Tyrell Malacia | Romano: Here we go…

Status
Not open for further replies.

rbnZz

Kinda suprises me if he goes to Lyon. Nr 8 in France. Not even in the Conference League next year.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Shame. Liked the look of him! Interesting to see how he develops there. I just want to see someone come and replace Telles. Guy is useless.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
The Feyenoord "watcher" from Voetbal International is reporting United are still interested in him. His guess is United want to get rid of a LB first.

Daslogisch

Supports
Ajax
Its been reported for a while that Malacia was on Ajax' list as a replacement to Tagliafico. This does suggest that Ten Hag rates him. However it really looks like Ten Hag will sign Timber and Frenkie. I just can't see him signing three Dutch players, that usually doesnt end up well. He might do it if like 6 or 7 players come in, but it looks like United are signing 3 or 4 to start with. He should not go all Dutch from the start. I also think he is smarter than that.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Its been reported for a while that Malacia was on Ajax' list as a replacement to Tagliafico. This does suggest that Ten Hag rates him. However it really looks like Ten Hag will sign Timber and Frenkie. I just can't see him signing three Dutch players, that usually doesnt end up well. He might do it if like 6 or 7 players come in, but it looks like United are signing 3 or 4 to start with. He should not go all Dutch from the start. I also think he is smarter than that.
Timber said himself he's staying. There's been reliable reports of United's interest in Malacia, not so much for Timber.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Would be an underwhelming move. Might as well stay and develop further here.

Daslogisch

Supports
Ajax
Timber said himself he's staying. There's been reliable reports of United's interest in Malacia, not so much for Timber.
When did Timber say this? I remember Sneijder saying the same thing and then being off to Madrid 2 weeks later.

These rumours of Timber have been going on ever since the season ended. To me they also make sense. Ten Hag has clearly come out in his Ajax days how fond is he of Timber. He really rates him. Ten Hag knows he has a lot of work to do next season and possibly needs several players to strengthen his team. Timber is versatile and fills in the exact obvious holes in Uniteds squad. To finish things off Ten Hag doesnt have a huge transfer budget for the amouny of positions that might need strengthening and Timber is relatively cheap as he's still somewhat under the radar. Two + two is eight in this case in my view. There's too much smoke here. I hope Timber stays at Ajax, but this really seems written in the stars already.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
When did Timber say this? I remember Sneijder saying the same thing and then being off to Madrid 2 weeks later.

These rumours of Timber have been going on ever since the season ended. To me they also make sense. Ten Hag has clearly come out in his Ajax days how fond is he of Timber. He really rates him. Ten Hag knows he has a lot of work to do next season and possibly needs several players to strengthen his team. Timber is versatile and fills in the exact obvious holes in Uniteds squad. To finish things off Ten Hag doesnt have a huge transfer budget for the amouny of positions that might need strengthening and Timber is relatively cheap as he's still somewhat under the radar. Two + two is eight in this case in my view. There's too much smoke here. I hope Timber stays at Ajax, but this really seems written in the stars already.
In an end of the season interview. Last year Gravenberch said the same thing at the end of the season. Lots of transfer rumours. Nothing happened. Sneijder was 20 years ago. I don't see the relevance.

The links to Timber are from the mirror, goldshite etc. There's nothing from credible Dutch sources re Timber. The reports on our interest in Malacia are from credible sources.

Timber making sense to you has no bearing on how credible the sources are. It's highly unlikely his transfer is as advanced as all the tabloids are reporting or sources from the Dutch side of things would have reported it by now. The Dutch football journos practically sleep with the big 3 DoFs. Mazraoui, Onana, Gravenberch, Promes, Neres etc were all reported by them way in advance.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
Why would Shraeger have any info om a player moving from Feyenoord to Lyon? Probably because Man Utd is in the mix somehow?

But again, it probably depends on MU getting rid of Telles. I would assume that is part of the deal. You can sign player X «no matter what», and you can replace player Y «given that he leaves».

So we are looking to sign four-five players, and might add a few more if we can remove a few. Malacia/Telles might be such a case.

Daslogisch

Supports
Ajax
In an end of the season interview. Last year Gravenberch said the same thing at the end of the season. Lots of transfer rumours. Nothing happened. Sneijder was 20 years ago. I don't see the relevance.

The links to Timber are from the mirror, goldshite etc. There's nothing from credible Dutch sources re Timber. The reports on our interest in Malacia are from credible sources.

Timber making sense to you has no bearing on how credible the sources are. It's highly unlikely his transfer is as advanced as all the tabloids are reporting or sources from the Dutch side of things would have reported it by now. The Dutch football journos practically sleep with the big 3 DoFs. Mazraoui, Onana, Gravenberch, Promes, Neres etc were all reported by them way in advance.
They are not always informed ahaed of time. Selling Timber wont really do well with the Ajax fans. It is considered too early and already too many players are leaving. Therefor it does make more sense to keep things quiet from Ajax' side until its a done deal.

Fabrizio Romano also mentioned that Timber is truly considered by United. Not that he's always right, but his information is much more reliable than your average tabloid nonsense.

I hope you are right and it does not happen, but I feel this transfer is a matter of time.

