Tyrell Malacia | Romano: Here we go…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blood Mage

A bit surprising that Ten Hag would be looking to replace Shaw before AWB but okay. I'd say it's a RB we need.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I'm a Feyenoord fan, have watched him play weekly for the last 4.5 years. First of all, despite this being originally reported by the Sunday Mirror, it seems to be legit. There's this Feyenoord clubwatcher who doesn't work for any media but is part of the fanbase. He has all the scoops. He confirms that this is correct. It is also unsurprising, given that Erik ten Hag has previously in press conferences confirmed that he's a big fan of Malacia. Together with Wijndal, he was on Ajax's list for a new leftback.

Club Brugge went in for him with a bid of around 8 million pounds last year, which Feyenoord rejected. Club Brugge is no longer interested, but Lyon, Bournemouth and West Ham are currently interested. He is 100% on the move this summer, as he has admitted that Feyenoord hasn't invited for the photoshoot with next seasons jersey. Among supporters, the expectation is that we would sell him for about 12 million pounds, but this may increase with the surging interest. He'll definitely be available for 20 million pounds or less.

Now as to his quality. He came through Feyenoord youth's rank and played for national youth teams. He wasn't considered one of the best talents in the academy, but he got his chance when the first team had several injuries. He made his debut in a Champions League game against Napoli at the age of 18. He played amazingly and Feyenoord won. Since, he has managed to become an important player and obtain a place in the starting eleven. He also has three caps for the Netherlands now, including a start against Germany. He is definitely a Premier League level leftback, although Manchester United may be a bit high. I think a club like Leicester or West Ham would make most sense, I reckon he would be a starter for them (or a back up at United).

He's a very fast and, although short, also a strong player. He is defensively very good, which is the reason why he always plays well in big games where you're put on the back foot for certain phases of the game. He has a brilliant sliding tackle. I think that he carries a resemblance to N'Golo Kanté, despite playing a different position. The only downside of his defensive capabilities is that sometimes he can sometimes be a bit wild. He sometimes picks up cards or may concede a penalty because of a rough challenge, although that's gotten better this year.

His pace also helps him offensively. He gets forward whenever he can and is quite good in his short passing and dribbling. Feyenoord's head coach has said that sometimes he should not dwell on the ball as much as he's inviting challenges, but generally he's good on the ball. His crosses are however not good, don't expect him to feed balls to the strikers. His long shots are also often off target, but he does have an incredibly hard shot. If they're on target, they're goals.

All in all, a physically really strong player with a strong tackle and decent dribbling. He's not better than Shaw but he's definitely a Premier League level leftback
I’m convinced he's an evra regen. Evra got really good at the attacking through his sheer tenacity and strength. I can see this lad becoming a really good PL player and at those prices (and probably lowish wages) that’s better business than we’ve been doing for a long time.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
A bit surprising that Ten Hag would be looking to replace Shaw before AWB but okay. I'd say it's a RB we need.
Not sure it would be replacing Shaw so much as replacing Telles, who is possibly someone we could sell relatively easily.

Andersons Dietician

Is it? Why do the names TAA and Cancelo keep being raised in arguments then? Right on this very board. It seems it’s not enough to say “our RB/LB are not good enough going forward..”
What’s weird I find is doesn’t Blind play as Ajax’s LB making it a 3 at the back? Or does one of ETH’s fullbacks not push in to central positions in midfield playing as an Auxiliary DM allowing for more options and for the team to push higher. Meaning that ETH doesn’t really play with fullbacks that dominate in wide offensive areas.

I haven’t really watched his Ajax since the DeLigt, DeJong and Donny days but from what I’ve read and seen on ETH flying fullbacks (The Cafs obsession) is not his thing.

So you would think if it’s a more measured fullback who can link play or be a 3rd auxiliary CB Shaw is your man for that job if he can get fit.

This guy sounds interesting and hopefully be a challenge for Shaw but then you would think Williams is hoping to come back and do that. Seems to me ETH likes a solid footballer who can pass. Shaw fits those qualities, hopefullly Malacia has similar qualities.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Crossing a football is just one trait to being a good fullback. Pace, ball progression, and the ability to run up and down the flank for 90 minutes are all far more important.
Agreed. Aside from the cutbacks Evra didn't really have a cross on him but he was hugely important for our attack.

James Peril

Let’s calm down a little bit with all the players mentioned from the Dutch league. The level is extremely low compared the Premier League, two of Ajax’ star players failed massively in England a short while ago, different planets, different sport. Of course not saying no player from the Eredivisie will succeed in England, but let us hope our scouts have their eyes on bigger and more professional leagues in Europe.

