Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

SambaBoy

Tough game for him, but one he'll learn from no doubt. I feel he's pretty solid in general without being spectacular.

dasty

He couldn't cope with Saka at the start, probably because it's his first time playing against a player with such quality - fast, technical and strong. He did however, slowly recovered from that and hounded Saka so much in the second half that Saka kicked him petulantly. That is a clear indication that he frustrated Saka a lot which means he did well with what he was tasked with. The ones who are scapegoating him in this thread clearly didn't watch the game but just the highlights and is here to shit on any player to feel a bit better about themselves.

SER19

Great to see Neville credit him with such an impact. Wasnt his best game yesterday, and when we have two developing full backs we can only hope to win the games when they're having a tough time and that they then learn something. But Neville singling out his personality and the ripple effect it can have on others is correct - that sort of fearlessness and tenacity has been badly missed.

There was a moment when he went down the slope at end of pitch and Martinez was straight over with the aggressive back slapping etc- varane and dalot are the same, this back 4 is clearly working on the idea of being a unit that plays for eachother and its great to see

Putting all banter aside

Had a tough match one on one versus Saka, but I reckon any LB in the PL is having a tough one with Saka. Damn, what a baller is that. I do think that he recovered quite well the last half an hour, was tenacious as always and has an impressive physique. Certainly not his best game, but for a 15 million bargain playing his fourth 90 minutes in the PL, he definitely didn't do bad either.

Cecc

same as van Dijk made up record for dribbled past. Totally untrue and blown up out of proportion.

sameastred

I have a feeling that he will become a very good LB after one season when he 'll have learnt a lot about EPL,
yesterday reminded me Evra debut vs city's sinclair and vassel

Sylar

Tough game for him, but one he'll learn from no doubt. I feel he's pretty solid in general without being spectacular.
Yeah agree with this. Glad he got through this and we got the win. Think this was needed for him.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Had a tough match one on one versus Saka, but I reckon any LB in the PL is having a tough one with Saka. Damn, what a baller is that. I do think that he recovered quite well the last half an hour, was tenacious as always and has an impressive physique. Certainly not his best game, but for a 15 million bargain playing his fourth 90 minutes in the PL, he definitely didn't do bad either.
Been a lot of 'it was Saka, he destroys everyone' type of comments - but he really hasn't destroyed much at all for a good while. It's their other winger regularly having full-backs for breakfast these days.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Was a good battle with Saka. There was a period where Saka stopped trying to take him on the outside as Malacia was playing so well. But then there was a couple of times where Saka got the better out of him.

He plays with a lot of passion and heart and he’s very quick. The more he plays the more consistency we’ll get out of him.

Putting all banter aside

Been a lot of 'it was Saka, he destroys everyone' type of comments - but he really hasn't destroyed much at all for a good while. It's their other winger regularly having full-backs for breakfast these days.
Well, I watched the Villa game a couple of days before, and he was practically unstoppable. Quite a miracle that match ended the way it ended, could've been 7-1 for Arsenal and Saka was a plague for their defense.

Gavinb33

There is no shame in being beaten by a player as good as Saka is he'd trouble any full back in the league dribbling at them.

What i liked he didnt shy away from it and was still up tight and getting into tackles etc and was up for the fight elite mentality right there.

Mkhitaryan

He couldn't cope with Saka at the start, probably because it's his first time playing against a player with such quality - fast, technical and strong. He did however, slowly recovered from that and hounded Saka so much in the second half that Saka kicked him petulantly. That is a clear indication that he frustrated Saka a lot which means he did well with what he was tasked with. The ones who are scapegoating him in this thread clearly didn't watch the game but just the highlights and is here to shit on any player to feel a bit better about themselves.
vs Salah gw3?

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
Only saw second half, but he seemed to cope with Saka ok from what I saw.
Saka's goal though saw him ball watching a bit, he should have dropped back into position as soon as Arsenal won the ball, and have been covering Saka, but he gets back to the edge of the box and inexplicably stops, instead of making up those few strides to Saka. I'm sure Ten Hag would have had a little word after the game, but for a young player coming into a tough league, and facing two of the premiership's best RW in Salah and Saka he's done well, and I'm certain he will get better.

Mike Smalling

This guy is still only a handful of games into his Premier League career, so I'm not too worried about a bit of a shaky performance against a pretty decent Arsenal team. It looks like he has the physical attributes, skill on the ball and attitude to succeed with us. He can only get better with experience, and if he does, we will have made a bargain.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
I like how quick he tries to bring or carry the ball forward. And that always forces the winger to sprint back as well

Beans

Supports
Neutral
I have a feeling that he will become a very good LB after one season when he 'll have learnt a lot about EPL,
yesterday reminded me Evra debut vs city's sinclair and vassel
He doesn’t know any of the wingers in the league, having 2 games against each, or close to it, will certainly do wonders.

It’s not unlike how a winger in a new league will often over-perform at first as defenders aren’t familiar with his scouting report.

BrilliantOrange

Supports
Ajax Amsterdam
As an Ajax and United fan.. I have to say that ever prior to him being even linked to United I already thought.. Its just impossible not to love this guy..

Blood Mage

Not sure if this guy is a first choice Manchester United left-back going forward, but for now I'll take his energy and commitment over Shaw's lethargy every day of the week.

Skills

Snitch
Underwhelming. Won't be a bad long term back up for that price though

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
That pass to Elanga was very good. Thought he did well.

He's by no means world class but never a liability.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I thought he played well and was good in a inverted role where he made a few line breaking passes which we didn't take advantage of.

His role in the team is to tuck in and provide the vertical pass in the half spaces or be in a position to control both the half-space and wide space on his side in tandem with the left CB.

And for any fullback to succeed long-term in a high intensity approach, they obviously need to play with high energy and a tenaciousness that has been missing at fullback for many years.

Abraxas

He seemed a little more attacking tonight. Probably because we had the lions share of the ball for the first time in a while. He does play very narrow in some areas and then likes to wander out once the ball is higher up the pitch which seems to work relatively well. I guess he's used to playing like that as it seems natural to him. Hoping for him to get an assist soon to boost his confidence in attack.

UnitedRepublic

I enjoy having him in the team he’s really involved in the game and the build up, just turned 23 not even in his prime yet he’s gonna become a wonderful player no doubt about it.

Red00012

I thought he played well

beats like at one paced Shaw that’s for sure he will only get better and I’m looking forward to see how he improves over the course of the season

Telsim

Apparently he's not only had the most touches (84) but also a Pass Accuracy of 93%!?

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Evra was ridiculously one footed, matters little for a left back in my opinion.
Especially if someone is agile/flexible as he is. He is great under pressure when he has the ball; probably one of our most pressure resistant players already in the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.