Tyrell Malacia | Romano: Here we go…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Von Mistelroum

If this comes off then it's actually very smart by us for once!

People asking why he's so cheap, others asking why we didn't just go for him if we wanted him. Hopefully we've done the smart thing here, waited for Feyenoord to agree a price elsewhere and then gone in at the same level. That way they can't see we're after him and slap a £60m tag on him!

VivaRonaldo85

Literally never heard of him. Is he any good? Is he a Shaw or Telles replacement? Of all our issues, didn’t see left back as a priority!

therealtboy

Supports
Feyenoord
Sounds good. Is he a pacy player?

Evra one of my faves. Is he a pacy player? Better than Shaw/Telles? Well Telles has been awful, lool.
Very pacy, loves an interception then once he gets it is 100mph down the wing. He has good timing in the tackle and unlike AWB has good positioning.

Drainy

Forgive me for the laziness if this has aldready been adressed...
But why are we in for this fella when we have quality talents like Sam Murray and Alvaro Fernandez? I still also believe in Brandon Williams for that matter.
Sell Telles, give Shaw one last go as the first choice and we still have three big talents fighting behind him. Do we really need another LB?
I would think this affects Fernandez and Murrays chances quite much and from what Ive heard this Malacia dude would still be a work in progress...
I don't think Sam Murray has the quality, Williams isn't positionally reliable, Fernandes is a slower Shaw for me.

All would need time to work on their deficiencies.

klayton88

The meltdown in here if West Ham hijack our deal after the caf have spent the last two hours convincing themselves he's the next coming of Evra.

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
now just get Dumfries for the right hand side and ETH will have the sort of attacking FB's that suit him
and If Dumfries is really about €25/30m, what a huge difference that would make to the way we play, and for less than £50m.
Smart business...:)

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Literally never heard of him. Is he any good? Is he a Shaw or Telles replacement? Of all our issues, didn’t see left back as a priority!
It's future proofing more than anything. Telles isn't reliable and Shaw has 1 year left.

We are actually building ahead of time for once. Give him a year to settle in then replace Shaw next season if needs be.

Damn, our club might actually turn this ship around.

twitter thread suggester
I was convinced that this was agent driven nonsense. I don’t really get it, if I’m honest. Telles is pretty shite, but this looks like money that could be distributed elsewhere. If it’s on top of key areas then great, but it can’t come at the cost of sorting other areas.
You don’t think he’s good?

therealtboy

Supports
Feyenoord
Any weaknesses in his game? I'm not being negative, just want to know what to expect ;)
Sure, a player his age will have weaknesses but they are completely fixable. He loves an interception so in a quick league like the EPL his timing will need to be perfect so he doesn’t get sucked in and leaves gaps. He also needs to improve his crossing bad it’s hit and miss but he makes up for that with intelligent cutbacks which have gotten us a lot of goals this season. Lastly he loves a shot so we will either see a lot of screamers or a lot of balls in the Stretford end.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
The meltdown in here if West Ham hijack our deal after the caf have spent the last two hours convincing themselves he's the next coming of Evra.
it says West Ham tried to hijack Lyon, not us. We won.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Credit where credit is due, Fabrizio. :)

SATA

Sure, a player his age will have weaknesses but they are completely fixable. He loves an interception so in a quick league like the EPL his timing will need to be perfect so he doesn’t get sucked in and leaves gaps. He also needs to improve his crossing bad it’s hit and miss but he makes up for that with intelligent cutbacks which have gotten us a lot of goals this season. Lastly he loves a shot so we will either see a lot of screamers or a lot of balls in the Stretford end.
The last bit sounds like Marcos Rojo except he never gets them on target but out of the stadium

The rest of the stuff about him i like!

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
We've got half a dozen priority areas. LB and CAM aren't priorities so let's make Malacia and Eriksen our first signings. It's what Man Utd do.

tjb

Interesting....its a good deal especially because you can't trust Shaw's fitness. Does this mean he likes our young right back options? Fernandez/ Williams/Dalot/ Laird. That's something to look at during preseason

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
I have no idea who the guy is, but it's a nice surprise at least. I'm sure he'll be the best left-back in the world by next season.

Elcabron

RB still seems like a big issue. I'd be curious to know what the plan is there.
Yeah agree. Another 15m player like this for the right side would be ideal. Dalot and AWB could then be sold with Laird and new signing slotting in.

UpWithRivers

I think the plan is to overload the dressing room with Dutch players to create a dominant clique. :)

Trex

The last bit sounds like Marcos Rojo except he never gets them on target but out of the stadium

The rest of the stuff about him i like!
I watched him a few times for the dutch national team, he'll be a starter in a year time for now he'll share mins with Shaw, Shaw is a big talent but so is he, what he has over Shaw is intensity and stamina far more suitable partner for Sancho.
He's like Evra in many way, I love the way he picks out players in the box with his cut backs, could find someone like Bruno making late runs a lot.

Trex

I think the plan is to overload the dressing room with Dutch players to create a dominant clique. :)
Well so far they have the right mentality, more like ETH creating his own army......Ole banked on the British boys and they weren't good enough ability wise.
This dutch boys definitely have quality from what I've seen of them.

SATA

I watched him a few times for the dutch national team, he'll be a starter in a year time for now he'll share mins with Shaw, Shaw is a big talent but so is he, what he has over Shaw is intensity and stamina far more suitable partner for Sancho.
He's like Evra in many way, I love the way he picks out players in the box with his cut backs, could find someone like Bruno making late runs a lot.
Another poster emphasising on his cut backs. I’m looking forward to this! City players do this a lot

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
We'd be lucky to recoup the 14m he cost
I'd be pretty pleased with that tbf. Hard to argue with replacing Telles (who I know is shit) with Malacia (who I can at least hope is good) as part of a roughly cost-neutral pair of deals.

Status
Not open for further replies.