Tyrell Malacia | Romano: Here we go…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Comparing Eredivisie vs Premier League stats is misleading. On top of that, Feyenoord were a very dominant team last season while we had ended with a 0 goal difference.
I'm not comparing Eredivisie with EPL stats but rather comparing the approach of Jurgen Klopp and Arne Slot when it comes to utilising the fullbacks in the offensive transition. I've made that clear in the post.

DevTheRed

It’s 5 sub in EPL next season. Everyone will get plenty of minutes as long as they perform.
Ahhh keep forgetting about this! Definitely welcome this rule change.. hopefully more youngsters get some minutes.

Infestissumam

can't say I know much about him, but the more I read up on him, the more I like it. Can hardly be worse than Telles, right?

DeGea’sFeet

I’ve never heard of him. But I’m excited by this signing. It’s like a proper Man Utd signing, true no one knows how it will turn out, but this looks like the signing made by a manager who knows his system, knows what he wants in a player, can identify potential/ability in players to suit his system.

Reactions: Penna

Fooza

Not to criticize this signing as I don't know much about the lad, but are we seriously just buying players from Ajax/dutch players or players in the dutch league? Thought that was a joke at the start

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
Not to criticize this signing as I don't know much about the lad, but are we seriously just buying players from Ajax/dutch players or players in the dutch league? Thought that was a joke at the start
The club is reshuffling the scouting department along with other areas. The manager will go with players he already knows if he doesn't have other information. This is good as these players will make the transition to the manager's style of play easier.

NoPace

Fantastic read, thanks. Several mentions of his tactical abilities, slotting into auxiliary central midfield positions. I'm guessing that's what Ten Hag finds most attractive.
Maybe the idea is to play on the left side the way Ajax did this on the right, with Sancho wide left and coming deep to get on the ball and bring it forward like Antony did, and then Malacia as Mazraoui running into the half space that's now open and playing a mix of RB and RCM.

Waynne

This guy looks an engine but with technique.

A true successor to our Ji Sung '3 lungs' Park

city-puma

Maybe the idea is to play on the left side the way Ajax did this on the right, with Sancho wide left and coming deep to get on the ball and bring it forward like Antony did, and then Malacia as Mazraoui running into the half space that's now open and playing a mix of RB and RCM.
Interesting thinking.

George The Best

Thought our priority was RB, hope this signing means we are also addressing the weaker areas in this window - otherwise don’t quite understand it.

Dempsey19

Maybe we should buy players from Juventus/Real Madrid/Dortmund instead so.

That worked so well in the past.

George The Best

The club is reshuffling the scouting department along with other areas. The manager will go with players he already knows if he doesn't have other information. This is good as these players will make the transition to the manager's style of play easier.
Looks like we’ve reshuffled to Holland

Fooza

Maybe we should buy players from Juventus/Real Madrid/Dortmund instead so.

That worked so well in the past.
Don't you dare say Real Madrid, Di Maria is a legend around here, every thread mentions the man, the myth, the legend.

Didn't we sign a few dutchies over the past few years that also didn't work well :nervous: Let's hope ETH works his magic, eh?

VanDeBank

Ma’am
I'm not comparing Eredivisie with EPL stats but rather comparing the approach of Jurgen Klopp and Arne Slot when it comes to utilising the fullbacks in the offensive transition. I've made that clear in the post.
I was criticizing the tweet, not your observation, which I agree with.

Greck

We'd do well to start dropping preconceived notions about priority areas. We rate a player doesn't mean ETH does.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Usually I would agree but if we're bringing in Frenkie de Jong and Malacia, I have no complaints. These are serious ballers regardless of nationality.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Don't you dare say Real Madrid, Di Maria is a legend around here, every thread mentions the man, the myth, the legend.

Didn't we sign a few dutchies over the past few years that also didn't work well :nervous: Let's hope ETH works his magic, eh?
Depends on far you want to go back I suppose.

Muhren -Cruyff -Van der Gouw - Stam -Ruud - VDS - RvP - Buttner - Blind - Memphis - Donny.

Not including Timothy and Chong. It's an okay return.
The last 4 were shit, although we got some mileage out of Blind and barely made a loss on him.

Stam Ruud VDS RVP was the jackpot. Fond memories :drool:

Looks like we’ve reshuffled to Holland
Pretty much, although I think this is it as far the Dutch signings go. We might grab a non-Dutch Ajax player and one more signing. I never thought Timber made sense, maybe next season.

Fooza

Muhren -Cruyff -Van der Gouw - Stam -Ruud - VDS - RvP - Buttner - Blind - Memphis - Donny.

The last 4 were shit, although we got some mileage out of Blind and barely made a loss on him.

Add De Jong with those players and that's a spine right there :drool:

city-puma

Pretty much, although I think this is it as far the Dutch signings go. We might grab a non-Dutch Ajax player and one more signing. I never thought Timber made sense, maybe next season.
Please remove Blind from the shit list. He is a great player and did very well for us. For all the players being cleared out, he is the only one I think we should keep.

Blood Mage

Hopefully next summer our new scouting/recruitment department will be fully prepared and ready and we'll be targeting more exciting talents, but for now I have no problem with Ten Hag looking at players he would have signed for Ajax. Better than what we've been doing the last few years.

DSG

A couple things.

‘This seems to have gone past the rumor stage. So it seems there is legit interest on our side.

Erik has seen a lot of him, potentially six matches in person, maybe more. I’m sure they’ve scouted/watched all of his matches. I always loved it when SAF bought within the PL, almost every buy turned out well. My guess is that he wasn’t on our radar at all before Ten Hag arrived.

Telles and Dalot were abysmal defensively last season. I think something like 40% of the goals we surrendered were an issue with the wing defender. Either it was poor positioning, a missed tackle, or a failure to close down. A lot of times, it looks like a Maguire/ Lindelof/ Varane error, but mostly they were trying to cleanup the messes left by Telles and Dalot.

Say what you want of Shaw and AWB, but both are much much better defensively than Telles and Dalot. Shaw, on his day, is an excellent LB and should be our no.1. AWB has his limitations, mostly his passing and defensive positioning, but in the 20/21 season had 6 assists in all competitions. Okay, not exactly Trent Alexander Arnold, but he was making strides in that area. No one could ever accuse him of failing to close down and he is an outstanding in the tackle.

My point is that this seems to be a squad building buy, which is fine, but IMHO, we still desperately need a DM. If you don’t like AWB, an RB is certainly more urgent as Dalot is a walking turnstile, who, it must be said, practically gives a high-five and shouts “Ole” as the left winger goes by him.

In Erik We Trust, I guess….

Hester_manc

I have low expectations to this lad. But on the other hand - Ten Hag knows the dutch league better than most people, and he might have spottede a talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.