James Peril

We need both, Luke Shaw is several levels below the top left-backs in Europe. Never going to be good enough, so if there’s an option we need to take it.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Let’s calm down a little bit with all the players mentioned from the Dutch league. The level is extremely low compared the Premier League, two of Ajax’ star players failed massively in England a short while ago, different planets, different sport. Of course not saying no player from the Eredivisie will succeed in England, but let us hope our scouts have their eyes on bigger and more professional leagues in Europe.
This is the only one which we have a reputable link for.

Rocknrolla69er

I honestly don't get this crap, how did van dijk ever make it or get signed

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
:lol:

SATA

I like that all the Dutch league watchers including the Feyenoord fans collectively agree that while his overall game is very good and promising, he’s ultimately shite at crossing the ball :lol:

SamVimes

I like that all the Dutch league watchers including the Feyenoord fans collectively agree that while his overall game is very good and promising, he’s ultimately shite at crossing the ball :lol:
He'll fit in well here so, as all our fullbacks can't cross the ball

Red-17

Shaw is never going to play more than about 75% of games for us, so even if he's in top form, we need another quality fullback option. It is way too important of a position to have a below average player (Telles) or makeshift option playing that many games. Agree though that we still need a right back almost certainly.

Stadjer

The Dutch league is a professional league… it cant get more professional. Our clubs just dont get millions in tv money that can be wasted on buying average defenders for 80m.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I watch him weekly as a Feyenord fan, he is amazing, runs non stop down the left and has skills to beat a man on the ball and off the ball. Most young fullbacks have defensive faults, not him. He loves to defend and would be upset to see him go but at the same time excited to see him at United. Pedersen, our RB is also another top fullback. 40m double bid?
Well we can swap them for Luke Shaw. He's always injured and tend to give 4 months of good football every 7 years but he's British, he's got ample United DNA and he knows what Manchester United is all about.

FeyenoordUK

Supports
Feyenoord
I’m convinced he's an evra regen. Evra got really good at the attacking through his sheer tenacity and strength. I can see this lad becoming a really good PL player and at those prices (and probably lowish wages) that’s better business than we’ve been doing for a long time.
His wages indeed won't be too high. He didn't have an agent until last year. Feyenoord will likely pays him no more than 500k pounds per year. He does have an agent now (Ali Dursun), who is also the agent of Frenkie de Jong and Donny van de Beek. But the wages on him won't be high.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Well we can swap them for Luke Shaw. He's always injured and tend to give 4 months of good football every 7 years but he's British, he's got ample United DNA and he knows what Manchester United is all about.
Give over Dev it’s getting boring

AlexUTD

He is really good. Most promising fullback we have in the Eredivisie. Insane stamina, really good on 1vs1 defending. Technically very good. Only part he sucks at is crossing. Good dribble and insanely good 1vs1 and a great passer. He creates space for attackers.

Hope you guys sign Timber, Malacia and Sangara for about 70/80m. It would improve your squad dramastically.
You sir speak alot of sense! We would improve greatly with these guys. Sangare is a really good CDM.

devilish

I'm a Feyenoord fan, have watched him play weekly for the last 4.5 years. First of all, despite this being originally reported by the Sunday Mirror, it seems to be legit. There's this Feyenoord clubwatcher who doesn't work for any media but is part of the fanbase. He has all the scoops. He confirms that this is correct. It is also unsurprising, given that Erik ten Hag has previously in press conferences confirmed that he's a big fan of Malacia. Together with Wijndal, he was on Ajax's list for a new leftback.

Club Brugge went in for him with a bid of around 8 million pounds last year, which Feyenoord rejected. Club Brugge is no longer interested, but Lyon, Bournemouth and West Ham are currently interested. He is 100% on the move this summer, as he has admitted that Feyenoord hasn't invited for the photoshoot with next seasons jersey. Among supporters, the expectation is that we would sell him for about 12 million pounds, but this may increase with the surging interest. He'll definitely be available for 20 million pounds or less.

Now as to his quality. He came through Feyenoord youth's rank and played for national youth teams. He wasn't considered one of the best talents in the academy, but he got his chance when the first team had several injuries. He made his debut in a Champions League game against Napoli at the age of 18. He played amazingly and Feyenoord won. Since, he has managed to become an important player and obtain a place in the starting eleven. He also has three caps for the Netherlands now, including a start against Germany. He is definitely a Premier League level leftback, although Manchester United may be a bit high. I think a club like Leicester or West Ham would make most sense, I reckon he would be a starter for them (or a back up at United).

He's a very fast and, although short, also a strong player. He is defensively very good, which is the reason why he always plays well in big games where you're put on the back foot for certain phases of the game. He has a brilliant sliding tackle. I think that he carries a resemblance to N'Golo Kanté, despite playing a different position. The only downside of his defensive capabilities is that sometimes he can sometimes be a bit wild. He sometimes picks up cards or may concede a penalty because of a rough challenge, although that's gotten better this year.

