Tyrone Mings stamp on Zlatan | He’s at it again

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Oh aye head stamp is by far the worse one. I mean you're putting all your weight on the guys head with studs. You could kill or permanently injure someone.
Let's be clear, Mings intentionally caught Ibra with his foot but it was far from a stamp...more of a rake. Dirty as feck but trying hard to get away with it without causing serious injury.

Trizy

Others simply have to step it up now for those 3 games.

Shouldn't be an excuse for not scoring. If we don't find the net, it's on the players.

AlecHDR

Angry, incoherent heterosexual slob
Danny Murphy? I am confident that I can build a "Random Sentence Generator" app within an hour and it would make more sense than him.

paulscholes18

Before the Bournemouth game? No chance. We have a game in hand on Liverpool. If we'd have beaten Bournemouth we would have been 1pt behind Liverpool with a game in hand on them.

Even after dropping points, Winning our game in hand still pulls us level with Liverpool. That is nowhere near a "long gone" scenario.
Still have to go to Chelsea, Arsenal, City & Spurs

Janson

Bit harsh, they only won the league by 2 points. Roma were very strong that year, and AC Milan were a very decent side as well.
I get where you're coming from but it can't be compared to England really. And also Milan ended up 12 p behind.

Peanut Butter

I think Ibra might get 4 as standard as he already got banned earlier in the season. That's before any extra punishment although I doubt he'd get anymore (Mings should do).

Top 4 probably over.
It was probably over anyway. I hope Jose goes balls out for Europa now. Take the league seriously by all means, but rest important players when needed.

MadMike

Imo three PL titles in the best league in the world was his biggest succes. Cups are different because it also requires a lot of luck to win. There have been countless CL winners who weren't the best team, Chelsea being a great example. If you had a playoff system in the cups like in nba/nhl that would see the actual best teams come on top.

I think the chances wee see a diamond is nonexistent to be honest. Not because he hasn't had succes with it but for reasons I mentioned in my reply to you in the other thread.
If you think that winning the PL is easier than winning the CL then we could not disagree more with each other.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
I disagree top 4 is gone.

We have seen lots of elbows being thrown but what Mings did is criminal.
To stamp on someone's head with studs is with intention to cause harm.
Based on his response criminal charges should be considered.

Janson

If you think that winning the PL is easier than winning the CL then we could not disagree more with each other.
I think winning the CL is more circumstantial, like for example one bad referee could end your chances of winning, like Ovrebo with Chelsea. One bad ref's performance in the league won't have such an impact. There are countless times where the best team gets knock out to a much worse one. Chelsea were completely overrun both in the semis and the finals and still won. Does that mean what Di Matteo did with Chelsea was more difficult than the three PL titles for Miurinho?

Over the course of a 38 match long season you can't win the whole thing on luck.

Alabaster Codify7

Well, we'd better brace ourselves coz this will be three games without seemingly the only man capable of scoring goals for us right now.

I imagine Rashford will have to start as a lone striker but we're gonna have to seriously re-jig our approach for those games, as Marcus is a completely different striker - no point giving him the ball to hold up, we're gonna have to have him playing off the shoulder of the CB's and be a lot more clever with our through balls.

Jim_AFCB

Supports
AFC Bournemouth
I think the FA will have to come down hard on both players to make up for the incompetence of their officials. Kevin Friend and the rest of these "top" referees officiating while hungover after their 3 day stag in Marbella, you couldn't make it up. Where's the accountability?
Both players will get 3-match bans.
I think Mings will get a 5-6 game ban if found guilty/accepts the charge. No word yet whether he will defend the charge and elect for a personal hearing.

red4ever 79

Absolutely the correct decision to charge both. There is no place in the game for that. Im still surprised that Ibra was still on the pitchafter throwing Mings to the ground earlier, and wasnt even booked

Danny1982

Sectarian Hipster
I get what you're saying about inconsistency but no, you don't get to feel sorry for yourself when you've purposely elbowed somebody in the face. Same goes for Mings.

The decision is the correct one. That wrong decisions are being made on other incidents is irrelevant to Zlatan and United.
It's relevant. Your decision is wrong if you're deliberately not being consistent, even if you think it would have been justified in an isolated incident.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
At the time I thought Zlatan and Mings should have been sent off, so no complaints from me.

It'll be interesting to see how we perform without him.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
We have seen lots of elbows being thrown but what Mings did is criminal.
To stamp on someone's head with studs is with intention to cause harm.
Based on his response criminal charges should be considered.
I give you $10k tomorrow to have either of those two things happen to you... pick. I'll take the graze from a boot.

Ignoring how I feel about the 'stamp', Ibrahimovic was arguably more guilty as he deliberately sought to even the score. It wasn't spur of the moment.

3 matches each should suffice.

Dobbs

That's besides the point though. This isn't whataboutism or arguing that Zlatan did nothing wrong. It's the gross inconsistency of using video evidence to retrospectively correct some refereeing errors but not others. It seems as though its the media which are setting the agenda for the FA. Which is an incompetent way to run any regulatory body.
Agree with that but my point was about Zlatan being hard done by. Or at least feeling that way.

He jammed his elbow into somebody's face on purpose. That somebody else might get away with it does not make him unfortunate. It just makes the other offender lucky.

It's relevant. Your decision is wrong if you're deliberately not being consistent, even if you think it would have been justified in an isolated incident.
So you think the decision to charge Zlatan is wrong?

Dave46

Easy to defend against, lack of consistent goal scores and no killer instinct
and yet the team has only 1 point less than Arsenal and 3 points off the 4th spot, with an extra game compare to Liverpool.

redman5

In a world of my own. People know me here.
Well, we'd better brace ourselves coz this will be three games without seemingly the only man capable of scoring goals for us right now.

