Tyrell Malacia | Romano: Here we go…

Status
Not open for further replies.

OpenIntrovert

He is quite similar to AWB in terms of tackling and dribbling (AWB can actually dribble quite well). However he is capable of cutting in like a inverted forward which is very different from AWB and has a strong mentality. Based on his style, he can also be a winger. Looks like ETH is looking for players who have skillsets fitting into a few positions (De Jong can be DM, CM and AM).

meamth

Luke Shaw is as average as full-backs come. 6 months of good form doesn't make you a "world class" "best LB in the world" which is what many on here were anointing him.

It's a priority position for us, in addition to midfield.
Another problem for Shaw is he always gets injured when things going good for him.

We need a super fit fecker on the left back, Malacia should be the answer.

Idxomer

He wouldn't cost more than 15m, sell Telles who can't cope physically with the PL and buy the guy who wouldn't stop running all game.

It's a no-brainer really.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Telles is the worst fullback at the club, so no surprise if LB is prioritised over RB. Not to mention we have a couple promising RBs returning from loan.

Thiagoal

This would make absolutely zero sense. We currently have two international left backs on large wages and a very promising one in our academy. We have other positions that are way more important. Unless we sell one of Shaw or Telles or even both then this must be nonsense

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
This would make absolutely zero sense. We currently have two international left backs on large wages and a very promising one in our academy. We have other positions that are way more important. Unless we sell one of Shaw or Telles or even both then this must be nonsense
2 internationals on large wages who are not good enough

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Telles is the worst fullback at the club, so no surprise if LB is prioritised over RB. Not to mention we have a couple promising RBs returning from loan.
Shaw is also the best fullback at the club though. Plus we have Fernandez. For this to make sense Williams and Telles would need to be sold - and I doubt that’s happening considering we don’t sell players.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
It makes sense if one or more of the following is true for EtH;

A) «International» or not, he do not consider Telles to be good enough,
B) He is considered with the physical condition of Shaw (injury record, is he able to play 2x90 min for 35-40 weeks, can he give him 50 sprints per game up and down the left)
C) He really likes Malacia, consider him a good player at a great price

Personally, I can see all of them being true.

Thiagoal

2 internationals on large wages who are not good enough
That may be the case but unless we can shift one or both of them (unlikely due to their large wages) adding a third would be ridiculous when other positions take far more precedence

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Shaw is also the best fullback at the club though. Plus we have Fernandez. For this to make sense Williams and Telles would need to be sold - and I doubt that’s happening considering we don’t sell players.
The price and profile of this lad would suggest he'd be coming in as someone to challenge for a spot though, rather than taking the position. Which would make sense if we intended on going into the season with Shaw as #1.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
That may be the case but unless we can shift one or both of them (unlikely due to their large wages) adding a third would be ridiculous when other positions take far more precedence
Telles will be gone this summer

LuckyScout78

Telles + money for Malacia.

Shaw & Malacia and the young Hernandez are good enough for a team chasing top and premier league title.

We Need Another Rebuild

Perfect profile young clearly hungry to impress.

Clearly ETH has watched him regularly in the Eredivisie.

Current Club LBs:

Shaw had 6 months of good form in 8 years.
Telles Clearly can't hack the pace of the PL just spams in crosses.
Williams looked ok at Norwich is that the standard we need to be aiming for.
Fernandez only played U23s how do we know he is even ready for the 1st team probably needs a loan.

Could easily see Telles & Williams being sold and Fernandez loaned out.

Reactions: Cheimoon

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
I dont think he'd come here to play 2nd fiddle to Shaw. See Timber.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
You think our manager will play Shaw ahead of him? Nah
No idea really, Shaw was very good. But based on last season, Malacia is about 100 times the player. Based on the season before, Malacia will do well to reach Shaw's level.

I hope Ten Hag will be far less credentials based than the likes of Ole were.

Daslogisch

Supports
Ajax
I dont think he'd come here to play 2nd fiddle to Shaw. See Timber.
I'm not sure about that. Different situation. Timber is playing at Ajax and has huge exposure in CL. His chances to go to a big club are as good next year as this year. Malacia is now on good exposure due to their ECL run, but if Feyenoord go out early next year in EL he wont have much exposure and his options next year might be far less interesting.

Their NT position is more comparable, but even there Malacia does not have the same competition as Timber, hence if he turned into a bench player he still might have a decent shot to make the WC. Whereas if he played regularly at United it might actually nail a starting 11 spot. Malacia's risk/reward to transfer this window is much better than Timbers.

