Music Tyler, The Creator

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Anyone else hyped for his new album?

Based on the singles it sounds like it's gonna be brilliant. 911/Mr. Lonely is probably one of my favourite songs of the year and the production on everything so far is really good.

I've always felt his stuff was a bit hit and miss but it seems he's finally settled on a sound and the other aspects like the lyrics and prod are way better than anything he's done before imo.

It's actually been leaked but I'll wait until tomorrow for it to be on Spotify.

DatIrishFella

Band of Brothers, Thief
Recently listened to Who *** Boy and 911/Mr Lonely. Dude is hilarious, makes creative shit, good beats, good flow. Would love to see him live. Instantly impressed.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Yeah he's pretty funny to follow on Twitter too.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
His cover/sampling go Kanye in freestyle 4 is fantastic, but albums have too much shite on them for me to appreciate fully. Good signs for this new one though.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Album is brilliant. One of my favourites this year.

Where This Flower Blooms, See You Again, Who *** Boy, Boredom, 911/Mr Lonely and November are my faves. I Ain't Got Time as well.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Signs were right. He's done away with a lot of the filler crap, album is great. Fantano likes it too, which is a big shocker.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
It's quite good, yeah. I much prefer this to uber-edgy Cherrybomb and I'm-an-awkward-twat Wolf. Finally concentrated himself down into a very good project.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Great new album. Loving See You Again and Boredom so far but need to listen to the whole album a couple more times first.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I cannot stop listening to this album. Currently obsessed with this song.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I like the production on the new album, just wish he rapped more.

stu_1992

Like the new album a lot. I get what people when people say they want more rapping, but personally I find the production so good and interesting that it wasn't a problem for me.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Grown on me so much. I did originally want more rapping but I love it for what it is.

Really enjoying I THINK. The production is great, and that beat coming back in at the end :drool:

GBBQ

Really liking this album, GONE, GONE / THANK YOU is such a catchy cheesy tune

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Tickets for two London shows in September go on sale tomorrow.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Just saw him at Gov Ball. So good! The crowds at festivals are embarrassing though. I swear half of them were leaving midway through and others didn’t even know the words.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Can anyone explain this guy to me? I don’t get what kind of music he makes. I’m not really a fan of what I’ve heard so far (the new album) but everyone seems to think he’s great. I don’t understand him really.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Can anyone explain this guy to me? I don’t get what kind of music he makes. I’m not really a fan of what I’ve heard so far (the new album) but everyone seems to think he’s great. I don’t understand him really.
He basically started out as this edgy rapper and a lot of his lyrics were very controversial. He’s grown up and released Flower Boy last year which was amazing and his most polished album (I’d suggest listening to that to start).

He produces and writes all of his music which is unheard of really and his production is so good. He’s kinda dorky and can’t really sing but he embraces it and has great stage presence. Deep cool voice for rapping too and the way he raps i think is quite accessible, he changes flows and switches beats up really well.

Even as a Tyler fan it took me a good few listens to really get Igor but I think it’s a fantastic album that also tells a story. The production is unreal.

stu_1992

The new song caught me off-guard. I was expecting more of a evolution of the Igor sound and there was some talk, as well as some snippets to back it up, that it would be more jazz influenced.

Then I get blasted in the ears with that! I liked it a lot and I've gone back to listen a few times now so that's a good sign. But I wasn't prepared for a more old school sound from him. Certainly a throwback to earlier albums, although less immature lyrics.