Tyrell Malacia | Romano: Here we go…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uniquim

Its a scummy move to switch agency during a big transfer.
It seems there may have been some unexpected agents fees presented to Lyon, that was part of why they didn't continue to pursue the transfer.
Lyon commented on it during their Tolisso presentation.Translations below from Reddit:

“It's not about money. But I will be VERY clear: the Institution is always more important than any player and sometimes we have some requests - it's like that in football world - ... well ... we don't answer to them. We will not put at risk the Institution for a player. I think the president is happy to be able to sleep peacefully at night without the chance to have the police in front of his house the next morning. I don't want it neither. We will never put at risk the institution for any player. I can't tell you everything but … as the president said earlier, the contract would be signed since last Tuesday with Manchester United and it's still not closed. Ask yourself why. About some commissions, to pay them to some para... we DON’T do that. It's true that sometimes deal could be off because we don’t do that but we want to recruit a good LB and we will find a good LB, don't worry.
[A journalist asked if it’s completely over] For us, the deal is off. He didn’t sign already, right? But for us, the deal is off. Because…well…the probity of the club is more important than anything else. And we are proud to work for a club with such values.”

dasty

Ali Dursun was handling his transfer to Lyon though, and with Malacia now opting to change his agent maybe it is Ali that was being dodgy in the first place? There were also a lot of talks about Barca not wanting to pay some agent fees to Ali and he is trying to get it back from the FDJ's transfer.

Of course the first thing redcafe did is to call Malacia scummy or being dodgy instead of doubting the agent :lol:

VanDeBank

Ma’am
100% this. His dad wants his cut now that his kid made it.
I doubt it, given his character and history. He had personal terms agreed quite quickly with both Lyon (and fecking Brugge) last summer, so I doubt its about the $$$) Rumour has it he thought his agent wasn't looking out for him and kept bringing up his own fee.

He only switched to this agent at the start of the season.

SAF is the GOAT

Even if that is the case, why would that be scummy? Much rather people's families benefit from their children's success than some greedy leech of an agent.
I'm assuming its because they wanted to take advantage of the agent's connections with football clubs, something that his father probably doesn't have

redcucumber

I'm assuming its because they wanted to take advantage of the agent's connections with football clubs, something that his father probably doesn't have
If ten Hag personally wanted Malacia, he wouldn't need an agent. He just needs someone with his best interests at heart that knows his worth. Sounds like they've employed a football lawyer to get things sorted, so sounds like the ideal outcome. We get Malacia, his family get paid, the agent gets squat. Happy days.

Reactions: Sultan

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
So three possibilities… he wants to get his dad cash, he’s scummy or his agent is dodgy.

and you go 1 and 2?
If his agent was dodgy, it wouldn't take him this long into his career to see that. Its scummy to tell the agent who worked for you for so long to feck off and then get your dad paid an agent fee right before a big move.

Giggsyking

If his agent was dodgy, it wouldn't take him this long into his career to see that. Its scummy to tell the agent who worked for you for so long to feck off and then get your dad paid an agent fee right before a big move.
sometimes things appear when player want to move to another club. It is his first transfer ever and he might witnessed the problems with the Lyon deal and said to himself nope this man is no good!

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Mate do some research. This is the first summer he's doing any business with this agent.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
There has to be some sort of regulation with regards to agents. It's an absolute nonsense they can theoretically ruin moves etc. Should not have any power at all beyond acting as middle men.

Seven Seas Sardines

Fair dues to Malacia, no social media and now no pariah whoring him out every window. Kid wants to focus on his football and now his fees and wages will probably be lower and more easily negotiated.

Worrying that this dodgy agent represents Frenkie though, as we might have to wait another month for personal terms and agent fee struggles on that deal..

Red the Bear

Something less generic
I know social media whoring has no bearing on someone's footballing capabilities but it's really making me like and respect the kid with the things that are being reported.

Really seems to have the right mentality, hope he makes it.

Henrik Larsson

Still logged in at RAWK (help!)
It's a little more complicated than that. Generally speaking the whole agent business is a genuine cowboy world where the most bizarre shit happens, and obviously none of us have got a single clue what's really going on here so it's impossible to draw a fair conclusion.

I don't know if you've been following the Stefan de Vrij saga? He sued his agency last year over his Inter Milan transfer, and the stuff that came out was seriously nasty. He was represented by a guy called Kees Vos, owner of one of the most high profile Dutch footballing agencies, who've also represented Robin van Persie and countless of other players. They basically stole millions from him, and also from other players like Thomas Vermaelen, it was borderline criminal:

https://www.leathesprior.co.uk/news/de-vrij-wins-lawsuit-against-former-agent

Again generally speaking, I've also learned that there are quite often 5 different parties involved with transfers, for example a couple of different agencies, lawyers, parents, who all want their cut. And usually players start getting agents at the age of 15, before they even sign their first professional contract, with literally hundreds of shady figures trying to lure in kids at youth academies, befriending their families and showering them with gifts like TV's or just cash money.

What I know about Ali Dursun is that his stepson was in the same youth academy as Frenkie de Jong, the Willem II/RKC academy. Ali Dursun used to drive Frenkie and his stepson to training, and that's effectively how he ended up becoming his agent, just a guy with no real significant experience who was lucky there was a personal connection between him and De Jong. And obviously after Frenkie de Jong's transfer to Barcelona he's suddenly become one of the most influental Dutch agents getting more and more other players interested, and he also has international clients like Lindelöf.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
It's a little more complicated than that. Generally speaking the whole agent business is a genuine cowboy world where the most bizarre shit happens, and obviously none of us have got a single clue what's really going on here so it's impossible to draw a fair conclusion.

I don't know if you've been following the Stefan de Vrij saga? He sued his agency last year over his Inter Milan transfer, and the stuff that came out was seriously nasty. He was represented by a guy called Kees Vos, owner of one of the most high profile Dutch footballing agencies, who've also represented Robin van Persie and countless of other players. They basically stole millions from him, and also from other players like Thomas Vermaelen, it was borderline criminal:

https://www.leathesprior.co.uk/news/de-vrij-wins-lawsuit-against-former-agent

Again generally speaking, I've also learned that there are quite often 5 different parties involved with transfers, for example a couple of different agencies, lawyers, parents, who all want their cut. And usually players start getting agents at the age of 15, before they even sign their first professional contract, with literally hundreds of shady figures trying to lure in kids at youth academies, befriending their families and showering them with gifts like TV's or just cash money.

What I know about Ali Dursun is that his stepson was in the same youth academy as Frenkie de Jong, the Willem II/RKC academy. Ali Dursun used to drive Frenkie and his stepson to training, and that's effectively how he ended up becoming his agent, just a guy with no real significant experience who was lucky there was a personal connection between him and De Jong. And obviously after Frenkie de Jong's transfer to Barcelona he's suddenly become one of the most influental Dutch agents getting more and more other players interested, and he also has international clients like Lindelöf.
I mean that agency has some prime clients including Van de Beek and Zakaria that big teams have previously done business with.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/hcm-sports-management/beraterfirma/berater/2252

I'm not saying the agents are saints, far from that but its easy to put two and two together when the timing is not a coincidence right? Players makes his first big move, suddenly wants to change representation to his family.

Status
Not open for further replies.