Tyrell Malacia | Romano: Here we go…

Status
Not open for further replies.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I would really really want him with us . I hope we push with an offer.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Sell Telles to Lyon and buy Malacia. Happy days all around.

Dazzmondo

I mean €20m max. Why not go for him if ETH likes him? That fee is small enough that it's not going to change anything about the FDJ deal. We need a lb anyway because Shaw is constantly injured and Telles is pants

brother ant

We're not signing him until Shaw or Telles are sold, it weakens our hand if we signed Malacia and attempted to sell Shaw/Telles
On the other hand if you sell Telles first then the selling club knows we need to buy and will fleece us

The_Midfielder

This would make absolutely zero sense. We currently have two international left backs on large wages and a very promising one in our academy. We have other positions that are way more important. Unless we sell one of Shaw or Telles or even both then this must be nonsense
Telles is useless

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
Ten Hag has been quoted saying he doesn't rate Shaw and Telles hasn't been up to scratch so this makes complete sense if we can ship one of them out. I am all for it.

Zoo

Ten Hag has been quoted saying he doesn't rate Shaw and Telles hasn't been up to scratch so this makes complete sense if we can ship one of them out. I am all for it.
Ten Hag hasn’t said anything about Shaw, in the pst Rangnick did.

Dazzmondo

I've never heard ETH say anything about either of them. Source?

poleglass red

We're not signing him until Shaw or Telles are sold, it weakens our hand if we signed Malacia and attempted to sell Shaw/Telles
everyone knows we need to get rid of players and bring new ones in, we'll get rinsed both ways, it is what is it....

Zoo

Just got to hope that Shaw can get back to 2021 form and that we refocus on getting a RB because I don't trust Dalot at all.

joedirt87

nothing to fear, we can buy him for 4-5x his current price in a couple years. #WatchThisSpace

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
What a dissappointing move. No one cares about the French league. He's not ready for United, but mid table premier league or Newcastle wouldve been cool.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
United should take a look at Wijndal then, similar player quality, age and price. Malacia a bit more tenacious, Wijndal more offensively capable.

Juventus are after him as well..

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I think we would’ve got around to this signing once we (finally) signed De Jong and also got rid of at least one of Telles/Williams. But saying that, that sounds like a long way away and it seems Lyon/Bosz Baby put the work in early. Players aren’t going to wait forever.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
United should take a look at Wijndal then, similar player quality, age and price. Malacia a bit more tenacious, Wijndal more offensively capable.

Juventus are after him as well..
Wasn't he also close to signing for you guys?

Strootman's Finger

How are we losing out to Lyon on transfers? I would prefer to sell AWB and buy Dumfries on the right, I think we have a little more coverage on the left, world cup year, Shaw should be back to his best too.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
For Christ sake - if a player is going to Lyon for €15m then we simply were not that interested. That link to Lyon has been there all summer with our name thrown in - sound familiar?

Caesar2290

How are we losing out to Lyon on transfers? I would prefer to sell AWB and buy Dumfries on the right, I think we have a little more coverage on the left, world cup year, Shaw should be back to his best too.
Simple. We just don't want to sign him, that's it.

I imagine we must operate under very strict guidlines: ie: we must sell Telles before buying a new LB or we must sell Wan Bissaka before we buy a new RB.

Hence why we are no rush to complete our deals. Squad wise we look set. The only players we are after are the ones who will pluck the whole left by our departures.

That's why we are not rushing the De Jong signing.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Pretty obvious we won't buy a left back while we're stuck with Telles on the books.

Mmm-Qatarian

It would've been a bit daft for us to sign Malacia without getting rid of Shaw, Williams or Telles. We could then quite feasibly end up in a scenario where we have four players vying for game-time in one position.

I can understand why people might be frustrated by our transfer window at this stage but with so much deadwood to shift it was never realistically going to be an expedient process and, unfortunately, when you have so many unwanted players in one position it only makes sense to sell before you start buying.

Red_toad

I'm amazed people don't get that replacing players who haven't left isn't currently an option. We have a limited budget and our players are on very good deals. We should seriously be looking at midfielders currently as we've lost 4 so far this summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.