Anyways, lets get baxk to Malacia... getting OT too much now. As said, dont think he'll join United but will be leaving Feyenoord I think. I do however feel like it would be better for him to stay.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
They are not always informed ahaed of time. Selling Timber wont really do well with the Ajax fans. It is considered too early and already too many players are leaving. Therefor it does make more sense to keep things quiet from Ajax' side until its a done deal.

Fabrizio Romano also mentioned that Timber is truly considered by United. Not that he's always right, but his information is much more reliable than your average tabloid nonsense.

I hope you are right and it does not happen, but I feel this transfer is a matter of time.

Anyways, lets get baxk to Malacia... getting OT too much now. As said, dont think he'll join United but will be leaving Feyenoord I think. I do however feel like it would be better for him to stay.
Ajax are trying to keep things quiet because they don't want to upset the fanbase by selling Timber!
That's a reason not sell Timber :lol:

All I'm saying, there's credible Dutch sources linking us to Malacia, there are none of those for Timber. You can conjure up all sorts of reasons for why that is, or other reasons for why you think Timber is more likely. There might be something to them, but the bolded are the facts as is.

BrilliantOrange

Supports
Ajax Amsterdam
I was really impressed with Tyrell Malacia in the latter stages of the UCL against Marseille and Roma..

He always was a fullback with a lot of energy (both offensively and defensively) who could really cling on to an opponent and give him a hard day. What I also saw in those last big games is that he looked defensively composed, was calm in the right moments and not too rash in his duels like I felt he was in the past, and seemed positionally aware..

He was good on the ball, and his crosses were very concious in stead of just pumping it in the box.

What really struck me was a moment in de second half where he gave a very nice pass with the outside of his left foot during build up... Not that the pass was exceptional or that that is something you are specifically looking for in a left back, but it showed for me how confident, without nerves and comfortable he was in the game.. Not impressed at all.

I'd defintely have him over Telles, think Ten Hag could really work with him.. Feyenoord will accept 15 million euro's no doubt, probably a bit less..

Daslogisch

Supports
Ajax
Ajax are trying to keep things quiet because they don't want to upset the fanbase by selling Timber!
That's a reason not sell Timber :lol:

All I'm saying, there's credible Dutch sources linking us to Malacia, there are none of those for Timber. You can conjure up all sorts of reasons for why that is, or other reasons for why you think Timber is more likely. There might be something to them, but the bolded are the facts as is.
I don't know where you get your facts, but Telegraaf reported a few times that Timber is on Ten Hag's list. On the other hand the only credible Dutch source linking Malacia to United has noted that United still has two leftbacks and won't do anything before at least one is gone. Your facts are not facts by any means. Anyways, we'll see what happens.

Red_toad

If you don't want to understand it, just say so...
I asked if you thought they never worked? You didn’t answer, so I’ve explained for you so you don’t have to ask. Plus I don’t care what nationality the players we sign are, something a lot of people get hung up about. We get a half dozen quality Dutch players in who all want to work for Ten Hag, then I’m pretty confident it’ll be fine.

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
Well he supposedly deserves our attention… let’s see

Get this kid in he's instantly an upgrade on Telles and a fair competition for Shaw.

rbnZz

Malacia gave a nice interview to Rijnmond today. When the reporter asked him about Manchester United, he made a cute face but his big smile said enough. He is coming for sure.

SAF is the GOAT

Malacia gave a nice interview to Rijnmond today. When the reporter asked him about Manchester United, he made a cute face but his big smile said enough. He is coming for sure.
Only if we'll get all of our other targets and also sell players to fund his deal

rbnZz

Only if we'll get all of our other targets and also sell players to fund his deal
You're right but Malacia already said he will focus on the Nations League and he will think about his future when he goes on holiday (after June, 14th). Manchester United have enough time to sell Telles.

Kaushal

With his non commital answer, All i see is another di maria. Cannot handle another di maria.

NoPace

Di Maria was a 26 year old player who'd just been MOTM in the Champions league final at the biggest club in the world (for any latin player this isn't really a question apart from maybe Barcelona) and had like 70 caps for Argentina. I have zero idea why people bring him up in threads about 22 year olds who have never played a minute in the CL or big game for their country.

I love De Jong, but it's fair to bring him up. He sees us as a step down. I highly doubt Tyrell Malacia does.

red_de_pologne

Di Maria was a 26 year old player who'd just been MOTM in the Champions league final at the biggest club in the world (for any latin player this isn't really a question apart from maybe Barcelona) and had like 70 caps for Argentina. I have zero idea why people bring him up in threads about 22 year olds who have never played a minute in the CL or big game for their country.

I love De Jong, but it's fair to bring him up. He sees us as a step down. I highly doubt Tyrell Malacia does.
Strong Di Maria vibes from this post pal.

Anyway, he looks short.

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.

He didn’t declare his love for United. Sorry but this has strong Di Maria vibes. Do not want.

LuckyScout78

The boy is consistent. Both skills on the ball and mentality. And his athletics and stamina is top.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
That smile makes it look were into him.
Still think he's too young but the price is good and his ecl performance was decent, so I wouldn't mind seeing him here.

Looks like a nice lad as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.