I imagine Rashford will have to start as a lone striker but we're gonna have to seriously re-jig our approach for those games, as Marcus is a completely different striker - no point giving him the ball to hold up, we're gonna have to have him playing off the shoulder of the CB's and be a lot more clever with our through balls.
I think United fans will be pleasantly surprised at just how well you'll do without Zlatan. The reason he's scoring most goals is because most of your forward play focuses on the big fellah. Jose is more than adept at changing things to suit. I wouldn't be too shocked if you actually perform better (as a team) without Ibra.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
and yet the team has only 1 point less than Arsenal and 3 points off the 4th spot, with an extra game compare to Liverpool.
Arsenal and Liverpool are hardly the barometers to use when comparing teams, especially when they're both trying their best to feck off top four too.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
I give you $10k tomorrow to have either of those two things happen to you... pick. I'll take the graze from a boot.

Ignoring how I feel about the 'stamp', Ibrahimovic was arguably more guilty as he deliberately sought to even the score. It wasn't spur of the moment.

Even the FA has determined that Mings action was far worse. See the various links above.
So it wont be an equal ban for sure.

Ixion

You're having a laugh if you're calling this a graze, watch Ibrahimovic's head bounce

Strats

I'm actually a bit excited to see how we will do with a pacy forward, (if) Jose chooses to use Rashford up top. Not that Zlatan isn't one of our best players, but still.

Marcus
Martial Mkhi Mata

4x M's! :drool:
Jose will put Moomey into that line up.

UnrelatedPsuedo

You're having a laugh if you're calling this a graze, watch Ibrahimovic's head bounce

It's a graze, at no point is Ibra's head on the ground while a boot is on top if it. I'm sure it hurt but it's still a glancing blow. I'd take that over an elbow smashed in my face.

Ixion

It's a graze, at no point is Ibra's head on the ground while a boot is on top if it. I'm sure it hurt but it's still a glancing blow. I'd take that over an elbow smashed in my face.
I think you're just trolling at this point so carry on.

RU Devil

If we go on a winning run in the league now, the Ewing theory is in effect.
Wouldn't that be interesting. Granted, Ibra is a perfect target forward in the way we play now, but will Jose be willing to switch up the style of play? He's played Martial & Rashford up top, but usually in cup games, not league. At least Jose can experiment in the FA Cup and iron out some of the issues. TBH, I hope Ibra doesn't appeal & take the punishment starting Monday's game. No use in missing out on another league game and it allows Jose a whole lot of time to drill the team in how to play without Ibra.

BTW, both deserved red cards in the game, so whatever retrospective bans is fine with me. Believe Ibra gets the standard 3, but Mings will probably get at least 5 or 6. Nasty stuff there, but Ibra really didn't need to get caught up in all that extracurricular activity.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I think you're just trolling at this point so carry on.
Nope. Not ever. Just level headed and I've got out the way of my own bias. (Not saying that you're not)

Not too fussed if anyone rates one worse than the other and disagree with me in any way.

There were people calling for a 10 game ban for Mings which is just ridiculous.

ManUchosenbosslvg

Supports
Manchester reds
I think United fans will be pleasantly surprised at just how well you'll do without Zlatan. The reason he's scoring most goals is because most of your forward play focuses on the big fellah. Jose is more than adept at changing things to suit. I wouldn't be too shocked if you actually perform better (as a team) without Ibra.
You would think that but José is just as likely to replace the big fella up front:cool: with the big fellaini up front:nervous:

Rockets Redglare

You'd take a grown man standing on your head in football boots over an elbow to the side of the head?

jackofalltrades

Either merely mistaken or a downright lie, only you will know.

Last edited:

UnrelatedPsuedo

You'd take a grown man standing on your head in football boots over an elbow to the side of the head?
He didn't stand on his head. He kicked him in the head. So yes, I'd take a kick to the head before I took an elbow to the face.

Fine if others wouldn't. Everyone has their own opinion.

ManUchosenbosslvg

Supports
Manchester reds
Nope. Not ever. Just level headed and I've got out the way of my own bias. (Not saying that you're not)

Not too fussed if anyone rates one worse than the other and disagree with me in any way.

There were people calling for a 10 game ban for Mings which is just ridiculous.
The FA seem to swing the axe by public outrage rather than any common sense though. Remember after the Suarez bite the FA actually referred to the fact it was trending on Twitter as a reason to increase his ban way above normal.

People shitting the bed claiming Ming's should be receiving criminal charges are idiots, Ibra was literally up throwing elbows within seconds, how would you prove this "assault" caused him any harm at all?

How would you prove there was intent beyond reasonable doubt on the part of Ming's which is the standard required in a criminal court?

UnrelatedPsuedo

People shitting the bed claiming Ming's should be receiving criminal charges are idiots, Ibra was literally up throwing elbows within seconds, how would you prove this "assault" caused him any harm at all?

How would you prove there was intent beyond reasonable doubt on the part of Ming's which is the standard required in a criminal court?
Ben Thatcher is the standard we judge against. That sickening elbow on Mendes got him 7 games I think - possibly plus a suspended extra 3 - and that was assault. 100% unarguable no arguing serious assault.

They've decided it was intentional so he'll probably end up with an extra game ban.

ManUchosenbosslvg

Supports
Manchester reds
Ben Thatcher is the standard we judge against. That sickening elbow on Mendes got him 7 games I think - possibly plus a suspended extra 3 - and that was assault. 100% unarguable no arguing serious assault.

They've decided it was intentional so he'll probably end up with an extra game ban.
Oh of course the FA can decide on intent based on hearsay and public opinion if they want to, but this would never see the light of day in a real court room.