Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ekeke

I'd give him our motm. First half he was really good, playing balls in behind the defence from the left side like Shaw occasionally does but he was doing it 3 or 4 times in a half. 2nd half he looked tired and had a shot when he should have found a teammate.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
The way he plays (based on the videos I saw, and the glimpses in preseason), the smile - I think he’ll be a fan favourite real soon.
If you haven't had the pleasure of seeing me call Luke Shaw a jogger then now you have, his lack of running, even when a man beats him, drives me nuts. Not to mention he just backs off anyone who runs at him, as he knows he not gonna run to keep up.

I expect Malacia will be the regular starter well before Christmas.

Godfather

Oh I get that point for sure. I just think it’s a shame some are mixing up our purchase of him as somehow meaning we won’t go for others.he cost very little so it shouldn’t be seen as one or the other
That I fully agree with. Also I'm very happy we got the lad. Bags of potential

Grande

The way he plays (based on the videos I saw, and the glimpses in preseason), the smile - I think he’ll be a fan favourite real soon.
With good reason, and a coach favorite probably too. He works hard, is brave, does anything to follow the plan, and does well in duels. He is everything Shaw needs to have going to be one of the worlds best LB’s - now maybe Shaw can borrow it from him everytime he loses it, or, we can just play Malacia.

Trequarista10

Shaw is 27 and always injured. Shaw fit is good and the starter still of course, but with the frequency of his injuries, we needed an adequate backup/competition and eventual replacement. Telles is horrible and really wasn't up to it.

With Malacia, price is low, potential is huge.
Fully agree. Telles should be moved on asap. Shaw is excellent for a few months a season only. Malacia is the perfect profile to bring in.

Blood Mage

Our best player today and will look even better next to Martinez. I'm not worried about our defence this season it's our midfield and attack that needs sorting.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
I like him, looks like proper team player, with lots of intense play - passing, movement, aggressive pressing, and press resistant.

SWE-Chucky

Supports
AIK Stockholm
I love the guy already, i wrote after first game he played for us that i saw Evra in him and after today I am even more convinced that getting him for 12-15m euro, whatever, was amazing business from our side and he feels like SAF signing. Fantastic, and with Martinez, who is also left footed, will help getting the ball out to him quicker and in a better direction so he keep his pace (Martinez is fantastic passer also). Both of them like to play the long ball behind the opponents defence, as do Lindelöf, and if we get Rashford/Sancho/Martial/Antony (hopefully) to make runs and take advantage (imagen also having FDJ and Bruno/Eriksen to deliver balls) it will give us a new dimension to our attacking counter attacks.

Reactions: Cheimoon

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
If you plan to start him, can't you do us a solid and pay another 30 million? You paid 45 million for Donny, surely Malacia is already worth at least that :wenger:

Putting all banter aside

I've got some nephews in the Netherlands who are all Feyenoord fans, they were already flagging that this kid gonna be the real deal, but they were quite conservative on whether or not he could make that step instantly from the Eredivisie to a major PL team. Really curious to see what he can bring in the next games. Looks solid defensively and composed in his build up skills everytime I see him play.

Reactions: Cheimoon

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Silly with fouls on that position and time of the game. But giving it as he's just a new young player. Crossed fingers.

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
Was decent in pre-season but awful little cameo today. Still fancy him to replace Shaw in the starting line up going forward though.

KranjskaKlobasa

He looked a bit light-weight when being 1-on-1. One wierd one was when he (whilst defending a set-piece) tried to mark an opposing (Dunk?) player twice his size.

jameyzane

That image of him in front of Dunk is seared in my mind forever. A good corner or a clean cross into the box and trouble. Just the thought of Martinez, Tyrell, and Dalot defending a corner scares me. It will be a long long season.

mu4c_20le

That image of him in front of Dunk is seared in my mind forever. A good corner or a clean cross into the box and trouble. Just the thought of Martinez, Tyrell, and Dalot defending a corner scares me. It will be a long long season.
Dunk was literally laughing

Trex

I want to see this guy starting our next game, Shaw wasn't the worst offender but for me the most irritating, he plays like its a testimonial even at 2-0 down.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
I want to see this guy starting our next game, Shaw wasn't the worst offender but for me the most irritating, he plays like its a testimonial even at 2-0 down.
Exactly like you said, not the worst but his lazy crossing like it's testimonial and drilled half arsed runs are annoying...

We need hungry players, and Malacia looked very good jusdging by his cameos. very proactive, which is key, great under pressure. The only player who seem to know very basic dummy move to make half space for himself just before receiving the ball. I like that.

Needs to start and we need more like that..

Habs

Looked so much better than Shaw, can’t understand why he isn’t starting

BerryBerryShrew

The subs were the only players who didn't let themselves down today. Elanga worked hard, Malacia was tenacious and Varane is actually quick and able to win aerial duels. I gave Varane MOTM but I can see why people gave it to Malacia.

siw2007

Only player who didn’t let himself down today, solid performance down the left hand side.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Clearly a lot better than Shaw in pretty much every facet of the game.

Quicker, more alert, more press resistant, forward thinking, covers ground.

Good signing, I am sure.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Should start over Shaw but looks a very limited player.

Status
Not open for further replies.