. you say unacceptable but he isnt the first to do it and wont be the last. He is playing vs players with quality and pace that he hasnt faced before. A massive exaggeration to say unacceptable. He is young and learning
This!

iBoss

i-ttack the space
He is young and learning
We can keep saying this but the fact is he isn't even as good as Keane and McNair. Technique is poor. Poor positioning. Wasn't stand out in the reserve team. Would not be anywhere near the team if he was right footed. Looks shit at both CB and LB.

He isn't good enough. He isn't even good enough for any other PL side let alone Manchester United.

Lou-is Red

We can keep saying this but the fact is he isn't even as good as Keane and McNair. Technique is poor. Poor positioning. Wasn't stand out in the reserve team. Would not be anywhere near the team if he was right footed. Looks shit at both CB and LB.

He isn't good enough. He isn't even good enough for any other PL side let alone Manchester United.
Im not one for writing people off. I believe he will have to make massive improvments to have a role here. But he has been given a chance by someone who knows a bit about young players. He is athletic, good on the ball, can play 2 positions, if he can improve to the level we need he will be very handy.

iBoss

i-ttack the space
Im not one for writing people off. I believe he will have to make massive improvments to have a role here. But he has been given a chance by someone who knows a bit about young players. He is athletic, good on the ball, can play 2 positions, if he can improve to the level we need he will be very handy.
Tbh, what I think happened was that he asked the coaches who were already here from the U21 team who the left footed defenders were. James and Blackett went on tour as a result. Blackett started the season poorly with his performances at Swansea, Burnley and Leicester. He was specifically bad in the latter two.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
I really dont see what LvG sees in Blackett - can it really just be because he is left footed?
As I honestly cant see any other reason why he keeps getting games - his positional sense is horrific, has been at fault for several goals this season.

I know he is still young but even McNair is lightyears ahead of him.

soap

Directionless weirdo who like booze and ganja
Think Hull is very likely to be his last game here. Its just a case of whether we loan him before selling, which I think will be the case. Promising sign that LvG gave him a chance - unfortunately he's not very good. I don't follow the U21s nearly as closely as some here do, but I think I'm correct in saying he never even stood out at youth level, so there's no reason to assume he's suddenly gonna turn into a good player just because he's 21.

Loublaze

ATLien
Linked up well with Periera in the second half against Club America. They had a few sexy exchanges down that left channel, Schweinstieger too.

marlowe78

He and Evans were good on the left last night. I think there is a good footballer in him somewhere, we just need to play him in the right spots and stop throwing him in against Chelsea and Arsenal in the closing minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.