Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Not enough being said about how well this lad has settled in, he seems to really enjoy playing alongside Martinez and a few of his dark arts seem to be rubbing off on Malacia.

Technically very good.
They’re both masters of the sneaky nudge when a taller player is competing for a header. So effective and ref’s never seem to pick it up.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
After Martinez, I thought Malacia and Weghorst were the brightest sparks.

sport2793

Very pleased with his performance today. Did well in possession and evading the press near the corner flag, ran up and down the pitch.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Really like him. Shaw has been great this season but I think Malacia is such a great character and will end up being a first 11 player in a few years.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Honestly my only real gripe with him is his attacking instincts aren't fully formed, which will come with time. There are opportunities for him to play a pass, make a run, hit a cross that he just hesitates when Shaw doesn't. He clearly has very good technique though and love his attitude. Fantastic signing

Ibi Dreams

Our best summer signing, in a way? The rest were obvious, expensive or both. This kid was pretty unknown, cost very little and fits right in.

Gives me hope that ETH knows how to identify proper players

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
I love his little shifts and turns under pressure that beats the press. Good footballer.

Putting all banter aside

My Feyenoord acquaintances from the Netherlands were complaining about how little they got for this fella, and I start to understand why. Their arch rivals receiving 84 million for Antony, and they got, what was it, 14 million? Great back up for Shaw and performance wise not far from the starting eleven. Our LB of the future.

Gurtej

I think he probably would have been a better choice against Arsenal than Shaw.

Shaw has been amazing but does struggle against quick and tricky players…

Hughes35

Really like him. Brilliant signing for the money.

We have two very good left backs and don't need to think about that position for a few years.

Davie Moyes

Interesting you should say that I was wondering how he would have fared against Sako. I've a feeling he would have been much tighter just like he was against Mahrez the week before and from the sounds of it just like this game (I did not watch it).

Shaw was the complete opposite and seemed scared to get any where near him and get backing off. This approach tells the attacker you are running scared.

Sylar

One thing I like is he can play and doesn't seem to hide. He doesn't get everything right but still wants to show which is great.

I do think he should have come on when Shaw got a booking at 2-2. The way the game was going we could have had Shaw go into a back three if needed and had that extra body to help.
A lot of what ifs but yeah, I think he would have been tighter on saka, probably given him a few knocks too.

Gurtej

One thing I like is he can play and doesn't seem to hide. He doesn't get everything right but still wants to show which is great.

I do think he should have come on when Shaw got a booking at 2-2. The way the game was going we could have had Shaw go into a back three if needed and had that extra body to help.
A lot of what ifs but yeah, I think he would have been tighter on saka, probably given him a few knocks too.
Also we could have brought Fred a bit earlier to safe guard it.

Btw, another reason as to why we should not rely on McT again.

Davie Moyes

Yep, spot on. Saka is a strong player but I do love players getting tight, sticking their foot in dishing out a few knocks (within reason) as it puts the opponent off their game and can frustrate them. Especially a left footed RW as if you get really tight you are constantly sending them back to towards their own goal as Malacia was doing with Mahrez all game. Shaw was unfortunate the only time he got tight and stuck his foot in on Saka he got a yellow card. Unfairly in my view as I thought he got the ball and was a bed referee decision.

Last edited:

The Original

Interesting you should say that I was wondering how he would have fared against Sako. I've a feeling he would have been much tighter just like he was against Mahrez the week before and from the sounds of it just like this game (I did not watch it).

Shaw was the complete opposite and seemed scared to get any where near him and get backing off. This approach tells the attacker you are running scared.

Yep, spot on. Sako is a strong player but I do love players getting tight, sticking their foot in dishing out a few knocks (within reason) as it puts the opponent off their game and can frustrate them. Especially a left footed RW as if you get really tight you are constantly sending them back to towards their own goal as Malacia was doing with Mahrez all game. Shaw was unfortunate the only time he got tight and stuck his foot in on Sako he got a yellow card. Unfairly in my view as I thought he got the ball and was a bed referee decision.
Saka mate.

FrankWhite

Not Frank White

Genuinely think this was more team tactics than Shaw being scared and backing off. I've seen Shaw go against quick tricky wingers and succeed.

RuudTom83

I think the LB and LW positions are the healthiest they have been for a while.

Shaw...Malacia
Rashford...Garnacho

Love Tyrell's enthusiasm and effort, just an all round good full back and he will only get better over the next few seasons.

FrankWhite

Not Frank White
Love him! If he can just utilise his ball carrying skills more then he'll be a real threat going forward. His passing game is so assured.
So much more to come from him. I fully expect him and Antony to make than year two jump. Once they get properly used to league, they'll be real stars.

Irwin99

Other than that poor mistake at the end of the first half i thought he was decent again. Proving to be a very decent signing

JB7

Weird first half mistake aside thought he was very good again
He's aware of Carroll dropping off which is why he took the touch, in fairness how was he supposed to know about the guy coming in to take the ball from behind him if the goalkeeper doesn't tell him? Goalkeepers the one with the full view of the pitch and should be telling him to deal with it. Just another issue that arises with a mute in goal.

Based Adnan

He's aware of Carroll dropping off which is why he took the touch, in fairness how was he supposed to know about the guy coming in to take the ball from behind him if the goalkeeper doesn't tell him? Goalkeepers the one with the full view of the pitch and should be telling him to deal with it. Just another issue that arises with a mute in goal.
You're not wrong

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Thought he was good, I would say easily the best and probably our only good player in the first half. He is not clicked yet with Rashford though, but that will take time.

He is in competition with Shaw who is in best form of his life though, but overall they make our strongest position on the pitch now, IMO. We are solved at LB for years now.

Red Rash

Pretty good but I found it weird how often he moved into central midfield. I can't remember him doing it before so assume it was instructions from ETH

next_number_seven

Pretty good but I found it weird how often he moved into central midfield. I can't remember him doing it before so assume it was instructions from ETH
He does it a lot. Dalot and AWB also.

Its a trend possibly started by Pep in Bayern with Lahm so ETH possibly copying him, but not sure

next_number_seven

Thought he was good, I would say easily the best and probably our only good player in the first half. He is not clicked yet with Rashford though, but that will take time.

He is in competition with Shaw who is in best form of his life though, but overall they make our strongest position on the pitch now, IMO. We are solved at LB for years now.
Shaw is one of the best crossers of the ball I've ever seen

Status
Not open for further replies.