His pace also helps him offensively. He gets forward whenever he can and is quite good in his short passing and dribbling. Feyenoord's head coach has said that sometimes he should not dwell on the ball as much as he's inviting challenges, but generally he's good on the ball. His crosses are however not good, don't expect him to feed balls to the strikers. His long shots are also often off target, but he does have an incredibly hard shot. If they're on target, they're goals.

All in all, a physically really strong player with a strong tackle and decent dribbling. He's not better than Shaw but he's definitely a Premier League level leftback
What do you think about Owen Wijndal? Is he better then Malacia?

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Wijndal is more aesthetically pleasing, but Malacia is stronger and is much more of a fighter. I'd say all things added up they're about equal. I rate Malacia more, though I'm obviously biased.

devilish

Wijndal is more aesthetically pleasing, but Malacia is stronger and is much more of a fighter. I'd say all things added up they're about equal. I rate Malacia more, though I'm obviously biased.
Thanks for your input

FeyenoordUK

Supports
Feyenoord
Louis van Gaal has a preference for Malacia. I agree with what has been said above, Wijndal is more aesthetically pleasing. I think they're very close in general level, although they are very different types of left backs. If you want a left back who can pick out a pass in the opponents box, Wijndal is your guy. If you want to be solid defensively and have athleticism going forward without losing too much in terms of dribbling, Malacia is the better choice.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
The Dutch league is a professional league… it cant get more professional. Our clubs just dont get millions in tv money that can be wasted on buying average defenders for 80m.
Ouch

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Wijndal is equally good at one on one defending and has a much better cross but his overall defensive game isn't as good as Malacia's. Wijndal's not as press resistant and often hugs the sideline too much.

LVG's and ETH's preference for Malacia is justified.

I'm guessing you're referring to Haller and VDB, neither of which were "star players" for any Ajax side, unless star player is so loosely defined it includes the entire first team of Ajax.

VDB was nowhere near being Ajax's best player, which is why he went for a significantly smaller fee than De Ligt and De Jong.

Haller was a Utrecht player before he left the league and most Ajax fans don't think he's that great.

I agree with your overall point that our league is shit, but let's not make things up.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
The analysts of Studio Voetbal are impressed by Tyrell Malacia. The left back of Feyenoord is described by Ibrahim Afellay as a 'pit bull' that wingers do not like to face. The sharpness of Malacia has also been noticed by Rafael van der Vaart, while Arno Vermeulen sees the best left back for the Dutch national team in Malacia. Not only Malacia's footballing qualities, but also his character can charm the analysts.

According to Van der Vaart, Malacia is currently one step ahead of Owen Wijndal of AZ, one of the other left backs who hopes for a base place with the Orange squad in the run-up to the World Cup.

"I feel that Malacia is ahead," says Van der Vaart, who cites an intervention by Malacia in Thursday's Conference League match against Olympique Marseille. With a flawless tackle, he prevented a great chance for Bamba Dieng in the penalty area for the 3-3. "He proved to me that it really is a winner." Afellay thinks Malacia has an edge over Wijndal, because he 'saves himself defensively'. "The only thing he has to add to his game: stay a little calmer. Every now and then he makes choices with two hundred kilometers per hour. Stay a little calmer now and then and play a little simpler. Then this boy can really take another step."

https://m.voetbalzone.nl/doc.asp?uid=403365

dasty

Redcafe: "We should back ETH as much as possible and let him rebuild our shambles of a club."

Also Redcafe: "ETH is interested in this Malacia guy? Who? He is from some farmers league he is not good enough let's sign someone else, someone more fancy that I know."

Green Arrow

Redcafe: "We should back ETH as much as possible and let him rebuild our shambles of a club."

Also Redcafe: "ETH is interested in this Malacia guy? Who? He is from some farmers league he is not good enough let's sign someone else, someone more fancy that I know."
:lol: So true.

If we do sign him I’d be happy with that, right profile of player that can push Shaw and maybe replace him as first choice if he can be that good.

Acole9

Outstanding

Makes me wonder what leagues they're actually happy for us to sign players from. Dutch league - farmers league, Premier League - eww he's average, United tax blah blah blah.

Becks00

Makes me wonder what leagues they're actually happy for us to sign players from. Dutch league - farmers league, Premier League - eww he's average, United tax blah blah blah.
Spanish league too light weight, French league is the real farmers league, German league too attacking, numbers can never be trusted, Scottish league equivalent to championship, Championship too much of a step up. May be there are other leagues in space we can get players from :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.