Tyrell Malacia | Romano: Here we go…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
its never a good sign when a coach only can think of players in his past league
Agree. Hopefully it’s just 1 or 2 players and not us going after De Jong, Malacia, Martinez and Anthony from being ex Ajax or Dutch league players.

People mentioning Arsene Wenger targeting French players nearly 3 decades ago in comparison to the best managers in the league these days means absolutely crap all.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I don't think that this guy is better or will be than Shaw. If he is bought as backup for Shaw then good. But Shaw is more complete full back.

GreatDane

As long as the signings are an upgrade and good enough then I don't care if he's signing his entire family let alone simply Dutch players.
He's about to (hopefuly) change our entire philosophy so I understand if he needs players that get it straight away and help him achieve it.

When it clicks it'll be much simpler to add new players and coach them into an already functioning setup.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Based off what? 2 good seasons in8 years?
Aye when he’s fit and when he can be bothered. My patience with Shaw is gone at this point, he’s flattered to deceive for years.
Don't know. I admit that i am biased towards Shaw. I love seeing a complete player. He has everything. Skill, good defensive abilities, solid pace, he worked well on positioning which was his major flaw, has good cross. As i said; i am little biased but i rate him a lot

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
its never a good sign when a coach only can think of players in his past league

When you think about it, its probably well acknowledged just how entitled and toxic our squad of players are.
How many managers have they 'thrown under the bus' I'm starting to lose count.
The way that they simply downed tools under Rangnick was absolutely disgraceful.

So doesn't it make a lot of sense for Ten Hag to look at recruiting players that he knows and trusts.
Players that will quickly take onboard his guidance and style, and won't throw their toys out of the pram because its too much like hard work?

romufc

Agree. Hopefully it’s just 1 or 2 players and not us going after De Jong, Malacia, Martinez and Anthony from being ex Ajax or Dutch league players.

People mentioning Arsene Wenger targeting French players nearly 3 decades ago in comparison to the best managers in the league these days means absolutely crap all.
Does it matter where they are from if they are the profile that the manager wants?

If Frenkie is the midfielder he wants, are you saying he isnt good enough because he played in the Dutch league?

Or Malacia?

Lisandro and Antony have been linked with other clubs too. He isn't going around buying players like Fellaini just because he is from his old club.

The players linked actually fix a problem we have in our squad. If you asked a Manutd fan, name a midfielder they'd like, Frenkie would be up there, RW Antony would be up there.

DanNistelrooy

Lineup Prediction & Last Man Standing winner 2017
Watching those compilations of him you can definitely see shades of Evra there (Yes I know it's just a youtube comp). It's the sort of player I had hoped AWB would have evolved into in possession - just doing the basics well in possession and using athleticism to be a threat going forward - but that's not happened since the 20/21 season.

Shaw/Malacia seems like a solid LB situation anyway. Telles is just not good / physical enough for English football, but I expect him to get a decent move to a club in Spain/France where he'd do okay.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
The more I think about this deal the merrier i become, I really hope he smashes it really like what I'm seeing with him.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
I don't think that this guy is better or will be than Shaw. If he is bought as backup for Shaw then good. But Shaw is more complete full back.
I'm a fan of Shaw but this phrase is used far too much in football and I think is also a bit meaningless.

He doesn't show his top level anywhere near enough and I think is too inconsistent.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
For me a “complete” player is a lot more reliable and consistent than Shaw has ever been.
Yeah, being consistent is a major problem with Shaw. Lets see which Shaw we will see this year. I have faith that under proper manager, which ETH is, we will see Shaw from two seasons ago (season before Euro) where Shaw was great.
I think that he is in same bracket as Rashford. Season where he will either play at his best or he will be sold next year.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Hi Guys,

Feyenoord fan and Man Utd follower here.

15 million is an absolute steal for this guy! And I think you guys will love Malacia! He's without a doubt one of my favourite left backs that has ever played for my club.

Tyrell is very fast and agile, with an extreme drive forward. His tackling is really sharp and he doesn''t hesitate to throw all of his body into a tackle (in a good way).
I would say he is a very clever guy with a good mentality. He will always give 120% in each and every game.

In my opinion, he needs to improve on the ball. It's not bad, but he could be better on that part.

It's just a matter of time until he becomes our first left back for the Dutch national team instead of Daley Blind.

Tyrell is a great guy and he deserves this next step to the PL.

Ask me anything about him, if you'd like!
P.s. Sorry for any grammar or spelling mistakes. English is not my native language :)
Feyenoord is taking over the caf :devil:

Ox_Rotterdam

Supports
Feyenoord
Hello Ox Rotterdam and welcome to the forum mate :D

Thanks for the insight into Malacia as a player.

