Tyrell Malacia | Romano: Here we go…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daslogisch

Supports
Ajax
Have you seen him play?
I've a couple of times, better touch, carries the ball better, better passer, cut backs are top notch, thunder bolt strike, faster, generally superior talent.
Go watch clips of him in the conference league final
You are exaggerating and have clearly only seen highlights. He is not anything like AWB and probably does have a higher ceiling. However theres enough to work o . He is better on the ball than AWB (but thats not hard), however his decision making and crossing also have to improve a lot. You can find highligjts in which it all looks great, but thats why they are called highlights. Malacia is a prospect, but at this moment he might not be good enough yet. Above all Malacia is inconsistent. One match he looks like a world beater and the next match he looks like he's a Championship player. Potential for sure, but if he'll make it is a coin toss if you ask me.

Irwin99

Sure, a player his age will have weaknesses but they are completely fixable. He loves an interception so in a quick league like the EPL his timing will need to be perfect so he doesn’t get sucked in and leaves gaps. He also needs to improve his crossing bad it’s hit and miss but he makes up for that with intelligent cutbacks which have gotten us a lot of goals this season. Lastly he loves a shot so we will either see a lot of screamers or a lot of balls in the Stretford end.
Thanks, sounds an exciting player who can improve :D

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Along with midfield, the fullback area should absolutely be prioritised. You need your fullbacks to have the engine to go up and down the flank, along with having the tenacity, speed and intensity to add to a front foot approach. And that's something we've lacked for a while. Malacia has the above qualities and for the price he could prove to be a bargain.

Luke Shaw needs to up his game along with having a engine to go up and down the flank. And that's something he's been failing at imo and that's not good enough for a fullback in the game today.

Ethan Laird might be in ten Hag's thinking for the RB spot. And it'll be interesting to see how he does in preseason.

TheHeya

Only just heard of the lad and I’ve Just come back from YouTube and now convinced he’s the best left back in the world.

this is how it works, right?

Trex

You are exaggerating and have clearly only seen highlights. He is not anything like AWB and probably does have a higher ceiling. However theres enough to work o . He is better on the ball than AWB (but thats not hard), however his decision making and crossing also have to improve a lot. You can find highligjts in which it all looks great, but thats why they are called highlights. Malacia is a prospect, but at this moment he might not be good enough yet. Above all Malacia is inconsistent. One match he looks like a world beater and the next match he looks like he's a Championship player. Potential for sure, but if he'll make it is a coin toss if you ask me.
I've seen at least 3 full games of him in the conference league and national team, so probably he is more inconsistent in the dutch league, I didn't speak about his consistency but base talent which is clearly superior to AWB. The quoted poster called him a dutch Awb.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Jesus thank God he got rid of that stupid hair :lol:
Great goal btw.

Edit: this seems to have ruffled some feathers, I didn't mean anything too harsh by it, it doesn't really suit him to be honest.

Last edited:

dutchred

Maybe this is the reason we are not actively pursuing Martinez. Maybe Ten Haag sees Shaw as an alternative, someone who can paly LCB or LB

Lee565

Very good signing if it is a done deal at the price quoted but would feel a little bit of a head scratcher if we ignore rb and dm position as we have awful first team options in these positions, fingers crossed we will see them solved.

Fey

Great signing, might as well empty his pocket to see if Anthony is still there.

Todd

I've never seen the kid play so I can't comment on his quality, but I see he's only 5'7" and that's a bit concerning. EPL football might be a bit of an adjustment for him.

Rockets Redglare

I've never seen the kid play so I can't comment on his quality, but I see he's only 5'7" and that's a bit concerning. EPL football might be a bit of an adjustment for him.
Evra and Ashley Cole were only 5’9. I’m sure he’ll be fine.

Blood Mage

Would be a good signing as a future replacement for Shaw. I think he's too raw to be an immediate starter though, Shaw will keep his place until his next inevitable injury.

didz

He seems very press resistant but all the compilations are just of that, I have no idea if he has any end product or defensive ability.
Still, he’s a young player on the up and we should always make at least one signing like this a season and develop them.
I've seen videos of him tackling people and he put in a good cross for Weghorst against Wales so it's safe to say he's an all round top class fullback. Saw him do a hard shot against Roma too, so probably Roberto Carlos level?

Greck

From the ECL final

Can def see what ETH thinks he sees in the player. This is some serious linkup initiative. Natural forward passing courage and initiative to advance the ball in tougher areas. Also see why he might want to give Dalot a chance as his first choice. Even if it doesn't work out we can look forward to adventurous fullbacks who can press the issue.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Is he like peak Evra? Or going to be in a couple of years? :drool:
That's what I thought since we were first link, based solely on highlight videos. I'll be absolutely buzzing if we get this one done. Been waiting for a player to come along to fill Evras boots and I think this is as good a chance as I've seen. Amazing deal at the quoted prices too.

Status
Not open for further replies.