Tyrell Malacia | Romano: Here we go…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
His shooting and crossing look better than it is in the compilation. He attempts a lot of them so he's bound to have a few screamers/assists in there.

He is capable of having an entire game where he fails to deliver a single good cross.

Malacia is better than our left backs this season. If Shaw plays like Shawberto (last season), then he'd force most left backs to the bench. Malacia's injury record is stellar. He's missed 1 out of 46 games this season with a minor knock.
I think this is the profile of player we need anyway. Get away from signing expensive names and grow our new identity with hungry hardworking players.

didz

I don’t think he’ll come close to replacing Shaw if he arrives next season though. It’s a big step up and Shaw has shown he’s capable of playing at a world class level.
Shaw's only ever played at a world class level when he's had genuine competition for his place. Brandon Williams put him under pressure and reignited Shaw, then Telles' signing seemed to do the same until it was clear Telles wasn't good enough.

Maybe even if competition is all Malacia can provide at 22, it will be enough. Obviously, you'd hope he could develop further than that as well.

BarstoolProphet

I watch him weekly as a Feyenord fan, he is amazing, runs non stop down the left and has skills to beat a man on the ball and off the ball. Most young fullbacks have defensive faults, not him. He loves to defend and would be upset to see him go but at the same time excited to see him at United. Pedersen, our RB is also another top fullback. 40m double bid?
Wonder how he will fare in a better league/club. He has been fantastic for the Norwegian NT. Insanely rapid and runs up and down his flank all day.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I think this is the profile of player we need anyway. Get away from signing expensive names and grow our new identity with hungry hardworking players.
They should also be good footballers. We don't need more Dan James'

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
Signing a back up in any position when we have holes in the first XI is a waste of money. Squad players should rarely every be signed in any case, the trick is to buy starters, and the players they replace will become squad players.
Luke Shaw is as average as full-backs come. 6 months of good form doesn't make you a "world class" "best LB in the world" which is what many on here were anointing him.

It's a priority position for us, in addition to midfield.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Luke Shaw is as average as full-backs come. 6 months of good form doesn't make you a "world class" "best LB in the world" which is what many on here were anointing him.

It's a priority position for us, in addition to midfield.
This 100%

Caesar2290

The fact the ETH took 1 look at our squad and has already identified a major weakness when most fans(myself included) though we were fine on the LB front, shows that we are indeed in good hands.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
The fact the ETH took 1 look at our squad and has already identified a major weakness when most fans(myself included) though we were fine on the LB front, shows that we are indeed in good hands.
Our left side gets destroyed every game, not sure how many missed this. Was a point where Arsenal and Chelsea were only attacking that side in the last couple games as Telles is 50 yards out of position.

Shaw is not reliable as his fitness is always a big issue, even at his best he'll never be that fullback that will constantly run up and down the pitch the way Evra did.

Cassidy

Since when have we been fine at lb?

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
I watch him weekly as a Feyenord fan, he is amazing, runs non stop down the left and has skills to beat a man on the ball and off the ball. Most young fullbacks have defensive faults, not him. He loves to defend and would be upset to see him go but at the same time excited to see him at United. Pedersen, our RB is also another top fullback. 40m double bid?
you’ve just made a lot of us transfer muppets very happy with this paragraph.

Caesar2290

Our left side gets destroyed every game, not sure how many missed this. Was a point where Arsenal and Chelsea were only attacking that side in the last couple games as Telles is 50 yards out of position.

Shaw is not reliable as his fitness is always a big issue, even at his best he'll never be that fullback that will constantly run up and down the pitch the way Evra did.
True. It's just that most fans expected Shaw to revert back to his old form, instead he turned shite this year and was constantly injured. But even so, reading the transfer threads, most people don't even mention signing a left back at all. It's usually CB, CM, RW an ST.

RE:Shaw

I think the Euros and lack of rest during the summer has impacted his form. His latest injury might be a blessing in disguise for next season as he will come back rested and ready to prove himself to the new manager.

Cassidy

True. It's just that most fans expected Shaw to revert back to his old form, instead he turned shite this year and was constantly injured. But even so, reading the transfer threads, most people don't even mention signing a left back at all. It's usually CB, CM, RW an ST.

I think the Euros and lack of rest during the summer has impacted his form. His latest injury might be a blessing in disguise for next season as he will come back rested and ready to prove himself to the new manager.
Shaws old form has always been poor, 9 months of good form doesnt change that

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Signing a back up in any position when we have holes in the first XI is a waste of money. Squad players should rarely every be signed in any case, the trick is to buy starters, and the players they replace will become squad players.
The idea is of course that he has the potential to replace Shaw. But to start off as backup is fine. And if we sell Telles for a similar amount, then we save on wages anyway plus getting someone more suited to the manager with potential. What's not to like?

Infra-red

I have never watched him play, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Ten Hag bring in new fullbacks, a new CB and a new holding midfielder - our current crop are not up to much in terms of building the play from deep, which is what Ten Hag will want to instil asap.

Caesar2290

Shaws old form has always been poor, 9 months of good form doesnt change that
Except he had a few good seasons in him. When he first broke through and up until his leg break he was really good.

Then he had a 2 year readjustment phase post his leg break. He started to pick up form in Jose's last season/ Ole's first season where he was voted our player of the year. Then he slowly built on it till last season when he peaked.

So I wouldn't say he has been absolute dross for years that stole a living.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Does he hold the line well? Or is he like Wan Bissaka, where's he's a great one v one defender, but not so much as a unit.

Tavern in the town

The idea is of course that he has the potential to replace Shaw. But to start off as backup is fine. And if we sell Telles for a similar amount, then we save on wages anyway plus getting someone more suited to the manager with potential. What's not to like?
Because it’s about the allocation of funds. I’m assuming we don’t have an unlimited budget strengthening the starting XI should be the priority.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
The Mirror, so almost certainly not true.

Literally anyone would be better than Telles though.

RkkMan

The Mirror, so almost certainly not true.

Literally anyone would be better than Telles though.
The reporter has been spot on with everything about Ten Hag since the Utd links started though.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Runs like Bissaka. Do not want.
AWB for 14-20 million would have been a great punt signing, same with Maguire when he was leaving Hull etc. Fair enough if the improvement doesn’t come but you can get players who could drastically improve for that kind of money. It’s just giving them enough meaningful games and a proper environment to succeed which is the difficult part. Obviously your scouting needs to be shit hot too.

mikeyt

Bayern signed him on my FM and he starts for them, sign him up!

Kaushal

And after few months into the next season he will go to the World Cup in Nov-Dec, come back physically and mentally exhausted, will probably take no part for the remaining season due to lack of rest and the cycle continues going into his 10th season. At what point we can expect consistency from a professional athlete ? I don’t see the lack of rest after euros impacting Walker, Mount, Rice, Kane , Foden and others or the players from the other national teams who went deep in euros. The excuses made and given to our players are baffling. The guy just can’t keep himself in shape and can’t keep himself fit. His laziness on and off the pitch is not that hard to ignore if you are honest in your assessment.

Jericholyte2

over Davies? Davies and Nuno Mendez are the best LBs in the game.
I don’t know, I brought in Theo Hernández on the first season and him & Sancho on the left are destroying all who stand in their way!

Status
Not open for further replies.