Tyler Blackett image 42

Tyler Blackett England flag

2015-16 Performances

View full 2015-16 profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nickosaur

Celtic fans haven't exactly been convinced. He's had his moments but I really can't see him ever being good enough for us, or a top PL team to be honest.

Skills

Snitch
Celtic fans haven't exactly been convinced. He's had his moments but I really can't see him ever being good enough for us, or a top PL team to be honest.
He won't have a Premier League career. Defensive prowess is more critical lower down the table than the top half arguably.

Robbie Boy

Do you?.Good for you. I'll be glad to see him back as a good squad player during the tough Christmas and New year period.
I won't. He clearly isn't good enough. It's ok to say that players aren't good enough. It's a very small percentage of players that are good enough for top clubs. Blackett is miles from that standard.

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
He is terrible. Not sure which is worse. The fact he's so bad he got subbed off after coming on as a sub or the fact he's below Boyata and Ambrose in the pecking order - both of whom are absolutely crap.

You could maybe get away with playing him against crap like Villa at Old Trafford but other than that his future is like League 2 level (I'm being generous, it's Christmas after all).

Triple.Threat

The fact that we resort to call him back to help ease our defensive crisis is enough to sack Van Gaal if we ever needed reasoning.

jb8521

If he's brought back it will be less to do with our defensive injuries and more to do with the fact that his recent game time has been with Celtics u21 team and not the first team

In Rainbows

Do you?.Good for you. I'll be glad to see him back as a good squad player during the tough Christmas and New year period.
It's great to show patience towards youngsters, but he was never a player worth considering such patience. Save that towards players who actually did well for the youth teams like Adnan, Wilson, etc...

I think it's fine to say he won't make it at United, as long as the young players don't get ridiculed.

MAME DIOUF 32

Only brought into the first team because he's left-footed.
Indeed. A bizarre decision even by van Gaal standards.

He's dreadful. We shouldn't have promoted him, we shouldn't have given him a new contract and we shouldn't be bringing him back now.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
He's been spoken of so badly that I'm expecting him to do this now every time he gets the ball

POF

There has been a lot of talk of signing a left back in the transfer window. I would rather bring Blackett back as cover until a decision over LVG is made. Any other manager would go for a centre back and use Blind exclusively at left back.

NK86

Still wondering to this day wtf he was trying to do there.
I think he kinda hoped Lahm would give up chase after a few strides as that is what Fellaini himself does normally :p

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
I've only watched him once this season. Him and Boyata together were comedy gold. They got completely schooled by Molde and Blackett looked like a lamb to the slaughter every time Molde were on the attack. Absolutely woeful player. If this clown gets as much as one minute for Manchester fecking United ever again then it's time to sack LVG, Giggs, Woody and even the Glazers.

Brophs

The One and Only
Odd bump I know but is it true he hasn't played a minute of football for Celtic since November? Not really the ideal loan spell if so.

Brophs

The One and Only
That's a shame. Hard to see where he goes from here. Maybe a starter in the next defence Roberto Martinez is manager of, I suppose.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Don't think he'll be playing first division football anytime soon.

WhoDaGOAT

He'll do well to make it at any PL club.
He should head down to a good League One club, get some experience and then fight his way back to The Premier League like Drinkwater has.

Keane at Burnley is making his way back to the big time also.

KikiDaKats

Supports
His Liverpool supporting wife
He should head down to a good League One club, get some experience and then fight his way back to The Premier League like Drinkwater has.

Keane at Burnley is making his way back to the big time also.
Won't do him any harm.. Also gotta lay off the weights if he wants to develop any sort of football ability.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
The difference is Keane and Drinkwater are actual good footballers. Blackett will go down to League One and never be seen again. He'll be lucky to ever play in the Championship again.

Bojan11

Did he even play a game for Celtic?

I heard he looked awful in the Scottish league. He wouldn't get in championship teams.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
If he's as bad as everyone here says...then why did LVG give him 12 appearances? Surely he must have some ability

Status
Not open for further replies.