How is his crosses or passes into the box?
Thanks!

His crosses are okay. Not special or anything. His passing is better because he has a good vision, what makes his through balls really good.

Also he is dribbling-wise pretty awesome. He has very short turns with the ball, what gives him the ability to get rid of his opponent fairly easy.
For example. Malacia completed 50 dribbles last Eredivisie season. More than any other defender in the league.

He was a great duo with left winger Luis Sinisterra. He looks a lot for the 1-2 combination to launch himself forward and going for a cross or shot.

Is he purely a LB or can/has he play wing-back or RB?

Nice post you wrote, by the way.
He mainly played as LB at Feyenoord, but also plays as LWB at the national team. He never played RB (i think)

Reactions: Fortitude

TheDosser56

I hope he replaces Shaw immediately and I think he will.. both Mourinho, Rangnick and now Erik Ten Hag didn't like Shaw and I imagine it's his lazy attitude plus he's the most sellable left-back because of English Tax plus his contract ends soon.. No way Erik Ten Hag signing a backup to Shaw as a priority in the first transfer window when there's so many areas of the team that are more important. And no way a Dutch International in a World Cup year is joining United instead of Ajax without knowing he's going to start regularly. He's Evra 2.0 and needs to be given his head. An absolute bargain.

I'm sick of the "English clique" of Shaw, Maguire and Rashford. Overrated pile of rubbish who are so lazy and part of the reason the dressing room morale is on the floor as they have too much power just because they are English when they shouldn't even be at the club anymore after last season no second or third chances they'll constantly stab a new manager in the back you can't rely on them as a new manager (like Roy Keane said). Erik Ten Hag will NOT pander to them like Ole did. Just look at the comments on this forum.. some fans are still trying to protect them.. bizarre! They are massive FLOPS!

Centre-Back next to replace Maguire and then Anthony to replace Rashford. Go on Erik!

Last edited:

Olecurls99

I don't see him ousting Shaw but he looks like a very good backup. Comfortable on the ball and tough in the tackle

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Hi Guys,

Feyenoord fan and Man Utd follower here.

15 million is an absolute steal for this guy! And I think you guys will love Malacia! He's without a doubt one of my favourite left backs that has ever played for my club.

Tyrell is very fast and agile, with an extreme drive forward. His tackling is really sharp and he doesn''t hesitate to throw all of his body into a tackle (in a good way).
I would say he is a very clever guy with a good mentality. He will always give 120% in each and every game.

In my opinion, he needs to improve on the ball. It's not bad, but he could be better on that part.

It's just a matter of time until he becomes our first left back for the Dutch national team instead of Daley Blind.

Tyrell is a great guy and he deserves this next step to the PL.

Ask me anything about him, if you'd like!
P.s. Sorry for any grammar or spelling mistakes. English is not my native language :)
How does he react under the press?
is he press resistant ?
Also welcome to the Cafe!

Ox_Rotterdam

Supports
Feyenoord
Why is this a problem? He is going for players he watched alot. He certainly watched Tyrell extensively.
ETH even wanted to sign Tyrell at rival Ajax. But Malacia admitted he is a Feyenoord fan ever since he was a kid and would never move to Ajax. He was born an raised in Rotterdam an joined the youth academy when he was 9 years old.

How does he react under the press?
is he press resistant ?
Also welcome to the Cafe!
Thanks!

Oh yes! Pressure doesn't seem to bother him at all.

In 2017 our first choice left back got injured 1 or 2 days before the Champions League game against Napoli and that's when Malacia heard he was making his debut in the starting line-up.
Lorenzo Insigne had a really hard time getting past him, I think Malacia even got MOTM for that game. We fell immediately in love with this smiling Pitbull (We call him Pitbull sometimes, because he 'grabs' you and doesn't let go until he get what he wants)

As a newbie I've only got 3 posts. So this was my last one today. :(

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Would love to have been in the room when Lyon found out about United's bid and the mood turned sour :lol:

Sacré bleu!

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
Sick to the back teeth of Luke Shaw and Telles is dire so I'm chuffed with this one. Absolute peanuts too.

JoaquinJoaquin

If it's true we are selling Andreas for round 10 million, then this deal is nearly already paid for, so shouldn't cut into our budget really.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
to say, I've never even heard this guy's name before is an understatement... why don't we do what City have done and buy the whole damn club
:lol::)

OverratedOpinion

Signed him on my United career on Fifa a couple of months ago and he was incredible despite me being utterly shite at Fifa so he is basically superhuman.

Status
Not open for further replies.