Tyrell Malacia | Romano: Here we go…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Godfather

I expect him to be sold. He's one of the few players that ten Hag doesn't seem interested in.

There's also this.

Let's hope so. He has a great left foot but apart from that he's hardly a footballer. Worst buy from Ole which says quite something.

Xanther

Let's hope so. He has a great left foot but apart from that he's hardly a footballer. Worst buy from Ole which says quite something.
His best game was that debut vs PSG. I always hoped to see that formation again, with Shaw at LCB. I think it took the pressure off the both of them

Godfather

His best game was that debut vs PSG. I always hoped to see that formation again, with Shaw at LCB. I think it took the pressure off the both of them
Meh we can't have two players for the job one should be able to pull off all the time.

Kaos

Was he though? I'd think Ole signing a RB who can't go forward for £50million or Harry feckin Maguire for £80million takes some beating.

Xanther

Was he though? I'd think Ole signing a RB who can't go forward for £50million or Harry feckin Maguire for £80million takes some beating.
I agree on AWB but not Maguire. He looked great for England prior and was good for us for 2 years, just unfortunate Leicester wouldn't budge on that price.

Woodzy

We may as well just track the entire Dutch airspace with the transfers we have lined up over the coming weeks.

Godfather

It's a close call as we had some incredibly shit transfers under him but yeah I'd say Telles is the worst of a bad bunch.

Onerealunited

Why the hell do we spend money on him. I really don’t understand it. We have Shaw, Telles and Fernandez that can play the position. We have a limited budget and still spend money on backups on an area that is not a must to upgrade. I hate seeing us invest in potentially future deadwood

I’d rather that we buy 1-2 players to the first team that we really think can fight for a start eleven and then use youth players for backup positions than acquiring 1-2 additional backup players - especially taking into account how difficult it is for us to sell players. According to the Manchester United official page we have now 33 players in the senior team! So definitely no need to buy additional backups - rather a big need to reduce the size of the squad

fps

Why the hell do we spend money on him. I really don’t understand it. We have Shaw, Telles and Fernandez that can play the position. We have a limited budget and still spend money on backups on an area that is not a must to upgrade. I hate seeing us invest in potentially future deadwood

I’d rather that we buy 1-2 players to the first team that we really think can fight for a start eleven and then use youth players for backup positions than acquiring 1-2 additional backup players - especially taking into account how difficult it is for us to sell players. According to the Manchester United official page we have now 33 players in the senior team! So definitely no need to buy additional backups - rather a big need to reduce the size of the squad
And why have we spent so much money on left backs and right backs? I can't believe we haven't been able to find two reliable competent high quality performers for these positions. Here we are buying another one!

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20

You answered your own question. I can also play that position.

Rojofiam

We need 2 good players in each position, just like City do for example. From the 3 players you've listed only Shaw fits that criteria, but he's very injury prone. Telles is a bum. We don't know anything about Fernandez. Having Shaw and Malacia likely solves our LB problems for many years to come. If we can sell Telles for 10-15m too then we basically upgraded that position for free. Not to mention that Malacia looks very special and had he went to Lyon he most likely would've been sold to another top team for 60m or more in 2 years.

Last edited:

SATA

Isn’t surprised to see this thread has little business and interest after the De Jong and Ronaldo news :lol:

Come on lads, we are finally signing a new player!

ForeverRed1

He is 17 million and has the potential to be worth much much more. This is what top clubs do, snap up the talent and bring out the potential and value. What would Robertson be worth now? Shaw has had one world class season since he came.. telles isn’t good enough and malacia is available. ETH has been a admirer for a while. 2-3 seasons from now, not many of these players will still be here.

if ETH wants him, role with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.