Stadjer

Telles + money for Malacia.

Shaw & Malacia and the young Hernandez are good enough for a team chasing top and premier league title.
What? You want Feyenoord to have Telles? Why would Telles go to Feyenoord? Why would Feyenoord want Telles? How is Feyenoord going to pay Telles his wage?

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
I'm not sure about that. Different situation. Timber is playing at Ajax and has huge exposure in CL. His chances to go to a big club are as good next year as this year. Malacia is now on good exposure due to their ECL run, but if Feyenoord go out early next year in EL he wont have much exposure and his options next year might be far less interesting.

Their NT position is more comparable, but even there Malacia does not have the same competition as Timber, hence if he turned into a bench player he still might have a decent shot to make the WC. Whereas if he played regularly at United it might actually nail a starting 11 spot. Malacia's risk/reward to transfer this window is much better than Timbers.
Good points, but I think Malacia has other options to move to as well where he could nail a starting position.

Malacia will also likely gave competition from Blind and Wijndal (likely to move to Ajax) for his position. So the competition is actually quite fierce.

And van Gaal hates United.

mu4c_20le

You think our manager will play Shaw ahead of him? Nah
Of course he will. The new manager isn't going to change the entire starting XI. Even if he sees Malacia as the future starter, he will still need to be bedded in.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Malacia is not currently good enough to start for United. He may or may not be in the future, but definitely not now. As much as I love the dude.

Daslogisch

Supports
Ajax
Good points, but I think Malacia has other options to move to as well where he could nail a starting position.

Malacia will also likely gave competition from Blind and Wijndal (likely to move to Ajax) for his position. So the competition is actually quite fierce.

And van Gaal hates United.
You think Van Gaal hates United because he advised Timber not to make the move. But thats ridiculous. He may hold a grudge, he is like that, but that will then not be against the club but against certain individuals like Woodward who's disrespected him (and he's not even at the club anymore). Moreover, whatever you think of LvG, he is way too much of a professional to let that kind of crap affect his professional decisions in another job.

Malacia will certainly have competition for LB regardless of which move he makes but Blind/Wijndal are not the world class competition that Timber has. I agree Malacia would also take a risk making this move, but the risk reward is really different. If I was Malacia and I had a chance to go to a club like United I'd take the move now. Whereas if I was Timber, I would stay at Ajax for at least one more year regardless of which club was interested.

Timber has enough room to learn at Ajax and enough exposure at Ajax to get interest of the biggest clubs again in the near future. For Malacia that's just different at Feyenoord. In Malacia's case he'd probably better stay if his options would be clubs like Everton or Leverkusen. These chances can come for him again next season, but for Malacia if a club like United comes right now it's much more likely it's a once in a lifetime.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Come on.. he was in the portuguese league team of the year back to back at porto
And Dost was the Portuguese league's top goal scorer at the time. He's up there with the worst players to have ever played for United. The ED has 5 better LBs than Telles and I dont think the ED has more than 3 players good enough to play for United in general. My local Turkish kebab guy would look less out of his depth running a 3 star restaurant than Telles at United.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Striker for the reserves
Wide player for Rangnick
Fullback for Hag
GK for ?
It's almost as if players don't settle in the same position as they do when growing up, shock horror I know :eek:

Elanga has all the traits required to be a really good fullback, but probably not good enough to play as a winger for ETH at present.

Let's just say I wouldn't be surprised.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight

Malacia obviously doesn’t require ‘exposure’ to Ten Hag. The biggest factor in his current exposure is the fact that ETH is reported to be interested. And that isn’t because he discovered him in the EL.

Daslogisch

Supports
Ajax
Malacia obviously doesn’t require ‘exposure’ to Ten Hag. The biggest factor in his current exposure is the fact that ETH is reported to be interested. And that isn’t because he discovered him in the EL.
Thats true but there are more clubs than United. Besides that, Ten Hag has him on his radar now cause he was on Ajax' radar. By next year Ten Hag may have a whole different scouting list for that position as he can work with a United budget and has a whole year to prep a list based on that. By next year there may be some Monaco, Porto, Benfica, Sevilla, etc left back doing very well and being on Uniteds list and maybe affordable. Next year EtH may have 50m available for a LB whereas now the priority is in other position. Ten Hag might see him as a cheap option that he knows right now. Next year Ten Hag may see a dozen of other decent options that he does not know right now.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
VI reporting Lyon and Feyenoord are close to reaching an agreement.

We snooze, we lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.