Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Daslogisch

Supports
Ajax
Why on earth did he sign this guy only to start Shaw? I think considering the fee and all this was the best signing so far.
Malacia is still a relatively unproven player. He was considered a talent in The Netherlands, but no one thought he was ready for a big club like United. Ten Hag got him because he has potential. He was bought for the long term, not so much for the short term. You can say a lot of things about Shaw, but in the end of the day he's a player with a reputation. It would be stupid of Ten Hag to just take an England international with a proven record out of the team and replace him with an unproven talented player. It would also put an enormous pressure on Malacia an increase his chances of flopping.

Nevertheless he actually played well today when he got on in the second half. His mentality and agressiveness was really good and brought something extra to the team. At this rate, he's really forcing Shaw to step it up, because if he doesn't Malacia could be a starter much quicker than anticipated.

Dominos

The only positive out of the game, he looked good.

I had hopes for Shaw getting back to his best but he's already played himself out of a starting 11 in the opening 2 games he's been that bad, Malacia should be given a starting opportunities soon.

I get this logic of starting your experienced and proven players. But the benefit of starting your experienced players is they're less likely to let you down. When your experienced players are consistently letting you down anyway despite their experience then there is no benefit, you may as well give someone else a chance.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
He is unproven, which means unlike others, he wasn't proven as shite player for us yet. I'd say lets start him from now on, he looks promising whenever I watched him play.

R'hllor

In 2-3 months time, he will turn into one of them, like a clockwork.

jem

The only positive I took out of today's game. Should be a nailed-on starter over Shaw, who is an absolute disgrace.

R'hllor

So we should never sign another player as they'll just turn to shite?
Who said that? Just said that bringing in 1 by 1 among that rotten bunch, they will be eventually dragged to their level of culture. We should sign players but keep them away from cnuts.

Hawks2008

Gotta keep pumping games into him. The sooner he gets used to the level the quicker we can get rid of fatty.

Red_toad

Who said that? Just said that bringing in 1 by 1 among that rotten bunch, they will be eventually dragged to their level of culture. We should sign players but keep them away from cnuts.
Dear me how some people think....

Oranges038

Malacia is still a relatively unproven player. He was considered a talent in The Netherlands, but no one thought he was ready for a big club like United. Ten Hag got him because he has potential. He was bought for the long term, not so much for the short term. You can say a lot of things about Shaw, but in the end of the day he's a player with a reputation. It would be stupid of Ten Hag to just take an England international with a proven record out of the team and replace him with an unproven talented player. It would also put an enormous pressure on Malacia an increase his chances of flopping.

Nevertheless he actually played well today when he got on in the second half. His mentality and agressiveness was really good and brought something extra to the team. At this rate, he's really forcing Shaw to step it up, because if he doesn't Malacia could be a starter much quicker than anticipated.
What is that? The one where he should be the best left back in the league, that he has all these great attributes but he rarely uses them. The guy is a nothing player, you can't rely on him to show up.

And at some point you have to say enough is enough though, reputations are nothing unless you are performing. We've had 2 games now where Shaw has been utter garbage, carrying on from where he left off last season.

Malacia moves quicker and is more alert, that in itself should be enough to see him oust Shaw already.

Red_toad

Yea such a crazy notion of signing players after clearing rotten fecks in the squad, must be fun having blinkers on, only one way.
What planet do you live on? You seriously expect the current regime to clear the decks and the players to walk away from a once in a lifetime contract :lol:

R'hllor

What planet do you live on? You seriously expect the current regime to clear the decks and the players to walk away from a once in a lifetime contract :lol:
Not all ways are regime calls and never said that i expect players to walk away on their own from their contracts, dunno why you making shit up and then argue with it, kinda mental.

Red_toad

Not all ways are regime calls and never said that i expect players to walk away on their own from their contracts, dunno why you making shit up and then argue with it, kinda mental.
So when you say clearing? Is that execution, sales or contracts paid up. Just saying crap like clearing isn’t very specific, players at United are very well paid and near impossible to sell. United are quickly running out of funds, so let’s have some none fictitious solutions if you’re going to make bold statements.

Daslogisch

Supports
Ajax
What is that? The one where he should be the best left back in the league, that he has all these great attributes but he rarely uses them. The guy is a nothing player, you can't rely on him to show up.

And at some point you have to say enough is enough though, reputations are nothing unless you are performing. We've had 2 games now where Shaw has been utter garbage, carrying on from where he left off last season.

Malacia moves quicker and is more alert, that in itself should be enough to see him oust Shaw already.
You can't fault a coach for trying to get the potential out of this player first. Shaw is clearly a player with potential. Maybe he hasn't been consistent, but it's not like he's not shown anything good for a long time. Shaw also has attributes that suit EtH's playing style (unlike AWB for example). Of course he's going to try to get the most out of Shaw first, before ousting him in favor of an unproven player. As I said though, at the rate it's going now EtH might be forced to choose for Malacia sooner rather than later.

hobbers

Should be starting ahead of Shaw, but not against Liverpool. Not in the current mood.

SAFMUTD

So we should never sign another player as they'll just turn to shite?
Unless we do a massive clear out Im afraid this will happen.

We've seen it over and over how players that come start great and then slowly turn shite. Bruno for example. They culture around the squad and club swallows them and eventually they're just another one of the bunch.

MrBest

I like him, tenacious and big desire to be up and down the pitch.

GueRed

When he came on I was impressed with his tenacity. Looked very bright on and off the ball.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Too much Malacia is bad they said. On the contrary I'd rather him starting games than Cpt. Fatty Bum from now on.

Putting all banter aside

It would be stupid of Ten Hag to bench a player that has shown a higher level than Shaw on each and every occasion he got a chance. In this United, the last thing we need is to put players in the starting eleven because of reputation. Feck off with reputation, Malacia shows the eagerness and determination that we miss so badly.

rbnZz

In my opinion, Malacia should start against Liverpool. Malacia is a pitbull and won't give Salah alot of space, that is exactly what we need Monday.

Feyenoord lad

Supports
Feyenoord
In my opinion, Malacia should start against Liverpool. Malacia is a pitbull and won't give Salah alot of space, that is exactly what we need Monday.
it is a risk though. But I’ve seen him playing for like 100+ games and I am absolutely sure he’ll deliver. Just not sure if it must be against Liverpool and ao soon.

Castia

Looked great all pre season and he’s taking it into the PL

Think we’ve found a great little player

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Not hyping him up or anything but, I think he's the best player in the world :drool:

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
A lot better than Shaw, far more energy offensively and defensively. Will only get better.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Potential to be a new cult hero

Status
Not open for further replies.