Tyler Blackett image 42

Tyler Blackett England flag

2015-16 Performances

View full 2015-16 profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minkaro

No idea how he managed to play so much last season. Best of luck to him at Celtic though.

Robbie Boy

Janko, Blackett and Boyata at the back for Celtic. When they lose Van Dijk, they really are fecked in that department.

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
Will be great for him to get a full season of first team football.

ThanksBoss26

We'll see how he develops. He'll get some European football too, albeit in the Europa League.

Not convinced he's good enough for us but hope he proves me wrong. Needs to improve his concentration for sure. All the best to him.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Thank God he won't be playing for us this year!

With him and Evans gone, I'm surprised we've not brought in a CB.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Another United youngster who I expect in time will carve out a decent career but ultimately out of depth at the top.

Good luck to him, I'm sure he will eventually make it back to the PL at some point.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Don't understand why he opted for Celtic over the Spanish clubs that were interested.

Would surely learn more playing in Spain than the bloody SPL.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Yes. They have money but spunk it on shit, usually.
Blackett fits the bill then.

Don't understand why he opted for Celtic over the Spanish clubs that were interested.

Would surely learn more playing in Spain than the bloody SPL.
Probably to do with the fact they likely actually didn't want him. Wtf would Valencia be doing loaning Blackett?

Robbie Boy

Yes because Valencia really wanted Blackett. Otamendi to Blackett. Can't go wrong there. I imagine he won't exactly look particularly good at Celtic to be honest.

Robbie Boy

I like Celtic, always have, but they're so poor these days. If they would have got put in a group with Real, PSG and Shakhtar they would have gotten humiliated.

Think Blackett will shine in Scotland though.
I used to genuinely enjoy watching them but never 'supported' them per se. They have turned into an absolute mess in recent years. I remember the days of Mjalby, Valgaeren, Petta, Agathe, Larsson, Sutton etc, were genuinely good days for the club under O'Neill. A-lot of those players made the most of their abilities and gave their all for the club, even extremely limited players like Balde. Nowadays they they sign relatively unknown talents like Ki, Wanayama and Van Dijk, to make a a profit in a year or two. The majority of their players are not at the required standard to do anything whatsoever in Europe.

I don't think Blackett will do much there. Boyata is having a mare so far and I would say they are about equal in terms of talent. I really don't rate Blackett at all, though.

stu_1992

I think that's a decent move for him. Good luck to him there. Not sure if he will be back here or not, but I'll look out for his progress over this season for sure.

beergod

Good career move for him. He needs to develop the mental side of his game and will get more games in the SPL than he would in other leagues.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Hope he does well. Boyata has gone up there and has looked a donkey. He can't be any worse.

Eric'sCollar

I rate him higher than the majority and really think he has a chance at United. I think it's a good move and really wish him well.

Robbie Boy

I rate him higher than the majority and really think he has a chance at United. I think it's a good move and really wish him well.
Obviously the club don't think he has much of a chance if there is a clause to buy him for £3m. I don't rate him at all, in fact, I think he's awful and not even Championship standard. Each to their own I guess.

ManUtd1999

I also seem to like him more the majority, but I'm not optimistic any more about loans. Off the top of my head in recent years: Macheda, Fabio, Cleverly, Petrucci, Welbeck, Keane and Powell. These players mostly left or not really our level (Powell & Keane). I hope Blackett's fate will be better!

Galactic

Incorrigible pest
I think he got himself a great club personally. Celtic will dominate the league and the pressure is much lower than at say Burnley or Blackburn. He would have been tested much more though.

Eric'sCollar

Agreed, I think the main positive I'm taking from this loan, is that he will be at the top of the table. If he can get into the team and cement a spot, he will do really well and gain the experience but lower on a league ladder, one mistake and he could be out of the team or shifted around etc due to the pressure of a relegation scrap.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
Good luck to him. Personally, can't see the talent. To me, he was only a part of the first team because of his preferred foot.

With him and Evans gone, hopefully we'll move Rojo as a back-up LB and get a central defender before the window shuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.