Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

avgp_1

Had a horrid time today. Had almost a Darmian vs Alexis kind of game.

Irwin99

Odd match. Some absolutely horrible moments against fantastic players but other times he fought his way back into it. Just cannot fault his effort or energy but he's still learning his game obviously.

Dominos

Saka is a nightmare to play against to be fair, but have to say it was a struggle today.

The moment in the 2nd half where he allowed Saka control it in the box and shoot with his right foot across goal was criminal :lol: I have no idea what he was thinking.

He definitely had some good moments though, some tackles, and some decent link up play down the left side in the early stages of the first half.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Not much to say to be honest, he's my first choice for now even if he struggles here and there , it happens.

The effort he puts in every game is pretty great.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
At one point in the 2nd half Saka had him on toast, but boy did he recover! Well played Malassia

criticalanalysis

Never gives up and the way he won and controlled that last man break at the end was clutch.

Defensively a bit mixed as he's too eager and underestimates players/overestimates his turn of pace/tackling ability. Plays on the edge but his composure on the ball is brilliant. Always a safe passing option and he seems to have a good turn/bit of skill to hold onto the ball under pressure and release back into space; only clears when absolutely necessary.

TsuWave

Struggled initially. Improved substantially after Sana’a goal.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
He was getting roasted for 60 mins. Showed a really good mentality to comeback and have an excellent last 30.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
tough game for him today, Saka on his day can be an absolute nightmare.

As others have stated though he never hides or gives up, which is most important.

Sort of funny to think he’s only played a handful of games for us as he seems so settled already

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Wasn't great but I dread to think where we'd be if we were relying on Telles these last few games instead.

Devil81

He's been fantastic so far but today was his toughest game so far, Saka is a fantastic footballer who is a lot faster than I thought.

Danny

Saka is a nightmare to play against to be fair, but have to say it was a struggle today.

The moment in the 2nd half where he allowed Saka control it in the box and shoot with his right foot across goal was criminal :lol: I have no idea what he was thinking.

He definitely had some good moments though, some tackles, and some decent link up play down the left side in the early stages of the first half.
He tried to read the pass back I think but Saka did well to deceive him

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
0x dribbled past? I'd contest that.

Easily his worst performance for us, and it shows there's improvements to be made. That said, he did step it up towards the end of the match.

kirk buttercup

I like him alot . He struggled in parts today but he has alot of potential. Bit green in parts but likeable guy with a great work rate

Revan

Assumptionman
I thought he was terrible, and Saka had fun with him. I was actually surprised how he wasn't taken off in the second half.

Of course, these types of games were always going to come. He was very good in the previous three.

Toshey

Supports
Levski Sofia
What kind of game were you watching?
Every time Saka got the better of him, he fought back and recovered.
Just imagine Luke Shaw getting beaten and then jogging back carelessly watching Saka closely.

Malacia is great and future looks bright!

OmarUnited4ever

Not good today, but he will learn and improve, he is a warrior and once it clicks together we will have a quality LB.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
I'm afraid but my honest opinion is that he's a pretty bad fullback.
Jeezus, comments like this. How about not writing off a player who had his 6th game for us, out of which in at least 4 he was very solid and showed a lot of promise.

He didn't had a good game defensively, everyone could see that but showed some top class moments as well even in this game. Will learn from this heaps.

MiracleInMadrid

I think he did well. Obviously still has a lot to learn.

But his energy and will does so much for our team. This defence with Shaw at left back would miss a lot aggressiveness and pressing ability.

sillwuka

You've got to remember you have to take the rough with the smooth, he's learning on the job.

Any fullback can get rinsed by Saka and Jesus, tough game in that aspect but still came out really well with some good robust challenges and never sherked responsibilities.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Calm down lads. His biggest test before his move was facing Antony twice a year.
Give it some time.

In the mean time, we've spent peanuts on a Telles upgrade and someone who might help give Shaw a boot up the arse.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Has benefited massively from being new so far. He really hasn’t been that good at all without huge amounts of context applied. If he’s the same player when the context runs out, people will start turning on him. The exact same happens time and time again. I used to get sucked into it myself, but having seen it happen over and over, I’ve just started calling performances for how I see them - young player, new player - it doesn’t matter.

Of course, the context is very relevant, but just important to recognise that the things filtered for context are not actually there yet. People can’t just add attacking ability to a full back they haven’t seen any from because he is new, for instance. We can only add attacking ability when he shows some. Which of course, I hope he will, and I am also confident he will. But he’s been a but average so far, but the good thing about him is the things he has generally done well are the things that mean that as a minimum - he won’t be a liability while he is learning. He defends well, and generally does the defensive basics. Which is not bad for a minimum at all.

CloneMC16

I think we all watched that and there is no chance he was dribbled past 0 times. Whatever they perceive dribbling past to mean has to be wrong if their conclusion is 0 here. Saka destroyed him in almost every 1v1. Pretty sure the only duel Malacia beat him in was right at the end of the match.

Chinchy98

Saka dominated him in the duels, particularly in the first half. Wasn’t at his best 5.5/10, not the easiest opposition to face in fairness

crossy1686

career ending
He didn’t have a great game today, Saka got the better of him a few times with some quick turns, but still fecking night and day compared with Shaw

DevTheRed

Bad defensively today but thought he did well on the ball.. pops up in good positions and recycles the ball well.

Today was a tough game for him but it was against one of the most in form teams in the league.. he’ll do fine for us.

AndersB

We were lucky that Malacia's issues with Saka didn't cost us more today. He grew into it halfway through the second half, but got skinned alive for a while there

Banat

Surprised with negative comments, he was nowhere near as bad as some people are telling.
I actually thought he had a very solid game bar a few sloppy tackles and being skinned once by Saka. He didn't stop running, made some great progressive passes, kept and progressed the ball well in difficult situations, he was literally everywhere.
There's no way Shaw is getting a game ahead of him anytime soon, he cemented that LB position rightfully

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Not the best game but I have faith. His attitude will get him far.

DiceRoller

He looks like a liability but at the same time I appreciate having him in the team.

The word that springs to mind with him IMO is raw. But there’s a lot to work with and he seems to have a great attitude.

Litch

At times tough for him but it’s all part of his education. Seen enough of him to see when he experiences the nature of the league, we are going to see more growth….

NoPace

Surprised with negative comments, he was nowhere near as bad as some people are telling.
I actually thought he had a very solid game bar a few sloppy tackles and being skinned once by Saka. He didn't stop running, made some great progressive passes, kept and progressed the ball well in difficult situations, he was literally everywhere.
There's no way Shaw is getting a game ahead of him anytime soon, he cemented that LB position rightfully
I'm with you. I was more worried about Martinelli. Saka and Odegaard have a really good connection in the right half-space when Arsenal are in possession and Saka is just a very good player overall so I didn't expect a perfect game from Malacia. But his short passing and energy and desire are enough to keep him in the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.