Tyrell Malacia | Romano: Here we go…

Status
Not open for further replies.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
No idea how good he is but sales to both Telles and Williams would easily fund the move, so wouldn’t be mad at it. Think RB is probably slightly more important, but both sides could be improved.

dutchred

He is excellent. Holland have 2 good young full backs him and Wijndahl from AZ. Both would be massive improvements on what we have now. Feyenoord wanted to loan Diallo last year so maybe we could do a deal with them

VanDeBank

Ma’am
YES! I was actually dreaming about this one!!!

Feyenoord's asking price when a French club (Lyon) was interested recently, was reported to be about 12-14 million or something. He'd be cheap and a massive improvement on Telles. It was also rumoured he was on Ajax's radar last summer.

Every time he's tested he seems to be able to adjust and make the step up. He's brilliant defensively (both one on one and in his positioning) and has a top mentality.

His problem is in the final 3rd. His cross and shot is a bit shit. He doesn't do a whole lot in the final 3rd, but he's okay at supporting a winger.

IMO Malacia is much better than WIjndal, because Wijndals defensive positioning isn't as good, he's only good one on one.

Despite not being a technical maestro, Malacia is very solid in the build up. Good short passing and often makes the correct decision even when pressed.

Again, Malacia's delivery is dreadful. There's a lot of work to be done in that area.

therealtboy

Supports
Feyenoord
I watch him weekly as a Feyenord fan, he is amazing, runs non stop down the left and has skills to beat a man on the ball and off the ball. Most young fullbacks have defensive faults, not him. He loves to defend and would be upset to see him go but at the same time excited to see him at United. Pedersen, our RB is also another top fullback. 40m double bid?

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I watch him weekly as a Feyenord fan, he is amazing, runs non stop down the left and has skills to beat a man on the ball and off the ball. Most young fullbacks have defensive faults, not him. He loves to defend and would be upset to see him go but at the same time excited to see him at United. Pedersen, our RB is also another top fullback. 40m double bid?
Amazing post :lol:

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
After running out of Ajax players to link us with Fleet St have now decided to Google the Dutch senior and Under 21 squads.

dutchred

I really hope we get him. He could build a good momentum with Sancho. I am an Ajax fan but i really like him, good attitude, personality and ability

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
No idea who he is. A 22 year old left back to replace Telles as back up can't be that bad though. Can't be worse than Telles.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I’m sure Feyenoord will not be selling a full-back for £20m tbh. If we wanted him, I suspect we’d be able to get him for £12m-ish. I’d be surprised if even Ajax sold a full-back for £20m.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Some dude on Reddit saying every shot of his goes to row Z. Rashford needs to watch out, there’s a new sheriff in town.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Sounds like Evra, who couldn't really cross a ball, just link up with midfielders and wingers to create space for a decisive pass.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Looks like a fighter of a player, strong in the tackle. Hopefully he wouldn't just be another AWB on the other side with the ball at his feet, though.

didz

Never had heard of him and he costs less than £50m, therefore I think he's exactly the type of signing we should be making this summer.

Also has seal of approval from Eredivisie-watching posters above, so yep, I'm game!

Now is there a right back version of him?

Tavern in the town

No idea who he is. A 22 year old left back to replace Telles as back up can't be that bad though. Can't be worse than Telles.
Signing a back up in any position when we have holes in the first XI is a waste of money. Squad players should rarely every be signed in any case, the trick is to buy starters, and the players they replace will become squad players.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Signing a back up in any position when we have holes in the first XI is a waste of money. Squad players should rarely every be signed in any case, the trick is to buy starters, and the players they replace will become squad players.
Who said he'd be a backup? Does anyone here even still rate Shaw? 8 years now at the club and it's been an utter waste.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
YES! I was actually dreaming about this one!!!

Feyenoord's asking price when a French club (Lyon) was interested recently, was reported to be about 12-14 million or something. He'd be cheap and a massive improvement on Telles. It was also rumoured he was on Ajax's radar last summer.

Every time he's tested he seems to be able to adjust and make the step up. He's brilliant defensively (both one on one and in his positioning) and has a top mentality.

His problem is in the final 3rd. His cross and shot is a bit shit. He doesn't do a whole lot in the final 3rd, but he's okay at supporting a winger.

IMO Malacia is much better than WIjndal, because Wijndals defensive positioning isn't as good, he's only good one on one.

Despite not being a technical maestro, Malacia is very solid in the build up. Good short passing and often makes the correct decision even when pressed.

Again, Malacia's delivery is dreadful. There's a lot of work to be done in that area.
Sounds good. He'd better improve his delivery though. Don't need another AWb who we can't fix.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Well he supposedly deserves our attention… let’s see

His shooting and crossing look better than it is in the compilation. He attempts a lot of them so he's bound to have a few screamers/assists in there.

He is capable of having an entire game where he fails to deliver a single good cross.

Malacia is better than our left backs this season. If Shaw plays like Shawberto (last season), then he'd force most left backs to the bench. Malacia's injury record is stellar. He's missed 1 out of 46 games this season with a minor knock.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Only seen him in games against AZ and in the friendly vs Germany but he looks like a very promising modern LB.

I wouldn’t have any issue brining him in as I’d put him and Wijndal on a similar level but that might be me being biased towards Wijndal.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
His shooting and crossing look better than it is in the compilation. He attempts a lot of them so he's bound to have a few screamers/assists in there.

He is capable of having an entire game where he fails to deliver a single good cross.

Malacia is better than our left backs this season. If Shaw plays like Shawberto (last season), then he'd force most left backs to the bench. Malacia's injury record is stellar. He's missed 1 out of 46 games this season with a minor knock.
I don’t think he’ll come close to replacing Shaw if he arrives next season though. It’s a big step up and Shaw has shown he’s capable of playing at a world class level.

Krasey

cant cross or shoot ? so hes a left back version of wan-bissaka ??

VanDeBank

Ma’am
I don’t think he’ll come close to replacing Shaw if he arrives next season though. It’s a big step up and Shaw has shown he’s capable of playing at a world class level.
But at least wel'll have a defensively solid LB that's always (and I literally mean always) available. Telles is a disaster.
Also Shaw will have to step up his game, like he did when Telles arrived. He's been shite this season.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Sign him up! If we get him for £14m, we should have around £6m left over from our budget.

CraftySoAndSo

Who said he'd be a backup? Does anyone here even still rate Shaw? 8 years now at the club and it's been an utter waste.
See the guy he was quoting.

Idxomer

We need a competent backup/alternative for Shaw even if he's at his best, our possession game becomes much worse whenever he isn't in the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.